We need to do things better.....

PixieDust

Posted
7 minutes ago, ThinGuy said:

I think we should form a Union Of Members with a Shop Steward to represent

our views and can liaise with management over grievances and the scam issue.

The representative should be elected by the members.

Lets make this democratic:

United we stand, divided we fall.

Vote for THE MASTER aka Red Chris  lol

But seriously anyone who agrees with the proposal say aye.

😎😎😎đŸ˜ș🌈

I am not sure. I think the moderators are doing a reasonable job in a World where the dishonest are always a step ahead. Simple checks are good. 

Maybe some way of letting members know what is being done to protect and ensure that the undesired elements and behaviour is rooted out. 

This can also act as a deterrent

Posted

We can already do this via the fet mods, who do what they can, but when one person leaves there's probably about 100 who take their place...., another site I vaguely use was having the same problems, their answer was to go properly global to increase financial income, the result, basic UK members lost the ability to use chatrooms and basic functions, the basic members from other global sites that had united, were still able to use chatrooms and that. These problems aren't unique to here, they're everywhere, in one form or another, and purely because how the internet operates 

Posted

I am not satisfied that the Mod's are doing a good job.

Posted

The Mods do what they can, and do it well, unfortunately their hands are tied to a degree, and it comes down to the same thing, it is a business, though do you think every single member would leave to prove a point, it would just resurface under a different name, or join ***s with other sites making matters even worse, for example when you join what you think is a small dating site, on looking into it you find it is just one of over 100 sites owned ultimately by one company, and the problems there are even worse because of file sharing, you join an anything goes site then wonder why the women are disgusted, it's because they joined a strictly, well for ease a "vanilla" site, no nudity allowed

Posted
On 1/10/2020 at 1:17 AM, Annalou said:

Hi @PixieDust and all other fellow kinksters. Our team is very sorry that this decision has caused you angst and distress, this is the last thing we want for our community. As you can imagine, keeping a site like this safe, sane and consensual is of upmost importance to us and it is a huge job that comprises a number of teams working around the world. Alongside our moderators on the site, we have a support team that actively works its hardest to ensure the safety and credibility of users, however, sometimes mistakes and oversights are made. In your case, this was something that should not have happened and I want to offer my sincerest apologies. It was through a combination of miscommunication about the issue and some issues regarding verification that this happened. As a team, we are always trying to improve how we do things and all of your feedback here is welcomed and heard. We want to strive to be the most-trusted fetish and BDSM community in the world, and it's only with loyal kinksters like you that this will happen. If you ever have anything else you would like to talk about, please slide into my DMs and we can chat further. Keep it kinky all of you :)

I'm so glad this has been sorted out for PixieDust, a lovely, generous lady and very excellent PM-ing mate of ours. Now, under the heading 'Chat', there is a clearly marked individual section for 'Chat Rules' in noticeable letters, BEFORE entering the Chat Rooms.  But for the Community/Forum, there's 'Guidelines' in squidgy little letters. How about making it bigger and with a "Hold Up!" (again, like the chatroom  entry) and put some 'Read This First Before Joining a Discussion or Posting a Reply - Good Manners 101 Basics'  there before those with chips on their shoulders head into discussion threads like bulls in the proverbial china shops, or use them to insult someone who's blocked them?  You wouldn't think you'd have to tell people the bleeding obvious, but obviously, in the days of cyber-space 'anonymity', they DO need to be told. Keep it simple - "Behave in the forums as if you were in a cafe, bar or pub talking to these people face to face." And maybe something about blocking: "If you've been blocked, it's for a reason.  The person who blocked you does not have to explain to you. You can grow up, examine your behaviour, take responsibility for it and do better next time; or you can have a tantrum, post insults in threads and risk eventually being deleted or shunned by the rest of the community." Fortunately these people seem to be in the minority, but it's never nice to be enjoying a thread with intelligent posts and replies then have someone blaring in there, childishly disrupting it with a petty grudge. If someone did that in a pub - came barreling up to a group engaged in a quiet discussion and started  abusing one of them using offensive language  - they'd be put out and barred for a period of time, at least here in Australia they would.  Why not implement suspensions from the site for misbehaviour?  Hope some solutions can be found, and soon.