New? Or Existing? Kink

Posted
I have been really thinking about my style as a Dom and what I enjoy. While doing so I have discovered that I have a real kink for introducing new people to BDSM and the Dom/Sub dynamic.
I'm not sure if this even has a label! If anybody reading knows I'd love to know what it's called and listen to anybody who enjoys this. Are we Innovators? Trailblazers?

Since becoming single a few years ago I naturally meet people. Some that I have met have not really explored at all. I have found that introducing them to this world and allowing them to accept being submissive makes me feel dominant in a new way.
Isn't that the epitome of dominance? To unlock something for the first time knowing that they will forever think of you in the need for exploring further. To be in their mind.

If this has a name I'd welcome any response!
Posted
Sounds like big/little kink but with a different shade to it
Posted
It's interesting, to me, that the people you mention having introduced to BDSM are people you've introduced to submission as opposed to submission and/or dominance...
I don't think it's innovative unless you created the idea of submission
Maybe introductory would suit?
Posted
My Dom is introducing bdsm to me on a higher level and that makes him more Dom to me. I would hate as a submissive showing a new Dom the bdsm world.
Posted

a few years ago there was something locally which took a while to twig what was going on.     There'd been a young-ish male Dom who, after a relationship broke down, swung through a few relationships in a short space of time with young girls who'd never really done much with kink.

A lot of people have had some form of kink fantasies - and someone kinda approaching them, citing their experience as a Dom, 'known on the kink community' (despite never then taking them to a kink event....) was a bit kinda... exciting.... but the thing is.... he never really introduced them to kink or D/s he introduced them to kink or D/s according to him and once the initial kinda 'frenzy' wore off they found the whole thing wasn't for them.  And it wasn't that kink wasn't for them, but how he sold it wasn't for them.  And there's some of these ladies who've since actually been turned off the whole idea of kink due to what ultimately became negative experiences with him.

So there's stuff that can be a lot of fun and it can be great helping someone who has had maybe some form of kink fantasies and pointing them to the world of kink; but I think there's stuff where there does have to be consideration that you are introducing them to kink - and not your version of kink

otherwise the word is 'grooming'

and I'm not saying this is the case - but when people looked at the above person later - it became apparent he'd deliberately avoided anyone with access to community/resources and instead looked at people who were.... naive.   

Posted
16 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

a few years ago there was something locally which took a while to twig what was going on.     There'd been a young-ish male Dom who, after a relationship broke down, swung through a few relationships in a short space of time with young girls who'd never really done much with kink.

A lot of people have had some form of kink fantasies - and someone kinda approaching them, citing their experience as a Dom, 'known on the kink community' (despite never then taking them to a kink event....) was a bit kinda... exciting.... but the thing is.... he never really introduced them to kink or D/s he introduced them to kink or D/s according to him and once the initial kinda 'frenzy' wore off they found the whole thing wasn't for them.  And it wasn't that kink wasn't for them, but how he sold it wasn't for them.  And there's some of these ladies who've since actually been turned off the whole idea of kink due to what ultimately became negative experiences with him.

So there's stuff that can be a lot of fun and it can be great helping someone who has had maybe some form of kink fantasies and pointing them to the world of kink; but I think there's stuff where there does have to be consideration that you are introducing them to kink - and not your version of kink

otherwise the word is 'grooming'

and I'm not saying this is the case - but when people looked at the above person later - it became apparent he'd deliberately avoided anyone with access to community/resources and instead looked at people who were.... naive.   

Bingo

Posted
I’d categorize this a mentor/mentee kink, with a specific bdsm focus
Posted
I can't help but be drawn to this sentence "allowing them to accept being submissive" OP. Can you clarify because no-one allows someone else to feel submissive. Opens their eyes perhaps. Provides a safe space. Offers insight. Etc etc. those are all things that a friend or mentor might provide in a non-sexual context. Is that what you (hopefully) mean?