Why do so many people Catfish?... What's the point when you'll have to reveal your real self anyway?

Shilo66

Posted (edited)

Aeonova - This was your comment, thanks for the insight, and I am grateful that I'm not in such a position, hence, why I'm trying to understand it. I may not be able to walk that mile, but at least I aim to understand:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone has struggles. Some are really horrible, and some of those people have no-one to turn to and no-one who will offer anything but judgement. Some people therefore become excruciatingly lonely and are left with very few options for human contact - society neglects these people. It's hard for then to even admit their challenges. Catfishing becomes one way for these pretty tragic souls to drag a little human warmth into their cold, lonely, sad lives, even if it's ultimately doomed to end horribly at some point, and even if it hurts the people they catfish.
Desperate people do anything to stave off their own suffering. Everyone who is not in the position to understand what that's like should be grateful for that, and ideally keep compassion alive for catfishers, and anyone else who does something messed up. Walk a mile in another's shoes and you'll always absolutely get why they do what they do.

Edited by Shilo66
Posted

We, men, sometimes have the problem that we don't share our problems and the solutions to them. I have been at fault for doing that for may years. Instead now I am actively sharing my experiences and giving my view freely when asked. We aren't typically good at asking for support so what you have done was great to see. Hopefully my words help. You're definitely not alone and never will be. There are plenty of like minded people. It's just a case of finding them and keeping them around. We're weak alone but stronger together. 

I'll send a friend request over mate

Posted
@shillo66 From my own personal experience how much you are willing and able to forgive depends on your state of mind not just the catfishers'. In the past I've had men lie to me about age, marital status, and various other things, at the time I was in a very *** position so in spite of the lies, I maintained contact because once an attachment of some kind is made it can be extremely difficult to break.
Posted

Wow and thankyou, Sparkleswithleather. That explains how some women can forgive such lies. I never thought about / considered the 'state of mind' aspect. Thanks for that insight.

Posted

Sparkles, maybe you should consider a man like Shilo. He seems like a good man and Dom to me

Posted
Lol Frontman, are you his wingman?
Posted

I'm just saying it like it is. There aren't many good genuine men in kink but he seems to be one of them. His style of thinking is similar to mine

If this mentality and style attracts you, you should talk with him

Posted
Smells like matchmaking…I’m just saying 🤷‍♀️
Posted (edited)

Well, he isn't taken yet Bombshell. Just saying ;)

Edited by frontman23
Posted
I get it. I think it’s lovely of you. 😉
Posted

I was actually giving you the same advice ;)

Posted

Don't get all shy now. I mean London is a short flight from NY remember 

Posted
Alright, alright. Truth be told, I actually would consider hopping across the pond to scoop him up if one of us were a submissive. Twelve years ago, I moved to Sydney, Australia chasing a submissive who lived there, so it’s not out of My comfort zone. But the double Dominant thing, well, could get messy. 😉
Posted

LOL... :clapping: 1BlondeBombshell. It would be like the film, Highlander ---- There can be only ONE... LOL

Posted

It's a shame you're not sub. I'm sure Shilo and I would both like to meet you

Posted
@Shiloh66 And you stay out of this! LOL! It’s your fault I’m having this insane conversation on a public thread, hilarious!!!! 😂
Posted (edited)

If you prefer, we could take this conversation to somewhere quieter

PM me and let's talk

Edited by frontman23
Posted
Ok, I’m in. Why does this remind Me of a verbal gang bang? PM Me.
Posted

It's because that's the limit at the moment. You've got a message filter, PM me instead

Posted

If this blossoms into something I want an invite to the wedding / collaring. 

Now I'm going to be a kill-joy, can we get back on topic please?

Sadistocrat
Posted

For many it is that they enjoy the fantasy. And talking about it and pretending to make plans partly satisfies it. Even if they have no intention to actually live it out in person. Currently or ever. I had that exact experience a couple months ago with a certain “submissivepet”. 

Of course many others are just looking to scam for ***. 

Posted
A collaring sounds like fun. Let's see what happens