Gifts

da****

Posted
Is it just me or when you find someone that is beautiful and they have to set you you have to gift them to talk it’s a massive turn off ?
Posted
Ahh gifts are monetary then? I'm new here
Posted

it's kinda meant to be

the idea is that instead of then spamming someone with a random message you stop and think if you're *actually* interested in talking to them

and if your immediate reaction is turn off, then you saved both of your time

(that said, it isn't permitted to ask for gifts etc on *this* site, so users would need to be reported) 

Posted
Just now, eyemblacksheep said:

(that said, it isn't permitted to ask for gifts etc on *this* site, so users would need to be reported) 

unless we're talking about the in-site gifts - which don't cost *** they cost points.  Again, do you feel this person is interesting enough to spend your hard earned points messaging them?  If not, then you saved both of your time. 

Posted
It’s just the thought of them needing to have it set that way that makes me feel like that are arrogant and feel like they deserve in site gifts
Posted
It’s the coins though. If we reported everyone doing it there would only be a handful of subs and a load of doms
Posted
Why spend *** on speaking to a strange unless you are a complete loser
Posted
It defeats the purpose of making a connection, but anyway lmfao . I can understand the other filters , but gifts? Might as well give up your wallet. I do like that you can use your points to temporarily upgrade.....I just wish everyone that liked me that I couldn't see before actually matched the person on the profile
Posted
Probably a good thing if society doesn’t normalize prostitution. I’m all for freedom, if people want to engage in that type of arrangement, all good. But when every dating site is littered with broke ass people asking for *** in return for their time/affection that’s not good for society as whole. Get an actual skill in life ffs… that way you’ll have income after you’re 40.
Posted
A gift should be a pleasant surprise not an expectation. To expect a gift means it isn't a gift anymore but a transaction. We need to make manners cool again. If I were a guy I would think she is rude and perhaps feels entitled...but if you've not laid a foundation and established a relationship flow? Her doing that means you have dodged a bullet. Praise God and move along. So many better mannered fish in the sea. This is supposed to be fun not work.
Posted
I also agree its a turn off. If someone is asking for payment via gifts or other, than they should be using a different site and not a dating site. Having a personal preference and setting a filter is more understandable than “pay me gifts or *** to catch my attention”.
Posted
Most of the time, when i see a beautiful woman on these sites my first impression is either they will never respond, dont bother, or they are a fake account. More often than not on these dating or other community sites, the profiles of beautiful women are inactive or fake. Statistically speaking.
Posted
I have been accused of requiring a gift. I have filters, and if you try to message me outside of my filters, it suggests sending me a gift. I haven't asked for that, and I don't want a gift, it's a function on the site. So it may not be that the person has set that requirement.
Posted
I have never had anyone gift me at any stage, and never asked me to gift them. Think you’ve got a dodgy one there!
Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

unless we're talking about the in-site gifts - which don't cost *** they cost points.  Again, do you feel this person is interesting enough to spend your hard earned points messaging them?  If not, then you saved both of your time. 

You always have the best answers!

Posted
Does everyone understand that the “gifts” in question are virtual and only cost points? And you can earn the points by interacting with the site. No *** involved. Some of have filters so that we don’t get 1000 messages a day. We aren’t being arrogant, simply limiting spam.
Posted
54 minutes ago, Char__ said:
I have been accused of requiring a gift. I have filters, and if you try to message me outside of my filters, it suggests sending me a gift. I haven't asked for that, and I don't want a gift, it's a function on the site. So it may not be that the person has set that requirement.

Finally we have a correct answer. You’re only required to send a gift if you’ve been blocked from contacting a member because you’re outside the parameters set by the user in terms of distance or age. Sending a gift is essentially a work-around saying, I know I’m not in your preferred range but please consider my interest in you.
Personally I’m not wasting points to message someone who I know isn’t interested in me already but to each their own.

Posted
1 hour ago, Char__ said:

I don’t think they understand. It’s the app requesting “gifts” because of our limits like distance.

Posted
I don't believe that there is a setting where users have the ability to set a filter requesting a 'gift' before messaging. If it's there I've not found it in 2yrs.
The 'gifts' are pretty pathetic anyhow