But...Fet Is A Sex Site!

Posted
17 hours ago, Gidorra said:

I do not have a Science article to back this up, but came across a poll of sorts, that claimed that walking up to a lady in a bar and ask her straight up for sex works like 1 in 10 times. That is not bad for making no effort at all, and this here seems like the online version of it, isn't it? You don't have to be as bold as in RL either, and there is no risk of getting a beer in your face  

That is unscientific, insupportable, unmitigated MRA nonsense, and the sort of misinformation that makes women not want to go out to bars at all. Please don’t perpetuate it. Men who think like that ruin every place and platform they inhabit - both for the women, and for the men who know better.

Posted
18 hours ago, Gidorra said:

I do not have a Science article to back this up, but came across a poll of sorts, that claimed that walking up to a lady in a bar and ask her straight up for sex works like 1 in 10 times. That is not bad for making no effort at all, and this here seems like the online version of it, isn't it? You don't have to be as bold as in RL either, and there is no risk of getting a beer in your face  

Nope, it's a 90% fail rate 🤦‍♀️
If anyone comes up to me in real life or via DM and straight out asks me for sex, you better believe they'll be getting a mouthful and not in a good way.
This is not a hook up site in any sense of the phrase. Use it that way at your peril.

Posted

I always remember this article about catcalling a few years ago where they found this guy who did it to ask for his perspective, why he did it, etc

And he kinda detracted a bit and focused on the positive responses he'd got from it - which had ended in him kissing some apparently.  

So, he would do this - at safe distance - several times per day, with little concern for any who he upset, or who find this distressing - or what it actually is, harassment, and hyperfocus on the small few who did give some form of positive response.

And like the folk who mass message etc - it's done from a safe distance.  Someone really has to go out their way of they want to turn around and punch him, or throw a drink over him, etc.

Of course, he would say those who respond negatively are the ones in the wrong.

Similarly, there's a guy who I have crosswords with on another site who basically stands on the street in New York during warmer weather, and compliments women in open shoes on their feet - quickly following up with a business card asking if they'd be interested in being a foot model - again, he admits he gets a lot of angry folk but he hides behind it's a business and that they're wrong to be angry they're not interested - I mean, they should be flattered he thought they were good enough to model for him; others are! Such was his thinking.

And it's a very destructive way - it's very that you don't really care about how this impacts 90%+ of people because you might get lucky in the gaps