Am I being scammed? A quick start guide

ey****

Posted

With users sometimes engaging in conversations, on here or otherwise, sometimes something can be raised that seems a little off, or too good to be true - and it's good to check that this is normal and that you are not being scammed.

So, firstly...

Did the other user contact you first?   

Not a scam in itself.  

However, if you're being attempted to be lured off site pretty quick there's something up.  *** being asked for directly (pay me to continue this conversation - although, there is every chance this conversation will continue if you keep paying) or indirectly (pay to join a BDSM council, or to book this dungeon that doesn't exist, or buy this questionable training collar)

Now some of these are based on things that are legitimate. Like for example a local club may have a membership fee (but most is usually £5-£10 for a year. Not, £200) and some where you're directed to buy toys might feel "ah, at least I get toys" but they're often just a false site - you pay over the odds for goods that don't exist.  If someone does tell you to buy toys, ask if you can shop around at other sites.  

One of the big red flags is things seeming to good to be true.  Scammers like to move fast (time *is* ***) and so will tend to be offering you what you want - a more common one targeting guys is of course a Mistress offering training; but some will pose as subs (the "you just book the dungeon and I'm yours all night long") and will move quickly not really talking consent or boundaries and fittingly anything you want to try - they're into!

Now : there is an outside chance within all this that the person who contacted you isn't actually running any form of scam and is either a Pro or Fin Domme touting for business - but - spoiler, the good Pros and Fins wait for you to come to them.  

The only kinda tiny exception might be "hey, I saw you talk about wanting to do x, I'm in your area and I offer it, or am running a party or whatever - these are my rates" and you can then see if you're interested or not, but even that is rare.

However.... what if YOU contacted THEM first?

Now, firstly - is there anything anywhere on their profile which implies they might be a pro, or expect gifts or tribute - or anything like that : I mean, you read the profile, right? Cos, there is another site where people keep complaining about "scams" but the person has it clearly on their profile they require tribute to chat.  You're not being scammed you just didn't read their profile.

Equally, if you get a quick response saying that this is required, you can know pretty quickly if this is what you were looking for or not.

But, similarly - of course it's good to get a positive response, 

but if you're being pushed to go off site - or - again, things are seeming too good to be true, then, suddenly some weird suggestion - then, yeah, you've probably messaged a scammers profile who is happy to go along with it. 

Posted
Excellent post eyemblacksheep.
I have not only not only been scammed but the same person/gang attempted to Blackmail Me a couple of weeks later..It caught me by complete surprise and shook me to the core...one of my YouTube vids
had recieved a comment saying
Hi Chris its Mistress Jane you still owe me £400..
Next a google hangout msg
Look Chris,this is you..!!!
Naked male photos in all sorts of comprimising positions..
You have 1 hour to get my £400
or these photos are going to your family/newspapers/social media..etc
My internet was lockdown within minutes,I nearly threw up...
Phoned the Cyber Crime Unit..
Her first question was
- Now stay calm Chris these are routine questions we have to ask..
At any point when you and this person were messaging was there ever any mention of any weapons...?
-second question
Chris,as you were messaging on daily basis,did it ever seem at times,you were messaging
a completely different person from the time before..?
I ask this because their are criminal gangs operating behind these profiles....(omg)
3 hours later I be called my mum and *** round to my house..I explained that I have been incredibly stupid and foolish.you need too listen to my conversation with the police.Police arrived and halfway through their interview,they asked me this,so after they took your £400 and didn't come through on the meeting,you swallowed their lame excuse and carried messaging,believing you were still going too meet ..The other policeman looked me straight in the eye and didn't have too say anything..
I know ..I am so sorry and I feel so ashamed..They cut me a little slack and said you are human,these people do this everyday,it's how they make their living..I was just relieved I had people on my side,especially if it was a gang...
Worst of all I thought about my mum and ***.Now dad gassed on I was supposed to be looking out for them.instead my selfish stupidity had put them in danger..This happened 8 years ago..It's in the comments on one of my songs Chris Britt Time Travellers
Posted
It happens and it’s disgusting. Word of advice should be is to never include a face on a body shot. I have been guilty and it’s bitten me in the arse.
Posted
6 hours ago, Leisa said:
It happens and it’s disgusting. Word of advice should be is to never include a face on a body shot. I have been guilty and it’s bitten me in the arse.

I am so glad you have commented as. well Leisa..
When I was sent photos, they're were not of me..I thought whoah...!!
Look how big my cock is now, awesome..😆
I was so scared..