Pride

Ch****

Posted

You can get gay mean wearing g strings or mannekeneas can not spell at pride but not a kinkster in leather.

I don't just mean kinksters in general but gay kinksters.

I'm a bi kinkster an proud.

At pride we expect gay an lesbiane and trans people in all shapes an forms.

But as kinksters don't we say we should get consent to do kink in front of people. Thats why we don't just do kink any were.

Also yes santander want to make it more main stream I think. But pride should not be main stream. That means conforming an no 1 should be made to conform 

Miss_Sarina
Posted
On 6/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Curvykate said:

I don't think that anyone who isn't part of that community should influence or control decisions about Pride.

I read the Post wrong,

I was thinking of us community  in a vanilla sence not as us in all the BDSM gear with workshops etc... on that I agree with you, it is diluting what the pride message should be focus and it  is about the LGBTQ+ Community not about the BDSM  community.

However me as a person I think I have the right to also have a voice if I so choose, and it should not be only LGBTQ+ community deciding all about pride, or it is counterproductive to the desire of the community to be accepted by everyone.

If the BDSM community wants a parade, then let someone organize it in another place another time...

Having said that and since lots of the  leather BDSM gear came from  the gay leather community. it gets muddier.

Posted
2 hours ago, Miss_Sarina said:

Having said that and since lots of the  leather BDSM gear came from  the gay leather community. it gets muddier.

This is the problem.

There isn't a bunch of cishet people saying they want to, or should be able to, go to pride because they're kinky.  (and, to be honest - there's no reason why someone cishet cannot go to Pride anyway - particularly if they don't make it about them and use their coin to support the event or LGBTQ+ businesses).

What there are - are people who want to police who is already there that they don't feel should be.   Which is the leather Daddys.  It's the pups. It's the furries.  

This isn't about whether to be more inclusive. It's about being less. And it's about removing those who aren't seen as "family friendly" which is a censorship of the event.  This is why this is an important argument not to get into.

Because you know what happens when they get rid of the leather daddys, the pups, the furries ?  They come for the cross dressers, the drag queens, the transfolk. (there's already some circles trying to remove transfolk from pride) It's an attempt to fragment the community and the movement.

Posted
7 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

This is the problem.

There isn't a bunch of cishet people saying they want to, or should be able to, go to pride because they're kinky.  (and, to be honest - there's no reason why someone cishet cannot go to Pride anyway - particularly if they don't make it about them and use their coin to support the event or LGBTQ+ businesses).

What there are - are people who want to police who is already there that they don't feel should be.   Which is the leather Daddys.  It's the pups. It's the furries.  

This isn't about whether to be more inclusive. It's about being less. And it's about removing those who aren't seen as "family friendly" which is a censorship of the event.  This is why this is an important argument not to get into.

Because you know what happens when they get rid of the leather daddys, the pups, the furries ?  They come for the cross dressers, the drag queens, the transfolk. (there's already some circles trying to remove transfolk from pride) It's an attempt to fragment the community and the movement.

Are you saying we shouldn't discuss this or that getting into any kind of a censorship is a slippery slope?

Posted
11 minutes ago, Curvykate said:

Are you saying we shouldn't discuss this or that getting into any kind of a censorship is a slippery slope?

that there is a real slippery slope

That, the "no kink at pride" discourse is one that's an attempt to remove a lot of folk like the Leather Daddys etc

There are groups who try to oust Transfolk 

There's arguments a lot of these will hide behind - and - often what's worse, a lot of people trying to stir the pot and create divides are often cis het white guys who know LGBTQ+ folk are stronger together - and want to erode rights, or stop more progress made

Posted

imo, kink should definitely be excluded from pride. if you wanted a kinky pride, find one and enjoy. however pride is generally for everyone, so involving kink makes it an adult only event. so yes, kink should stay out of pride for the safety of minors who attend.