The Mystery of the First Message

CopperKnob

Posted

AMEN!!!  Although women can be just as bad.

Posted
9 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

AMEN!!!  Although women can be just as bad.

Are you just saying that because you are one of the guys that send obscene messages and this post hit too close to home for you? As long as I’ve been on here I’ve never received an obscene message from a woman. Even if I did, I’m not going to be upset about it. Instead of just saying “women can be just as bad”, why not just read and understand what she is saying. No reason for a negative comment about how she feels.

Posted
1 minute ago, Taboofun21 said:

Are you just saying that because you are one of the guys that send obscene messages and this post hit too close to home for you? As long as I’ve been on here I’ve never received an obscene message from a woman. Even if I did, I’m not going to be upset about it. Instead of just saying “women can be just as bad”, why not just read and understand what she is saying. No reason for a negative comment about how she feels.

No 😂😂 you've got the wrong end of the stick. 4RCH isn't one of the offenders of sending obscene messages

Posted
good lord knows i’m not perfect still trying to figure it out but as long as you’re yourself it gets better eventually and you find your footing i still haven’t quite found mine but who knows how long that’ll take i’m still trying to figure myself out anyways but just take it a step at a time it gets better
Posted
Absolutely! It is something that some people seem to put no thought into whatsoever and conversely for some it is so terrifying they overthink it and cannot bring themselves to do it at all.
I think that some simple rules to observe are "Would you walk up to that person in public and say that to them?". If not you probably shouldn't be saying it.
Don't say anything unless you have something honest to say. It is unlikely that you will make a connection with someone unless you genuinely have something to say that is relevant to you and them.
And thirdly, it is awkeward but it is important to remember that if you feel awkeward and nervous it is normal!
Posted
There is vibing in text form as well, although more limited than a conversation. That means that no two messages are going to hit the same way, and even if it’s the same person work from day to day.

Your version of ‘authentic’ could be totally different than other women’s. The commonality, I would guess, between all women’s experience here is the volume and severity of initial contacts.

Some people might view this message as stuffy ‘mansplaining’ and delete me immediately, others might enjoy the commentary, and if you don’t know anymore about a person than what their rear end looks like, there is no way of knowing
NowIAmTheMaster
Posted
The number of women I've struck up conversations with on here who've had at least one horror story about dick pics or message content is... literally every single woman. It sincerely makes me wonder if the guys doing it are actually into BDSM, or have abusive personalities and think people into kink are easy and will let their shit slide.
Posted
100% this!!! Louder for the people in the back please 📣📣
Posted
And that's the mistake many make when using sites like this - they get blinded by the "Sex Site" banner hanging over the door and lose all sense of "normal" discourse and think it's all about sex (and I'm including kink under the broad umbrella of "sex" here) - rather than seeing that, yes it's a site dealing with adult pursuits such as sex, but that doesn't mean all the normal facets of interacting and getting to know each other go out the window - things like respect, consideration, build up and more.
In over 6 years of using sites like this I've met a healthy number of people and not all sexually, but the one constant has been that none of them have sprung from a conversation that starts with anything in the slightest bit sexual - they may have headed there once a connection and chemistry have been established but not before.
I've had conversations on here about everything from musicals to house renovations and built some lovely connections with people I both like and respect and it's actually rare conversations head in a sexual direction - not because I wouldn't be averse to doing so if it felt right, but because I don't see the need to take it there certainly not straight away.
Posted
13 minutes ago, Lucalus said:
There is vibing in text form as well, although more limited than a conversation. That means that no two messages are going to hit the same way, and even if it’s the same person work from day to day.

Your version of ‘authentic’ could be totally different than other women’s. The commonality, I would guess, between all women’s experience here is the volume and severity of initial contacts.

Some people might view this message as stuffy ‘mansplaining’ and delete me immediately, others might enjoy the commentary, and if you don’t know anymore about a person than what their rear end looks like, there is no way of knowing

Being authenthic in the sense of the OP = be yourself.
By commonality I mean, if you see something in someone's profile that's relevant to you, highlight it and discuss in the message you're sending.
If you know no more than what someone's backside looks like, why would you even send a message?

Posted
5 minutes ago, gemini_man said:
And that's the mistake many make when using sites like this - they get blinded by the "Sex Site" banner hanging over the door and lose all sense of "normal" discourse and think it's all about sex (and I'm including kink under the broad umbrella of "sex" here) - rather than seeing that, yes it's a site dealing with adult pursuits such as sex, but that doesn't mean all the normal facets of interacting and getting to know each other go out the window - things like respect, consideration, build up and more.
In over 6 years of using sites like this I've met a healthy number of people and not all sexually, but the one constant has been that none of them have sprung from a conversation that starts with anything in the slightest bit sexual - they may have headed there once a connection and chemistry have been established but not before.
I've had conversations on here about everything from musicals to house renovations and built some lovely connections with people I both like and respect and it's actually rare conversations head in a sexual direction - not because I wouldn't be averse to doing so if it felt right, but because I don't see the need to take it there certainly not straight away.

I'm tearing that ***y banner down!
Watched Chicago last night. Never gets old

Posted
22 minutes ago, Taboofun21 said:

No not at all. But before you make any further allegations, if you check my profile you will see that I’m one of the Fetish team. You might want to consider the site community standards before commenting further!

Posted
Ooh I watched a fab TikTok about this today (and yes I’m too old for TikTok but tough I still love it)
Posted
Also, I’m reading the popcorn for all those who come to whine or argue. I may even find the violins
Posted
1 minute ago, FatefulDestiny said:

and yes I’m too old for TikTok

You're younger than me...... I feel attacked! :joy: 
You're never too old for TikTok!

Quiltykitten
Posted
1 minute ago, 4RCH said:

You're younger than me...... I feel attacked!  
You're never too old for TikTok!

Own it Sir… I have had to bring you rather up to speed on a number of topics 😝

Posted
7 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

No not at all. But before you make any further allegations, if you check my profile you will see that I’m one of the Fetish team. You might want to consider the site community standards before commenting further!

I love it when Karma bites 😂🤣

Quiltykitten
Posted
It baffles me how over complicated so many people make it. Whilst the ubiquitous d1ck pic is primarily what I encounter, I’ve seen femme presenting people behave appalling towards others in person and via messages. It’s the undercurrent of entitlement as if they are doing you a favour that makes me feel ick.
Posted
1 minute ago, Quiltykitten said:
It baffles me how over complicated so many people make it. Whilst the ubiquitous d1ck pic is primarily what I encounter, I’ve seen femme presenting people behave appalling towards others in person and via messages. It’s the undercurrent of entitlement as if they are doing you a favour that makes me feel ick.

The photo comments I've seen recently by (some) femmes have been absolutely atrocious

Posted
9 minutes ago, FatefulDestiny said:
Ooh I watched a fab TikTok about this today (and yes I’m too old for TikTok but tough I still love it)

What is this Tik Tok you speak of? 😂

Posted
I must have reached out to 30 or so ladies on Fet, 1 ended up in a conversation where Fet blocked her, and then 1 special one that resulted in a weekend of pure bliss… all my starting messages are proper greetings and asking how they are doing or if they are busy or a nice non-rude comment on a point in their profile or pics…

The rest ended up in dead end no responses, and its starting to feel like a “nice guys finish last” situation…

My weekend partner (in her own words) called me the Unicorn of the app as we get along really well and still speak every day,, but why wont others just get past the initial hallo and at least be the slight bit responsive…

(Granted I need more info on my profile, so dont hammer me on that just yet, but that didn’t stop me from making a serious connection)