Electrostim Recommendations?

freezingmoon96

freezingmoon96
Posted

I want to experiment with electrostim for solo play, does anyone know of any good affordable options that aren't unsafe? Looking for under $100 preferably. Open to DIY ideas also, I've been looking at TENS devices but would like recommendations on electrode pairings and ways to streamline it to work well for fun.

Posted

As always, please feel free to make recommendations but no external links, thank you. 

Posted
I cant say whats safe in the US. In the UK i use E-stim equipment. TENS units from reputable manufacturers can be good to start with
Avoid cheap imports from china.
Its important to research the safety aspect. Such as avoiding passing currents across the heart or generally above the waist, except in certain circumstances.
freezingmoon96
Posted
16 hours ago, TheBookCollector said:

I cant say whats safe in the US. In the UK i use E-stim equipment. TENS units from reputable manufacturers can be good to start with
Avoid cheap imports from china.
Its important to research the safety aspect. Such as avoiding passing currents across the heart or generally above the waist, except in certain circumstances.

Good to know! With a TENS device would you just use the pretty standard electrodes that you stick on or are there kinds of electrodes or attachments that are compatible and better suited to electrostim? With the violet wands for instance it seems there's a great variety of electrodes to choose from with some geared towards different sensations, though I know those work entirely differently than the TENS units so they may not even be comparable.

Posted
It depends on what you want to achieve.
Violet wands are different to E-stim and TENS.
Violet wands can be used through clothing as they use an electro-static charge to create a.sensation.
Tens and E-stims need contact with skin. You can buy insertables for.the anus and vagina, as well as nipple clips. You can also get attachments for the penis that will send pulses along the shaft or across the head.
The pads can also be used to send a shock over the body, eg a pad on the ankle and one on the thigh will send a pulse up the leg. A pad on each ankle will send the pulse up and down the legs.
freezingmoon96
Posted
13 hours ago, TheBookCollector said:

It depends on what you want to achieve.
Violet wands are different to E-stim and TENS.
Violet wands can be used through clothing as they use an electro-static charge to create a.sensation.
Tens and E-stims need contact with skin. You can buy insertables for.the anus and vagina, as well as nipple clips. You can also get attachments for the penis that will send pulses along the shaft or across the head.
The pads can also be used to send a shock over the body, eg a pad on the ankle and one on the thigh will send a pulse up the leg. A pad on each ankle will send the pulse up and down the legs.

Perfect, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

• 2 months later...
Posted

There are some great low current butt plugs as well as sounding units.