Courses for New Doms

Posted
There are shibari workshops in nearly all major cities these days. As for a Dom course you may be better off finding a pro Dom/me who offers sessions. Other than that there's plenty of self learning you can do if you're willing to do the reading and reaserch yourself.
Posted
Oh and if you reply want to take the plunge... go sub to another Domme. Nothing teaches like being in the receiving end.
Posted

in terms of rope - I'd recommend looking for peer rope workshops

They're kind of a group way of learning but as such it keeps costs down and is a good way to make friends.   However, a downside to these is especially in the days of covid you're often expected to turn up with your own rope partner for the day.  

I was at the BBB in Birmingham on Sunday - and honestly, there were so many opportunities if someone was new.  There was an impact play demo (which was about the same as most impact play demos - but simple and to the point and with information people should know) there were also meet and greets upstairs with Rascal Rope (who is a rope expert - he does smaller workshops/bookings to learn aimed at one-on-one or small groups but of course, this means the price is a little higher) and also Mistress Diana Von Rigg who, well, there's lots to pick her brains on.

So events like that carry a lot of opportunity.  

Posted
10 minutes ago, nick_massar said:

Eyemblacksheep, that sounds like what I’m looking for, I have applied to join a couple of clubs to attend when I get the chance in the meantime.

if it helps, they're the third Sunday of the month - I have no idea what's on at the next one (which would be Oct 17 I believe) and probably wouldn't be able to attend - but that kinda idea on what goes on could be a way to find opportunity. 

Posted
3 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

in terms of rope - I'd recommend looking for peer rope workshops

They're kind of a group way of learning but as such it keeps costs down and is a good way to make friends.   However, a downside to these is especially in the days of covid you're often expected to turn up with your own rope partner for the day.  

I was at the BBB in Birmingham on Sunday - and honestly, there were so many opportunities if someone was new.  There was an impact play demo (which was about the same as most impact play demos - but simple and to the point and with information people should know) there were also meet and greets upstairs with Rascal Rope (who is a rope expert - he does smaller workshops/bookings to learn aimed at one-on-one or small groups but of course, this means the price is a little higher) and also Mistress Diana Von Rigg who, well, there's lots to pick her brains on.

So events like that carry a lot of opportunity.  

I know a rope rascal who is in the west mids, i didnt knoe he was teaching now, but if its the same person hes a very good and id recommend him as a teacher.

Posted
Nottingham has a fairly.big rope community, i think thats where christian red is based who runs.classes,

id suggest joinging fetlife to find out when his next sessions are. Not all peer rope groups advertise events on other sites, and may have rules to keep people safe.

Another rope person of note is Esinem, who does a lot of training videos but you.have to pay for them.

In london you have Anatomie studio who do courses, but with hotels and travel will be expensive.
Posted
Can I mention Mark Varley? He has rope tutorials on his site and is very helpful on Fetlife. Based in Cambridge.
Posted
Rope bondage is not just about tying its also about knowing where nerves are, so i suggest reading the Rope bottoming guide by clover, its a free pdf download just google.it.

Really there are just 4 basic knots you need to know these are : a single column, double column, x friction and l friction. Everything else is just a series of these, until you.get to doing suspensions, then its about harnesses (using the affore mentioned knots) and uplines.