Brats

WyrdOakDaddy

Posted
10 hours ago, Jinxy said:

How would brats or brat tamers respond to those who think it’s topping from the bottom? Do people think brats have more power in a dynamic than other sub types because they are able to push their Dom/me in a direction a bit (ex. nudging toward funishment/punishment)? 

I can see several views on this that seem fair, but personally I do not actually believe that there is such a thing as 'Topping from the Bottom'. 

Ultimately it is all communication in one form or another and all communication is good. Bratting is in fact be a less manipulative, than many other things that may be viewed as Topping, as it only has limited control and is done in a spirit of fun. In the end it is the Dominant that draws the line and decides if the brat will get funishment ( a reward) or punishment (probably something boring for a brat.)

I have always preferred strong submissives and I think that there is no good reason not to have fun doing what you enjoy. Life is just too short. So for me a brat that knows where the line is drawn is perfect. 

Brats have another positive for me. They have a way to clearly indicate that they would like more funishment. This is possibly the best example of informed ongoing consent in action. If you do not fulfil their needs there is every chance that you may be informed that their Mother hits harder than that.

In the end most Topping accusations come from people who feel a little less confident of their Dominance, it is not often heard from old hands who can put someone in their place in a scene in with tone of voice and a glare. Though saying all that, brats are not to everyone's taste, thank heavens. It means there are more to go around.

How can you not love a challenge?

Posted
3 hours ago, Thebian said:

Mmmmm   I am not sure the last poster I spoke to on here loved the challenge.  But hey ho!  😗

Posted
5 minutes ago, TammyNatalia said:

Mmmmm   I am not sure the last poster I spoke to on here loved the challenge.  But hey ho!  😗

The last poster adores a challenge.

Case in point, I spent part the evening ding yours and Greens Ciphers. So yes any challenge, but brats more than anything else. 

Posted

I wouldn't take a Dom's exam.  I give puzzles TO Doms.  Lol🤓

Posted

I'm still relatively new to this but I like to be bratty with humour and verge on becoming sassy to gage the reaction, I'm looking for my Sir to impose his dominance and instil a healthy ***, I am a masochist so if I can manipulate punishment all the better, usually he's one step ahead though! I do reign it in but at the same time I'm looking for that moment when I've gone too far and I am reminded who is the dominant! 🤭

Posted
10 hours ago, SirGreen said:

I will have to tie you up and spank your behind but only if your mine only in a normal way you naughty girl hahahaha

👅

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TammyNatalia said:

👅Ha Mr Green...

OK Mr  PLCO QLRZE.   It's all eyes to the right with that one isn't it.

And your message reads,..... "Like the text on your profile. ,"

Well thank you.  I read your profile pages ago though.  He he. 🤓

Edited by TammyNatalia
More text...
Posted

Admiral loves brats or at least this brat. He said there is no such thing as topping from the bottom (hmmmm maybe the topic of my next post) and in our dynamic such is the truth. We disagree though that there is not such a thing. While I have tried on occasion to do what I would view as an attempt to top its been swiftly and immediately quelled. Being a brat is the ultimate show of respect for him because he is after all a brat tamer. Even having never had a hand laid on me by either of my father or my mother (there was a stepparent but that’s for another discussion ) my mother still hits harder or is that all you’ve got are oftentimes favorites to use to give him the total control he needs in all situations. I don’t say or do things to be malicious or mean or I’d be copying boring paragraphs or standing with my nose pressed to a wall or whatever devious pleasure he can think up to curb what turns from being my fun loving bratty self into being a total bitch with no respect for the limits he has in place. There’s a huge berth between brat and bitch in my view. One is funny the other is done with intent and forethought to not pushing limits but to humiliate and disrespect the dominant. I happen to adore my Admiral and disrespecting him has never even crossed my mind.

Posted

Admiral loves brats or at least this brat. He said there is no such thing as topping from the bottom (hmmmm maybe the topic of my next post) and in our dynamic such is the truth. We disagree though that there is not such a thing. While I have tried on occasion to do what I would view as an attempt to top its been swiftly and immediately quelled. Being a brat is the ultimate show of respect for him because he is after all a brat tamer. Even having never had a hand laid on me by either of my father or my mother (there was a stepparent but that’s for another discussion ) my mother still hits harder or is that all you’ve got are oftentimes favorites to use to give him the total control he needs in all situations. I don’t say or do things to be malicious or mean or I’d be copying boring paragraphs or standing with my nose pressed to a wall or whatever devious pleasure he can think up to curb what turns from being my fun loving bratty self into being a total bitch with no respect for the limits he has in place. There’s a huge berth between brat and bitch in my view. One is funny the other is done with intent and forethought to not pushing limits but to humiliate and disrespect the dominant. I happen to adore my Admiral and disrespecting him has never even crossed my mind.

Posted
12 hours ago, Thebian said:

I can see several views on this that seem fair, but personally I do not actually believe that there is such a thing as 'Topping from the Bottom'. 

Ultimately it is all communication in one form or another and all communication is good. Bratting is in fact be a less manipulative, than many other things that may be viewed as Topping, as it only has limited control and is done in a spirit of fun. In the end it is the Dominant that draws the line and decides if the brat will get funishment ( a reward) or punishment (probably something boring for a brat.)

I have always preferred strong submissives and I think that there is no good reason not to have fun doing what you enjoy. Life is just too short. So for me a brat that knows where the line is drawn is perfect. 

Brats have another positive for me. They have a way to clearly indicate that they would like more funishment. This is possibly the best example of informed ongoing consent in action. If you do not fulfil their needs there is every chance that you may be informed that their Mother hits harder than that.

In the end most Topping accusations come from people who feel a little less confident of their Dominance, it is not often heard from old hands who can put someone in their place in a scene in with tone of voice and a glare. Though saying all that, brats are not to everyone's taste, thank heavens. It means there are more to go around.

I really like this explanation. And I agree that it should be fun and sometimes that gets lost in striving to do kink, in what might be seen as, the “proper” way. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Leisa said:

Excellent point. What is the intention? I think the other key element you mentioned of a brat is knowing when to stop. Where I think the topping from the bottom might come in is someone who doesn’t stop when their Dominant is reining them in. I think this might be where the negative view on brats comes from, hearing about people doing this and assuming that’s how brats behave in general. But as you pointed out, that’s no longer acting as a brat but something else. I wonder if brat taming is as instinctive as being a brat or something that has to be learned? 🤔

Also, would love to read your post if you do end up making one about topping from the bottom. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Jinxy said:

Excellent point. What is the intention? I think the other key element you mentioned of a brat is knowing when to stop. Where I think the topping from the bottom might come in is someone who doesn’t stop when their Dominant is reining them in. I think this might be where the negative view on brats comes from, hearing about people doing this and assuming that’s how brats behave in general. But as you pointed out, that’s no longer acting as a brat but something else. I wonder if brat taming is as instinctive as being a brat or something that has to be learned? 🤔

I think that often the intention is to feel the Dominants dominance. Sometimes that may be subtle it might be a light and playful level of bratting and the D. saying "That's Enough..." in that voice. At other times the intention is a little like sticking your bum out and wiggling it. It is going to get you a spanking if not right then, a promise of one later. 

Which gives both parties something pleasant to think about during the day. Ultimately, in my eyes at least, bratting is an art really. You are making look as if you are playing and messing around right up until you hit that invisible line. 

Then you are expected to not step over that line.

This probably sounds darn right unfair on the brat, but there is a reason for that, you are setting them up to fail. Not to really fail, it is a part of the funishment game.

So you did X .... That was over the line....You need a spanking... 

See everyone wins. Tink / Leisa is brilliant at just toeing that invisible line. In fact she is so good at it I have to set her up to fail in other ways or just spank her for the hell of it. 

Personally I think it is respect that makes a lifestyle Brat, they want to entertain and have fun, possibly teach the odd lesson. The bottom line though is with Their Dominant they are very respectful, loyal and devoted. Often their Brat is an excellent red flag detection system and a lot of fun.

"Bitches" though I wince at the word, so lets try to think of a better one, Vanilla Brats.

Okay, Vanilla Brats do not care about respect. They may want the fun but they probably do not have to deal with the repercussions so it tends to morph into manipulation. 

Again personally, although I am a "Brat-tamer" I am more of a Brat appreciator. I think the main lesson a brat tamer needs is not to positively rein*** behaviour you want to stop. 

As your lifestyle brat is an adult informing them how terribly boring the punishment may be enough of an incentive to stop.

It goes without saying that the worst punishment you can give is that disappointed look, so do not use it except as a very last resort. Your brat will beat herself up anyway. The point of a punishment is so that they can feel like they can stop beating themselves up.

Having said all of this I have brought up 7 children so I guess brat taming is learnt. As it uses the same basic skills of defined structure, complete chaos and the ability to regain control with tone of voice in a second or two. Maybe that was my training?:$

Posted
13 hours ago, Loubie said:

I'm still relatively new to this but I like to be bratty with humour and verge on becoming sassy to gage the reaction, I'm looking for my Sir to impose his dominance and instil a healthy ***, I am a masochist so if I can manipulate punishment all the better, usually he's one step ahead though! I do reign it in but at the same time I'm looking for that moment when I've gone too far and I am reminded who is the dominant! 🤭

Brats don’t have to manipulate a response and the bratting should stop before manipulation takes place.

Posted
1 hour ago, Thebian said:

Okay, Vanilla Brats do not care about respect. They may want the fun but they probably do not have to deal with the repercussions so it tends to morph into manipulation. 

Very thorough response and extremely helpful. This section especially is interesting and I’m going to have to ponder it a bit more. 

Thank you @Thebian  and @Leisa for indulging me and answering my questions! I learn best when I’m able to have a conversation with others about a topic as it’s able to get me to think and ask questions of those with different perspectives and experiences. Plus reading/research doesn’t necessarily go into some of the nuances these roles and kinks can have. I really appreciate it! 

Posted
1 hour ago, Thebian said:

It goes without saying that the worst punishment you can give is that disappointed look, so do not use it except as a very last resort. Your brat will beat herself up anyway. The point of a punishment is so that they can feel like they can stop beating themselves up.

If I feel guilty about something, it would be best to punish me for it.  

Posted
15 hours ago, TammyNatalia said:

I hope you went referring to me? I had to go do something irl. I didn’t quit and run away. Lol🤪

Posted
2 minutes ago, SirGreen said:

I hope you went referring to me? I had to go do something irl. I didn’t quit and run away. Lol🤪

He he he.  I might have been.  Lol🙃

Posted

There woz a young Robot called Fred,

Who's circuits had popped and went dead,

So he plugged in the Mains

And It frazzled his brains

And his warning lights all went to red.  

Hahaha😆😅🤪🤓

Posted
52 minutes ago, TammyNatalia said:

If I feel guilty about something, it would be best to punish me for it.  

I think you misunderstood. The look of disappointment is the ultimate punishment. It’s not a bad thing to have a sense of guilt for doing something you know is deliberately wrong. Guilt goes a long way toward curbing said behavior in the future. As Thebian/Admiral said I’m a very accomplished brat. I’ve turned it into almost an art form. The worst thing I could do is to disrespect my Dominant to the point where he’d have to give me a look of disappointment. If it got that far I’d definitely be beating myself up and feel guilty for disrespecting him to the point that he would feel the need to give me a look of reproach. That look doesn’t occur until there are no more funishment, punishments, and a conversation has occurred yet I have disrespected him enough that he has to give me The Look of disappointment. In fact I’d be remiss I’m disrespecting another Dominant if they weren’t disrespecting me. If present my dominant is the first one to call them out on and if he’s not present I can certainly put another in the right prospective without disrespecting them or their position. Guilt and punishment occur long before a look of disappointment. They are after all a last resort and can crush the spirit of the brat.

Posted
On 7/11/2020 at 4:34 AM, Thebian said:

personally I do not actually believe that there is such a thing as 'Topping from the Bottom

This, all of the time. I've been accused of 'topping from the bottom' a few times, though to me it's nothing except me being a strong submissive with a secure personality and sense of self. It's not a threat of dominance or a desire to dominate the other, just me expressing my own viewpoint or being a cheeky little fucker.

Posted

Yes, I feel the same.  I don't have a desire to dominate, but I do possess a terrible sense of humour, and I don't want to let go of my sense of self.  I would always like to please my Dominant, while at the same time keeping a sense of identity.  I probably wouldn't make a very good 'slave' though, as I have had to go it alone in this world for too long.  I have been independent largely as of necessity.  But any Dominant might have to get used to my bratty sense of humour and I would hope they had a sense of humour as well.  

Posted

Exactly that. I literally had that exact conversation with a Dom yesterday, were you inside my head?! And with regards to the independence, it strikes a chord. It all comes down to communication and finding the right match for you. 

Posted

To add to what I have just said.  My brattiness is not because I want to hurt my Dominant or cause distress, but much more because I want to amuse them and make them laugh.  As well as a desire on my part to be punished, I get as much pleasure out of making my Dominant smile.  So they would need to possess a sense of humour and not take life too seriously, I think.  Lol🤓🥳

And they would have to like 'poetry' as well.🙉

Posted
6 hours ago, TammyNatalia said:

To add to what I have just said.  My brattiness is not because I want to hurt my Dominant or cause distress, but much more because I want to amuse them and make them laugh.  As well as a desire on my part to be punished, I get as much pleasure out of making my Dominant smile.  So they would need to possess a sense of humour and not take life too seriously, I think.  Lol🤓🥳

And they would have to like 'poetry' as well.🙉

Bratting takes a level of creativity and imagination. Finding fun and new ways to make your Dom face palm and giggle. nothing that has been done over and over like presenting a glass of wine in a babies tippy cup. But things like putting a frying pan in that bed or post-it note in random places with the words" don't forget this post-it note".