Allowing Ignorance to Be Your Guidance System

Posted
Many people put hard limits as children, ***s and anything illegal. I see it on lots of profiles. It’s a very normal hard limit. I don’t play in age play, but would think for a little today they don’t want to play in any way linked with paedophilia is a sensible things to say.
Posted
17 minutes ago, Princess_Pickles said:

I am a FetLife refugee, haha. During my 13 years on that site, I received numerous proposals from pedophiles, asking for me to venture out with them.

So, yes. Coming from the journey I have been on, stating this as a hard limit is neither foolish nor concerning.

Not concerning that you’ve mentioned it, concerning that you’ve felt the need to. At least this site blocks them as quickly as they can.

Posted
3 hours ago, Mazimus said:

Wtf is a little? (New to all of this lol)

This is a seriously rude way for someone new and lacking in knowledge to respond. Google is a pretty handy tool, there's a whole huge wide world of kink and BDSM education out there and so much of it is free and readily available if one only put in a bit of effort to educate themselves. 

Posted
2 hours ago, DuchessFeuille said:

I have Mommy tendencies but the idea that this would extend to minors in any way is beyond absurd. I’m aware that - what would one call it - MDlb? - is somewhat taboo, and it’s not an arrangement I would enter into lightly (anyone who DMs me with “Hi Mommy” gets shut down immediately). It’s for you to decide what your limits are, and if he can’t get his head round that he’s not worth another second of your time.

Similar here, I definitely have a fair amount of Mommy energy but age play isn't anything I'm interested in. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

Not concerning that you’ve mentioned it, concerning that you’ve felt the need to. At least this site blocks them as quickly as they can.

Well, I certainly hope so...

Posted
I don't even like going younger than 32 much less any younger than that
Posted
1 hour ago, ThaliaVirago said:

This is a seriously rude way for someone new and lacking in knowledge to respond. Google is a pretty handy tool, there's a whole huge wide world of kink and BDSM education out there and so much of it is free and readily available if one only put in a bit of effort to educate themselves. 

Then why not try educating them instead of brushing them off? That's why these threads exist, to open dialogue, to express ideas, and to learn. There's already a large amount of people who will brush them off, and to be in the community only to tell someone to go figure it out themselves is rude as well. Immature way to ask? Yes, but try making a difference in their journey and be the educator. They would probably be thankful for it.

Posted
I get the Little mentality, but at what point does the line of being one and age play cross? If being a little outside of the bedroom is the basis, then isn't it bordering age play once sex is involved? Or is it just that mentality is changed when it comes to sex? Age play is a form of role playing, and consent is always the basis. So i guess my curiosity is really based around whether that mentality is carried over that makes the difference?
Posted
1 hour ago, Travibara said:

Then why not try educating them instead of brushing them off? That's why these threads exist, to open dialogue, to express ideas, and to learn. There's already a large amount of people who will brush them off, and to be in the community only to tell someone to go figure it out themselves is rude as well. Immature way to ask? Yes, but try making a difference in their journey and be the educator. They would probably be thankful for it.

So, I answered the question myself.  I will say, the tone of the question was incredibly rude.  Asking a question for information is always appreciated.  Asking someone WTF their thing is that they identify with is incredibly rude.  Particularly in a thread where the OP is identifying that they were approached rudely and said they were attacked.  I think we can agree that individuals should be able to have the identity that corresponds with who they are, and they shouldn't be approached rudely when there is a question about it.

Posted
1 hour ago, Travibara said:

I get the Little mentality, but at what point does the line of being one and age play cross? If being a little outside of the bedroom is the basis, then isn't it bordering age play once sex is involved? Or is it just that mentality is changed when it comes to sex? Age play is a form of role playing, and consent is always the basis. So i guess my curiosity is really based around whether that mentality is carried over that makes the difference?

I think, like so many things, this is a debated thing.  I think some would include littles under age play.  Some would reverse the order and put age play under littles.  This was an interesting take on it that I came across:  Ageplay to me is more about the roleplaying of a child at a certain age whereas for a little, being childlike is an innate part of their personality. Some littles do regress and others are childlike (even sometimes into much if not all of their life).  For littles that I have talked with, they are not playing a certain age.  This is a part of them, who they are, as much as anything else.   

Posted
4 hours ago, lexington996 said:

@mazimus- Any of you can correct me if I’m wrong because I think dynamics are interpreted differently for individual people, but a little is someone who regresses back to the mind set of a child. They may enjoy pacifiers and being taken care of or cartoons and activities that you would normally associate with someone of a childlike age/mentality. I am very dominant and assertive in my everyday life and choose to be submissive when it comes to my dynamic because it is a way to find release from the everyday stresses of my adult life. I think the same applies for someone who identifies as a little or a middle.

I don't think you are wrong at all.  I would say that there are littles who regress and littles who are more child-like.  I like to think of it as "flavors" of being a little.  Different littles like different things.  I know ones who are into stuffies, diapers, bottles, being read stories, being affirmed and cared for, pacifiers, etc.  There is tremendous variety as there is with everything.

Posted
2 hours ago, Travibara said:

There's an excellent article called "A Little Lifestyle Vs A Little Age Play" on the Not So Growed Up website that does an excellent job at distinguishing the two.

Posted
3 hours ago, Travibara said:

See @giraut response to this. It's pretty spot on. I make way more attempts at educating than others often would and when there's an attitude like that behind it there's next to never any gratitude. I don't owe anyone any extra labor than I have want or energy to give in any given moment. 

You're acting like I'm calling them out for simply not knowing and not their lack of basic respect in human interactions. 

Posted
When my littles are little we do littles events we cuddle and show affection when they are not little and sub we do sub stuff with sexual content
Posted
4 hours ago, wolverhampton633 said:
When my littles are little we do littles events we cuddle and show affection when they are not little and sub we do sub stuff with sexual content

💕Thank you for sharing!🤗Haha🧸

This is how I little and sub as well.

Posted
10 hours ago, giraut said:

There's an excellent article called "A Little Lifestyle Vs A Little Age Play" on the Not So Growed Up website that does an excellent job at distinguishing the two.

💕Thank you for sharing!🤗Haha🧸

I never knew of this place...

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
Oh yeah, definitely participating in such. Im a middle, though. So usually more so! 😛😬
- I agree with what a few people mentioned already; just that I've always seen it as, someone in : 'age play' is, well, play. While usually littles ,(etc), feel it's a lart of their Identity, so to speak.
Anywwy, regardless of anything, I'd tell him don't worry about it. 🙄 Haha And that hes contradicting because he's in my inbox, fishing for some action talk, (you to admit what he said), but trying to act like He's concerned about something. Busybody weirdo lol
MasterDarcy1979
Posted

I know that this is going off on a tangent but...

Ignorance should never be a guiding system. In any part of BDSM.

People have to read, ask, do research, etc, as much as they possibly can before entering any dynamic.

Knowledge is king.

Posted
Anything to do with minors should be child ***, and a reported immediately anybody even asking about it!
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Fun story, I just lost a former best friend when I told him I was looking into DD/lg. He flipped out on me insisting that DD/lg is ageplay and basically condoning pedophilia. Insisted he was an expert and I was wrong. I’m not into age play per se, just want to be called daddy and my submissive other a princess and spoil her. I want her to spoil me in the bedroom waiting for me to tell her what to do and then I reward her in turn. I see nothing wrong with that at all. It’s just a power dynamic.
Posted
5 hours ago, John6984 said:

Fun story, I just lost a former best friend when I told him I was looking into DD/lg. He flipped out on me insisting that DD/lg is ageplay and basically condoning pedophilia. Insisted he was an expert and I was wrong. I’m not into age play per se, just want to be called daddy and my submissive other a princess and spoil her. I want her to spoil me in the bedroom waiting for me to tell her what to do and then I reward her in turn. I see nothing wrong with that at all. It’s just a power dynamic.

Yeah, this is one of the big reasons to be careful about who we "come out" to about interest in any kink or bdsm. Some people will never be able to wrap their heads around things and others won't even try because they're convinced that their preconceived ideas are based in truth. 

I've had some partners call me "Mommy" but u don't necessarily identify as *a* Mommy. It's just the title or name that felt right with those individuals, and they aren't/weren't littles either but submissives, toys, pets, playthings.