My Wife and I are Newbies wanting to learn

Posted

My Wife and I are Newbies to the whole BDSM. We want to explore Lite BDSM and both of us will be a Switch. Any advise for someone who wants to learn and things to try. We are needing to add some spice to our sex life.

cautiousswitch
Posted

Light BDSM is just intensity.  There's a whole lot to choose from so far as activities.  I doubt one of you just thought, "BDSM, I'd like to try that."  Whatever piqued your interest is probably the best place to start.  Advice will be less generic if you ask questions about more specific activities.  

So far as generic advice goes:

Communication in advance as to what each of you would like to get out of it.
Communication during to make things less likely to go awry.
Communication afterwards for aftercare along with hugs, cuddles, chocolate, first aid, and any other comforts you can think of.
Yes, first aid.  Be ready just in case.
Discuss the safety of what you are going to do and try to think of what may go wrong so you can be prepared for it before you start.
Study first.  Watch videos.  Ask questions.

Seems like a lot of work, but there's reasons for all of it.  Most importantly, don't get so excited when you finally do try it that you forget what you've learned and make mistakes.  It is very easy to get carried away when you are new.

Posted

cautious I think that your comment covered a lot of that very well indeed for such a large subject - bravo!

Just one thing to add... As a Dominant you will make mistakes, as a sub as well, of course.

So be ready to forgive easily, laugh at your self often and never hold a grudge.

Other than that as cautious said so well communicate, communicate, communicate and then check you are both happy with the level of communication.

By the way light BDSM ftw! 😁