Face pics

Posted

What are people's views on keeping their face pics private? I prefer to keep mine to myself until someone asks, because I have quite a "visible" job. But I worry that people might be reluctant to engage with me if I don't have a face pic as my main profile image.

Posted

Lots of us don’t have it public for multiple reasons. My job is the main one.

Posted

I think as long as your clear about it, then that’s what matters..

Posted

It’s standard - most people don’t show their face. And that’s fine.

Posted

That's reassuring, thank you.

Scarlettmiss25
Posted

Interestingly I posted about this the other week and it seemed to have come off slightly rude which I didn't mean! Mine was focused on those who have absolutely no pictures of themselves at all. Your profile is actually perfect with or without your face as it shows yourself and gives a real idea of who you are as a person! That's what a profile should do in my opinion! 😊😉

Posted

I have my face pics on private and has been no issues when chatting to people.

Posted

May I make a suggestion... why don't you consider a ballroom style mask, one that still accentuates your eyes, or some form of artistic make-up ... maori, or heathen warrior war ***t , or bring a bit of fantasy imagination to your profile and pictures by dressing up in costume i.e. steampunk, military, etc these idea's usually draw attention, and present a fun imaginative fantasy person that suiters may wish to engage with and strike up a conversation. There are plenty ways to disguise your face subtly and present a fantasy. You could create several 'persona' images, and rotate through them on a weekly basis. Cast your net wide, and you'll be rewarded for you effort.
just a friendly kind hearted suggestion.

Posted

A mask is a good idea thank you. I'm personally not particularly interested in creating a fantasy persona/s for myself to attract people. I'm just happy to be me! But I very much appreciate the suggestion.

Nylon-Nellie
Posted

I don't put mine up because of where I work. But it is alus nice to put a face to words.

Posted

I don't really understand why jobs wouldn't let you have face pictures on a site like this. Unless maybe secret service. My view is that if someone recognises me from here then they must also be in the lifestyle and shouldn't judge me for also being a part of it.

On the flip side if I recognise someone from here or fetlife I'm not going to treat them any differently

Nylon-Nellie
Posted

@AlodiaRose Whilst I agree with what you have put, some people don't mind showing their faces as their main profile photo or as part of their photos, which anyone can see.

This is my lifestyle that I choose to keep seperate from work. Work is work and my private life stays private.

I'm the same, if I did ever come across someone that I recognise, I wouldn't make a song and dance about nor would I treat them any differently. 

Posted

It's not always about work though, I may not want to be identified by someone who may know me and pass that they saw me on here to family. Yes they are also on here, but it doesn't always work like that in real life unfortunately 

Posted

We dont need to explain why we choose not to show our faces, if i message someone i usually send a face pic with my first message

Posted

@Nylon-NellieI don't have any problem with people deciding not to show their face. Its obviously their choice. I guess I lack experience of jobs that would stop you showing your face on an app like this.

Posted

Hmmm...so someone, a fellow coworker sees you on here...if it’s that type of situation don’t you have something against them too? I mean wth they here for?

Posted

Well, you can see a bit of my face in my most recent pic 😂👙

Posted

The reason I keep mine private is I'm an emt and just feel like it wouldn't be professional if a patient saw me on here

Posted

I get the whole "if they see you on here, then they're in the same situation" argument but, even so, I'd prefer to keep my private life apart from work - and I wouldn't particularly want to know about a colleague's fetishes either. I also do a lot of public speaking, and I suspect it might undermine my credibility - or at least distract form it - if someone in the audience recognised me from a fetish app 😳 That's a personal perspective of course. No doubt some people are more comfortable with being "out" about their kinks, and all power to them.

Posted

As a personal view

Including a face pic, or not, is entirely down to personal circumstances or comfort.  I don't think you need to justify.  "I don't want a face pic on my profile" is as good a reason as any.

But also.

There are things to realise with that.

So scrolling up on this thread alone, there are people without face pics that still have pics, or filled out profiles - and I think that's good.  Often folk notice a picture before they notice a name or words - so having *a* picture is often a good starting point.  Obviously this site doesn't allow memes or caricatures or anything like that (which I think is somewhat of a good thing) 

I won't say having a picture is a certainty of results, but, sometimes not having one can be a disadvantage. 

I also think that while you don't need to explain not having one; it's important not to be defensive if someone raises you don't have one.   Particularly as... you evidently feel comfortable enough to be on such a site, to message strangers and prospectively meet.   

But, like anything. Let things flow at your own pace and own level of comfort.  But don't get disheartened if someone questions a lack of pictures. 

Posted

Personal preference I'm glad for those that can openly have a full face pic, but many of us just can't risk it, job, family etc

As long as the profile is filled in and maybe other profile picture is fine by me, like mine i always blur the face out.

The other reason i don't i have been on sites in the past that were hacked or screenshots taken and passed on or even pictures used for malicious content and false profiles, It's happened to me before both on Kink and Vanilla sites.

For me it's not a visual thing but what people type and put in to communication.  Iv'e seen newbies ***d called "purps" for not having a profile pic etc...let people find their feet and comfort level is my take on it, and if they communicate and fill in a profile, nowts the matter.  I do find constant changes and fet scene shoot picture more an ego boost for people, than a true character of an indivisual.

Posted
On 3/20/2021 at 12:36 AM, AlodiaRose said:

I don't really understand why jobs wouldn't let you have face pictures on a site like this. Unless maybe secret service. My view is that if someone recognises me from here then they must also be in the lifestyle and shouldn't judge me for also being a part of it.

On the flip side if I recognise someone from here or fetlife I'm not going to treat them any differently

yes I agree iv said this a few times . of your going to out me for being on here you will out yourself for at least looking on here. 

I 1a was in a shop store to our usa freinds and was food shopping of all things when I spotted a fellow site member in the same shop. we both  looked at each other smiled an carried on shopping as though we were just to people shopping.  then we spoke about it on here to confirm we had indeed saw each other and we had not fount people who look like each of us.

I do understand though that people are to scared to show themselves.  

my kink life an my vanilla life are for most parts seprate.  some of my vanilla freinds know I'm a kinkster but I wouldn't tell just any one. but then alot of my vanilla freinds wouldn't believe I was a kinkster . maybe because I dont fit the stereo type that people think a kinkster is.

some think we were leather 24 7 and get whipped and flogged all the time.  witch is far from the truth 

Posted

I looked at your profile, it’s not bad at all and you have enough on your picture for others to get a idea of who you are, without a full face picture. If someone is truly interested in you, then they will understand that you are just being cautious. I don’t think it will be a problem. Good luck

Posted
5 hours ago, Sara-Secrets said:

I looked at your profile, it’s not bad at all and you have enough on your picture for others to get a idea of who you are, without a full face picture. If someone is truly interested in you, then they will understand that you are just being cautious. I don’t think it will be a problem. Good luck

Well that's interesting, the photo I had posted, with my eyes obscured by a grey rectangle, but "giving an idea of my appearance" has just been deleted because apparently it breaks the rules. Go figure.