My 7 Foundations of a Kink relationship (or dynamic):

Posted

1. Communication.
You cannot safely play in a serious power exchange relationship without proper communication. Trust can’t be built, limits can’t be respected or expressed without it.

2. Trust
I had a Master once tell me “if we don’t have trust, we have nothing” trust is sacred from both the s-type and D-type. How can you give yourself to someone and be *** without trusting them first? And how can you own a S-type without having trust and faith they won’t go against you in a malicious way?

3. Respect:
As a recipient of *** and *** I will tell you there’s a difference between a D-Type being degrading and being abusive. It’s them respecting my limits, not violating my personal morals etc. And for a D-type you need respect so you can engage in healthy power exchange situations. There’s a difference between a sub doing something to brat versus just being malicious and undermining. Respect yourselves too in this, when you feel uncomfortable and unsafe don’t hold back because your scared to loose something. Overall respect yourself and your kink partner.

4. Understanding
I feel like we all get caught up in our roles, the ones we engage in outside of play and inside of it. Being able to understand your partners commitments outside of your dynamic is big in my opinion. S-Types set realistic standards for the level of attention you need understand that your D-Type has to take care of themselves as well as you. D-Types remember your S-Types cannot be horny little sluts for you 24:7. Were human first, our roles second, and it takes communication and respect for each other to work our a power exchange that we can remain healthy and happy in.

5. Honesty
Now I know I shouldn’t have to say this but I will, honesty is the best policy. Lying S/D- Types aren’t the good type of naughty we enjoy. You should always be straight forward and open with a potential partner. Yes it’s easy to say what we believe the other person will enjoy, but building a dynamic on lies just leads to messy endings (and no not the messy endings we enjoy 😉). You should always be honest with yourself too,making sure to figure out “is this something I like?” Because this is how you will figure out your needs and limits in this.

6. Aftercare
There’s aftercare for both parties involved, and it’s a big thing taking care of one another when your finished playing. This doesn’t have to be cuddles and hugs and sweet kisses. It could be movies and blankets or just having a good conversation to end out the night and continue bonding with one another. Or applying some ice so a sexy red ass 😉After care is this big thing because we get so high from our play sessions that the lows can be just as earth shattering. (This is called Sub/Dom dropping I encourage everyone to research it if you don’t know already) There’s nothing more sacred then a caring sub and a protective Dom and I know we all wanna part ways right after the build up, but just make sure your partners are okay 🙂

7. Safety
There shouldn’t be one moment you don’t feel safe in a power exchange. We have ***s, insecurities, and vulnerabilities that are all at play when we give each other trust. This is why communication is your first foundation, voice them. We should all be mindful of our mental health when we are engaging in play. As for Physical play safety, research practise and be careful always have a safe word so you know your not abusing your partner or causing ***.

I know there’s more stuff, that play into a healthy dynamic always communicate needs and limits to your partner. But overall talk, be safe, be respectful and stay kinky 🙂

Posted

Love it 😊😚😊

Posted

Wonderful! There’s going to be a munch in the chat room on Thursday about Dom/sub drop if people want to learn more! (8pm UK time)

Posted

There is sincerely nothing to add here, great job! 👏🏽🙌🏽

Posted
11 hours ago, SweetKit said:

(This is called Sub/Dom dropping I encourage everyone to research it if you don’t know already) There’s nothing more sacred then a caring sub and a protective Dom and I know we all wanna part ways right after the build up, but just make sure your partners are okay 🙂

Well said :$

It can be a traumatic thing drop and though not always totally preventable with good pre and aftercare it should be something that is the exception rather than a regular occurrence.

Great article SweetKit

7 hours ago, Jinxy said:

There’s going to be a munch in the chat room on Thursday about Dom/sub drop if people want to learn more! (8pm UK time)

Thank you for the plug Jinxy :), we would love to see everyone there.

Posted
20 hours ago, Jinxy said:

Wonderful! There’s going to be a munch in the chat room on Thursday about Dom/sub drop if people want to learn more! (8pm UK time)

Thanks Jinxy. Can’t wait to see you there.

Posted

This was a really good post with such a good insight! Please keep writing more in the future! 😁

Posted

Thank you all for the love and support🙂❤️

Posted

THIS! Great post. Really informative for newbies like me and not complex. Thanks a bunch😁

Posted

Very helpful information for me as well. Still a newbie also. Thank you