The Jigsaw

Posted

Is a Submissive a jigsaw? Do all the pieces have to be in place to deliver a beautiful picture?? I can see three scenarios here, simply my interpretation not fact;

Scenario 1; 

You come across a jigsaw, it’s complete... the picture is beautiful for all to see and with all the pieces tightly secured together. You’re happy with the image so you decide to adapt it as your masterpiece, you take the jigsaw in its whole entity and frame it proudly.

Scenario 2;

You come across a jigsaw, it’s incomplete... the picture can be seen and has potential to be beautiful but there’s a piece missing. You examine the picture, you figure out the angles of the missing piece... you search high and low. Has it been dropped on the floor? Has it been inadvertently left in the box? Finally you find that missing piece... you place it firmly in its place and then claim the finished product as your own. You’re happy with the image so you decide to adapt it as your masterpiece, you take the jigsaw in its whole entity and frame it proudly.

Scenario 3;

You come across a jigsaw, it’s sprawled in pieces. Nothing makes sense, no order, no image can even begin to be deciphered but the picture on the box is beautiful. You’ve a decision to make... do you try to make sense and create a beautiful image or do you walk away? Are too many pieces too much work? If you can’t see the image for the clutter is it worth it? Do you have the time and energy to create a masterpiece from scratch?? Could you ever be happy with the image and could you decide to adapt it as your masterpiece... would you decide to take the jigsaw in its whole entity and frame it proudly? 

Posted

Well Princess, for me, I would choose scenerio 3, but I doubt that I would be claiming it as my masterpiece.  For me, the beautiful bits were already there, it was just a matter of finding how they went together, and as I managed to find and place them into position, admire the beauty of the pieces coming together.  And this would continue right till the end when I could step back and admire the over all picture.  Yes I would frame it and hang it proudly.

Now if we are talking about submissives as being the jigsaw, the finishing touches to the picture NEVER stop, because there is always a broadening of boundaries, the pushing of limits, the experimentation of other kinks, the attaining of subspace and bliss from different techniques, and the continued growth of both the submissive, and the relationship between subject and assembler (dom). 

One of these has a definitive finishing point whereas the other is a continued work in progress.  

Posted

That is the most beautiful analogy I've heard in a long time. Thank you for sharing.

Posted
6 minutes ago, bound_baker said:

That is the most beautiful analogy I've heard in a long time. Thank you for sharing.

💗

Posted

Nice. Here is the thing - you know how certain things (food, drink, experiences) just seem so much better in the right setting and context?

Going back to the masterpiece, no matter how you put it together, it is also a question of where you put it, and it is from this that the beauty comes.

In reality, I think most of us fits into scenarios 2 or 3 as none of us are perfect - but in the right setting, we all can be ..

Posted
2 minutes ago, Carnelian2 said:

Nice. Here is the thing - you know how certain things (food, drink, experiences) just seem so much better in the right setting and context?

Going back to the masterpiece, no matter how you put it together, it is also a question of where you put it, and it is from this that the beauty comes.

In reality, I think most of us fits into scenarios 2 or 3 as none of us are perfect - but in the right setting, we all can be ..

Carnelian, we should never lose sight of the fact, that each of us, are special in some way or another, and it matters not what role we play in life, we just need for that special someone to look at us honestly, and to recognize our true value, and try to capture if.  We should never try to hide behind facades to make it more difficult for them.

Posted

Nice try C ! 

But me, I will grab all the pieces and put them back in the box, shake hard that box and start my puzzle bits by bits

Posted

The picture on the box often does not match the pieces within. I agree with @Fabseverus and his point of view. We must create our own Utopia if you like, our own ways with our own rules.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

The picture on the box often does not match the pieces within. I agree with @Fabseverus and his point of view. We must create our own Utopia if you like, our own ways with our own rules.

just make sure you don't *** pieces to go where they don't on the picture lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kymi said:

just make sure you don't *** pieces to go where they don't on the picture lol

thats what the spanking is for ;)

Posted

Maybe I prefer to throw the pieces away and create my own puzzle @Kymi

Posted
5 minutes ago, FabSeverus said:

thats what the spanking is for ;)

ooh yes, good idea 

Posted
2 hours ago, FabSeverus said:

Nice try C ! 

But me, I will grab all the pieces and put them back in the box, shake hard that box and start my puzzle bits by bits

Haha Fab! Poor lass best hold on tight 💗

Posted
2 hours ago, Donnykinkster said:

The picture on the box MAY NOT match...

Posted

Hence the use of the word "often" this is why patience is key. If I have learned one thing recently it's not to rush, this path only brings ***.

Posted
2 minutes ago, little_dark_princess said:

especially when a sub is moved into sissy roles, the picture on the box never matches the final product, so maybe we are less jigsaws where what is within is a jumbled up version of what is on the box and more Russian dolls, or Ancient Egyptian coffins, where there are layers that need removing to find the finished us

Posted
1 minute ago, Donnykinkster said:

Hence the use of the word "often" this is why patience is key. If I have learned one thing recently it's not to rush, this path only brings ***.

I take it you mean bad ***?  *** itself is not necessarily the problem as every spankee knows there's good *** as well lol

Posted

The worst type, emotional.

Posted
23 minutes ago, little_dark_princess said:

Haha Fab! Poor lass best hold on tight 💗

this is what ropes are for 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Kymi said:

especially when a sub is moved into sissy roles, the picture on the box never matches the final product, so maybe we are less jigsaws where what is within is a jumbled up version of what is on the box and more Russian dolls, or Ancient Egyptian coffins, where there are layers that need removing to find the finished us

lol I bet some got a rather interesting surprise ahah oops dint expect a extra piece ;) 

Posted
5 hours ago, MossyBoy said:

Carnelian, we should never lose sight of the fact, that each of us, are special in some way or another, and it matters not what role we play in life, we just need for that special someone to look at us honestly, and to recognize our true value, and try to capture if.  We should never try to hide behind facades to make it more difficult for them.

I think we agree then, albeit expressed in slightly different words :-)

Posted
1 hour ago, little_dark_princess said:

... and that is the beauty of discovery and exploration ..

Posted

In my opinion the jigsaw is always in pieces, when we find it but we don’t have the box lid, when the chosen dynamic starts it’s up the participants to make the picture together !!

This isn’t a one size fits all life, the nuances of every relationship will be different ! 
And sometimes even after we have started the jigsaw we find we can’t complete it and part company !!

Posted
On 4/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, FETMOD-SH said:

In my opinion the jigsaw is always in pieces, when we find it but we don’t have the box lid, when the chosen dynamic starts it’s up the participants to make the picture together !!

Sure would be nice if both participants had equal say in the matter of how the picture gets made up. But all I've seen are a bunch of "my way or the highway" Dominant men.