Do YOU....munch?

PebblePebble

Posted
Ah! I didn’t even know that site was a thing- I thought this was it. Thank you!
Posted
I appreciate your candor in this post! Most people in my experience, don’t even respond they’ll read it and leave it. Or you just get an immediate block! That’s nothing new same thing happens another places. What’s the point of even being a responsible, respectful, intelligent, honest adult anymore.
Posted
According to Aristotle: virtue 🔄 happiness,.
So there's that I suppose
Posted
We went to our first munch just a couple of weeks ago. Found it on Fetlife. We were made to feel very welcome and it was lovely to meet like minded people in a vanilla setting but the chat was certainly not always vanilla
Posted

I went to one recently. The people seemed pretty nice and welcoming. I would consider attending more of them, though it's too early to tell if it's really for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 1/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, MLM13 said:

I would but they never seem to have any in our area.

One thing I've done is when there's no munches in the area is start one.

I recommend looking for a restaurant where orders can be paid for first. Also look for days where the location is quiet. Many start in the late afternoon or evenings, but it's not always necessary.

The first was the burgermunch was by STella, who started it at Kirk's Burgers in Palo Alto. It was handy because the location made most of their *** on the lunch rush, so evenings were quiet.

Stella was pretty bold and started it as a dare to those who argued with her on the internet to meet her in person. She said something like, "I'm at Kirk's every Thursday afternoon, come say it to my face." It turned into a thing. When Kirk's closed, they moved it across the street to Antonio's Nut House, a restaurant with a bar. It became famous, with people coming from around the world to meet, and it inspired others to do the same.

There's a few munches that happen at food courts in shopping malls. Usually, these are in the middle of the week, around noon. It's quieter, there's more seating. Buffets and hoffbraus are handy because they offer large seating, paid first. 

My suggestion is to start casually with a place you're comfortable with. If no one shows up, you just simply had a nice lunch or dinner. Something handy now days are the gaming groups cross over, and bringing a game like Cards Against Humanity is funny icebreaker.

Sometimes they go big, like the munches at Sportsman's Lodge in Los Angeles were. Many come and go. So it's worth trying.

• 2 weeks later...
Not_That_Clever
Posted

I'm having a hell of a time finding a running group in NW Montana, everything seems to be defunct for years.

Posted
2 hours ago, Not_That_Clever said:

I'm having a hell of a time finding a running group in NW Montana, everything seems to be defunct for years.

maybe time to create something new?

Posted
I do not go to munches. I don't appreciate a setting where it's all based on food or booze. I have food issues and I don't drink, no reason there just don't care for it. So why waste my time going to things I don't enjoy. Watching other people eat and drink.
I'm tired of bars and clubs in general...
Give me something different, fun, interesting to do and I'm back on board with getting together.
Posted
3 hours ago, GreenGirl1 said:

I do not go to munches. I don't appreciate a setting where it's all based on food or booze. I have food issues and I don't drink, no reason there just don't care for it. So why waste my time going to things I don't enjoy. Watching other people eat and drink.
I'm tired of bars and clubs in general...
Give me something different, fun, interesting to do and I'm back on board with getting together.

some of our local munches are activities for example rope pole jhiking etc games nights stitch n bitch warhammer and various craft related

Posted
8 hours ago, PebblePebble said:

some of our local munches are activities for example rope pole jhiking etc games nights stitch n bitch warhammer and various craft related

Yeah I'm down with that. Just seems it's all drinking, clubs and food... And I'm like maybe I'm just getting old lol but I want more interesting things 🥰

Posted

I used to attend munches all over the UK and even started off a local one and helped a friend start two off up in Scotland.

Still remember the days popping on the drain for a day return to Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds munches.  These days it has to be something very specific for me to attend.

Over the years like many old hand we dip out of the social side of the scene as it starts to not be for us, internal dramas and real life situations come forst.

But i still always recommend new people to the scene attend one or two to gain some knowledge and contacts within the community, especially for the safety aspect of things.

Posted

I've attended one local (ish) munch, pre-pandemic,  (organised on FL) I went along with a friend and it was certainly an experience! At the time I was chatting online with a very experienced sub and was aware that a Domme he had been involved with previously would be attending too. I don't know if she was aware that I was communicating with him, but her reaction towards me was a little hostile. I had made a complimentary comment about her outfit and not really said much else to her, so I don't think I did anything to warrant the frostiness. I chatted with a couple of people who were looking a little shy and/or uncomfortable, mainly because they were attending alone and I could see they were struggling with initiating conversation... There was an established group of friends within the munch and a number of newbies. Afterwards I received a strange DM from the Dom (guy) who had organised the event, along the lines that he hoped that all the dominants could play nicely together. It didn't feel very welcoming, but I did actually enjoy seeing the attendees interacting with each other...and experiencing the energy that was in the room (very difficult to explain) I think that I would go to another munch in the future, but perhaps one a bit further away, so that there's not so many big fish in a little pond, so to speak. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Ursa said:

I've attended one local (ish) munch, pre-pandemic,  (organised on FL) I went along with a friend and it was certainly an experience! At the time I was chatting online with a very experienced sub and was aware that a Domme he had been involved with previously would be attending too. I don't know if she was aware that I was communicating with him, but her reaction towards me was a little hostile. I had made a complimentary comment about her outfit and not really said much else to her, so I don't think I did anything to warrant the frostiness. I chatted with a couple of people who were looking a little shy and/or uncomfortable, mainly because they were attending alone and I could see they were struggling with initiating conversation... There was an established group of friends within the munch and a number of newbies. Afterwards I received a strange DM from the Dom (guy) who had organised the event, along the lines that he hoped that all the dominants could play nicely together. It didn't feel very welcoming, but I did actually enjoy seeing the attendees interacting with each other...and experiencing the energy that was in the room (very difficult to explain) I think that I would go to another munch in the future, but perhaps one a bit further away, so that there's not so many big fish in a little pond, so to speak. 

That's the trouble sadly with a few but not all munches "cliques" and locals with history.  Personally i got fed up with the dramas and shun most of the social not play side of the scene for this reason.

No matter how well a munch is run you can't account for large facets of the social dynamics.  

I did find traveling to further afield munches with the intentions of meeting someone I had been communicating with be it friends or further a much happier time, as i wasn't stuck in the local social dynamic.

Posted
I have been involved in bdsm for decades (pre-internet) and always found them too much drama and wackiness. You must be part of some clique or subgroup (not necessarily subs mind you) to be welcomed. What is supposed to be fun is more like a bad fraternity full of drama queens and hard ass rule makers that don't have a clue. Most are not welcoming despite what they say on their web or social media pages.
Posted
6 hours ago, Vilhelm007 said:

We want to go to a munch!

Looks like there's several in New Hampshire. 

March 2, 2:30pm - Central NH Munch at Tandy's Pub in Concord.

March 8, 3pm - Rochester Munch at Revolution Taproom

March 10 - UVM munch in Lebanon

March 10 - Danse Macabre Social Meet & Greet in Bow.

These were from FL, so I can't give the links, but you've at least got an idea of what's in the area.

Posted
13 hours ago, funplease said:

What’s munching

It's a meetup of fellow kinksters in a safe vanilla public setting, as a gathering for those wanting to meet others in the scene and that local, talking having a few drinks even a bite to eat etc

It's normally a no play meet up in normal street attire in a friendly safe place like a pub.  Most cities will have one organised about once a month, days depending on the event organisers and regular attendees.

The emphasis on safe a no play, an excellent way for newbies to introduce themselves and get known to real life people.

Posted
1 hour ago, funplease said:

Damn I wanna go to one

go to one it's the best way to get people to know you over time and then this will open doors to play events and meeting people at play fet events.  It takes time but always build a nice trusted friendship base in heeh scene in invaluable. 

Posted

I used to attend them on a regular basis. However when covid hit, my regular one stopped for good, which is a shame. There are others in the area however the last few times I attended some, while I am told I do not look it, I am feeling my age. At least round where I am, its seems my generation are leaving the scene, or at least not attending events as much. The younger generation are taking over, which is good in one way but I am finding it difficult to relate and coverse with them at munches to the point i am not really enjoying them as much, i feel slightly out of place/uncomfortable as it were.