HALLOWEEN OUTFITS

bb****

Posted
7 hours ago, MasterDarcy1979 said:

Halloween isn't as big in Scotland as it is everywhere else. Which is ironic as All Hallows Eve originated In Scotland to mark the festival of Samhain.

Children are the ones who celebrate it most here.

I suppose it depends on where you are in Scotland?
I lived for a few years in Edinburgh, and still have friends there and over on Glasgow. I went to Halloween parties in Edinburgh every year, and my friends in both cities still love getting dressed up for them.

MasterDarcy1979
Posted
5 hours ago, Kurious_Kat said:

I suppose it depends on where you are in Scotland?
I lived for a few years in Edinburgh, and still have friends there and over on Glasgow. I went to Halloween parties in Edinburgh every year, and my friends in both cities still love getting dressed up for them.

Its possible. I'm not the most sociable of creatures at the best of times, so it might possibly be off frequency.

I'm in Glasgow.

Generally, though, adults dressing up, etc, is far more popular in the US.

Saying that, though, when I was a child there were swarths of children "guising". But now? It's rare to see one.

So, I can only conclude that the kids attend parties or there's a local witch devouring all the children.

The latter would be cool. :p

Posted

when I were a lad... we'd just knock on any door

but I think kids these days are told to only go to houses which explicitly look interested : i.e. have decorations up etc.   so if you don't look like you're interested, you get fewer 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
October 31, Corpsebride said:
Halloween has to be Halloween. I don’t want to see a skimpy little outfit, show me something scary and covered in ***

Perfect answer