Posted
@Copperknob
Manbot!!? 😱
That explains everything... 🤯
I wondered why I kept failing the "I'm not a robot", checks online? 🤖
(Brilliant post!). 😂💜💀👌
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I'm a bit repetitive as keep saying this on forum threads, I really don't believe dating sites work for the 99% majority of us.

I'd be delighted to eat humble pie and update on this post in 6 months time or 1 years time I have had a change of heart and I was wrong.

I have been sort of trying to treat this like I would any other dating site. Just have conversation really, and am better in person so would meet someone for a coffee if interested. I don't think it's that kind of site from what I have experienced.

Do others now consider themselves undateable I wonder? I am seeing myself as undateable.

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
18 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

I'm a bit repetitive as keep saying this on forum threads, I really don't believe dating sites work for the 99% majority of us.

I'd be delighted to eat humble pie and update on this post in 6 months time or 1 years time I have had a change of heart and I was wrong.

I have been sort of trying to treat this like I would any other dating site. Just have conversation really, and am better in person so would meet someone for a coffee if interested. I don't think it's that kind of site from what I have experienced.

Do others now consider themselves undateable I wonder? I am seeing myself as undateable.

Nope not in the slightest bit undateable here - but then I don't focus on meeting people as my aim from using the site, if I do as a result of my interactions then great, but if not it's no big deal either.
I think the problem with a lot of guys (and it is mostly guys) on here is they have too high an expectation of being able to meet and then get frustrated when it doesn't happen. A lot also seem to forget the very basics of attraction, consideration, respect etc just because it's a "sex site".
There is no secret formula, or magic approach, no-one pretends it's easy for any category of user, but perhaps if people took their focus of "get a meet, gotta get a meet" they may find the experience better.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

I don't think that many people here are looking for an actual LTR and I believe visceral attraction is even more important here than a normal site.

I'm by no means an expert at online dating and I think it's uniquely difficult for men but I have matched, interacted with and gone on dates with women I have met online. 

Most were at least somewhat interested in the idea of a LTR, my career, etc. I haven't interacted with any woman here who seems to appreciate it or is looking for a possible husband.

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

@Mathbro funny you mention career. I have a relatively successful career but haven't wanted to push that (yet). How long have you been using this site.

You are contributing an interesting and insightful personal experience. I've not been o here long enough to have my own comprehensive lay of the land. But ky POF and Tinder experience was most ladies were not looking for a LTR, which I always was. As I have not seen any evidence to date that this site may be any different.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

@Mathbro funny you mention career. I have a relatively successful career but haven't wanted to push that (yet). How long have you been using this site.

You are contributing an interesting and insightful personal experience. I've not been o here long enough to have my own comprehensive lay of the land. But ky POF and Tinder experience was most ladies were not looking for a LTR, which I always was. As I have not seen any evidence to date that this site may be any different.

Bumble, Hinge, CmB, OkC were all better for me but I did meet a couple women from Tinder.

I also found myself generally far more right of the isle than most of them which causes other problems but at this point I don't talk politics. If a girl likes me enough she will learn to live with my views, if she doesn't it was never going to work anyway so no point bringing it up.

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
Super funny!! ❤❤❤❤❤ All the hearttses!!
Posted
On 6/16/2022 at 4:19 PM, CopperKnob said:

Amazingly enough, when I joined Fet, my profile didn’t come with a set of friends and no one cared for my faceless avatar or hillariously apt name BigBoobedBabe4Blowies. In fact, nobody cared that I even existed at all. Fet just carried on doing what it had always done, even though...

I had arrived!

In those days, there were only seventy twelve gazillion members, so you’d think more people might some people might at least have hailed my arrival, but alas, it was not so. I sent out 500 "HI, YOU LOOK LIKE A GOOD BOY, COME FOR MUMMY" messages, uploaded a hot avatar of my genitals, and clicked “friend” on every potential booty call I tracked down.

Even then, I only managed to collect a handful of potential boyfriends, and I really needed to cane some 🍑. Obviously I realised that the men who rejected me were not real people at all. Only bots would reject my offer, so I made the only rational conclusion available to me: All the male profiles on this site were fakes to entice or scam single women like me. Yes, I have unveiled a secret truth: Fet is a sexual desert. None of its so-called male subs even have the decency to tell me how they were today when I said, "HRU HMU 😘" Or the day before. Or the day before that...

The dating world's odds are unjustly stacked against us women. Men can pick up women from every street corner, but women, we have to actually put work into this pursuit. Even when we're nice. This is the sad truth for all female-presenting people, but do you think men make it easier for us by giving us free sex? Not a 🦆

To save myself endless minutes of hard work, I started copying and pasting my "You're hot, yum yum" messages to multiple people at a time, only to discover that I was clearly going to die alone, never having gotten another piece of subly ass.

One day, a man suggested that, when women joined Fet, they also need to get out and about, meet the locals, and go to munches. The nerve! I reminded him, very strongly that every time a woman is rejected on Fet, a fairy dies, but he refused to listen. He said that my many rejections were just life on life's terms for all genders.

Obviously I told him he was wrong.

My many rejections make me a victim. I, alone, have a monopoly on social awkwardness and the struggles of penetrating cliques. Men should put extra effort into developing a sexual attraction to strangers like me because who else is going to do the work? Me?

What is criteria for a real man?

Posted
13 minutes ago, OhBuddha said:

What is criteria for a real man?

If you pay attention to the post you'll see it's sarcasm. If you read through the comments I even wrote one saying as much in caps so that it was clear
When you read something and you don't like it/agree, you can just scroll past 👍🏻

Posted

Haha this has made me smirk a few times.....   I even managed to read the whole original post and some of the messages!!!

And after some deep consideration.. I come away feeling pretty sorry for them fairies!

Posted

I think sometimes conversation titles on forum posts are easily misinterpreted. Sometimes I decide if even look at a discussion based on the header title alone. I really shouldn't TBH as not everything is what says on the tin, and I'm judging a book on its cover perhaps.

There was a post I read the other day titled 'the 12 types of men" of similar. It does not mean its men bashing. And if it is and as post "the 12 types of women" is also allowed then there is parity so that is ok. I'm pretty tolerating and appreciative of wit/humour/banter in conversation, makes for a better read or chat.

Posted

in the "12 men..." post it was literally 12 people who had been messaging the poster - and how different they were, yet still all awful 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

I think sometimes conversation titles on forum posts are easily misinterpreted. Sometimes I decide if even look at a discussion based on the header title alone. I really shouldn't TBH as not everything is what says on the tin, and I'm judging a book on its cover perhaps.

There was a post I read the other day titled 'the 12 types of men" of similar. It does not mean its men bashing. And if it is and as post "the 12 types of women" is also allowed then there is parity so that is ok. I'm pretty tolerating and appreciative of wit/humour/banter in conversation, makes for a better read or chat.

That is true, unfortunately a certain way something is written can cause triggers. Honestly, that is good use of creative writing. It is a hook to engage the reader. 

Trouble is, people can be guarded and defensive, and that can be for a multitude of different reasons.

"Nowt stranger than folk"

Posted
33 minutes ago, callipygian said:

Haha this has made me smirk a few times.....   I even managed to read the whole original post and some of the messages!!!

And after some deep consideration.. I come away feeling pretty sorry for them fairies!

Those poor fairies are pretty close to extinction 😭

Posted

I have had experiences at work where people have read an email and detected a tone that was not there, or at least not intended. Words can be dangerous when assumed or there is misunderstanding. Two people can look at the exact same email or forum post or whatever it may be and read it entirely differently to each other.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

The thing is, every single member has the ability to write/post what they want. Personally I tend to write satire because it's what I enjoy writing. I don't focus on one gender/BDSM role, everyone/thing is fair game. I accept not everyone will have the ability to comprehend the different nuances. That's life. What I do struggle with though is individuals making repeat, passive aggressive comments as if there's an agenda but, as soon as you question them they shut down/disengage.

Posted

lack of tone online is a real thing and an issue at times; but I do think this is obvious what the intent was even if someone wasn't familiar with CK's other posts and style of humour.  

Posted
3 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

I have had experiences at work where people have read an email and detected a tone that was not there, or at least not intended. Words can be dangerous when assumed or there is misunderstanding. Two people can look at the exact same email or forum post or whatever it may be and read it entirely differently to each other.

The difference being, you may not have the ability to ignore a work email. We all have the ability not to comment on a forum post.

Posted

Yes all fair points. I'm not actually taking any sides and have been talking in a general sense with previous 2 comments. However the irony being even that previous comment may have easily been unclear or confusing if (a)  poorly communicated on my part, or (b) just differently interpreted to what was intended.

For me forums are a multifaceted platform. There is sometimes a discussion element, sometimes a Q+A element. Other times it's a full on debate, and everyone has different levels of debating skills and that is usually when fallout or dispute arises.

I like the debating bit, always felt I'm reasonable at it too, but I accept I will meet my match sometimes, and have to concede a point or stand corrected. Is also okay for one to change their mind or POV on something too, probably doesn't happen enough as us humans can be stubborn and steadfast by nature.

If I'm rambling now someone please tell me and reign me in.

Posted
How they message you, is how they will love you...
Platonically or otherwise...
The comparison of effort is quite revealing, actually... 🤔
That's what I've noticed... 👀
(I dislike the way we're all ***d into selling ourselves with a cold-call instead of attempting to communicate, it loses all meaning?). 💔
The psychology of effort speaks volumes about your character, remember that. 💯
It takes effort to know whether the effort is warranted, (or not?), too, strangely...? 🙄
Just my observations... 😕
Posted

At the birth of the internet it was always just A/S/L ? And then off you were in a conversation. Simpler online times really. I preferred the old days where our little rectangles never ruled our lives, and romantic connections were some offline as the norm and standard.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

At the birth of the internet it was always just A/S/L ? And then off you were in a conversation. Simpler online times really. I preferred the old days where our little rectangles never ruled our lives, and romantic connections were some offline as the norm and standard.

I was there... Was at both the start of IC and the end of it... When FL became a thing... And Zephyr's infosite... And the Armoury in Philly... Good times... Better times than now... Today break's my heart... When all I have to compete with is a dp and even then, my conversation gets a bugger off... 💔

Posted
37 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

Simpler online times really. I preferred the old days where our little rectangles never ruled our lives, and romantic connections were some offline as the norm and standard.

To be honest, I'm extremely grateful for the little rectangle I have. I certainly wouldn't say it rules my life, but yes, it does play a big part. 

It has helped me discreetly and safely discover that the long relationship I was in was toxic. It helped when I was able to contact organisations I needed help from. It helped when I needed someone to talk to, not having anyone here I could do so with. It has helped me make friends, work on myself to become someone I'm proud of, and not forgetting of course, it has helped introduce me to dates I never would have found had I not have this little rectangle I'm using to type this.

I am super awkward at times, in person, and can be shy & nervous, depending on the situation. I've had some fabulous dates, both romantic and non, but had I not had this little device, I would never have experienced them.