Dipping my toes back in

Leisa

Posted
After months of being away to heal I have made the decision to slowly wade back in. I’m not certain I’m ready for a new dynamic, in fact I’m fairly positive I’m not, but I’ve missed my friends from the site. At first it was about healing and I think it’s slowly become about punishing myself for not being smarter and allowing someone in who refused to compromise at all. What’s scary? He’s local to me and we have a bunch of vanilla friends in common so I run into him frequently. It was only when he reached out on Father’s Day that instead of being hurt and scared I finally allowed myself to become angry at what he’d done. If there’s anyone new to the lifestyle I hope you can take this advice…if the potential refuses to acknowledge your concerns and have a conversation, RUN. If a potential refuses to give clear expectations and direction when requested…RUN. If a potential uses your limits as punishment…RUN. It’s abusive and it won’t work.
Posted
Welcome back Leisa...so good to see you and look forward to reading your wise words again 😊
Sorry you've been through what sounds a rough time, but glad you're finding your way again even if it is slowly - healing can be a slow process and there's no need to rush it until your are ready.
Posted
I'm echoing Gemini's comment. It takes time and ALL the emotions before things can feel good again. I'm glad you're back and with sensible advice for those who are new and a reminder for those that are not
Posted
Glad to hear you are coming back. You are showing others not to give up.💖