Clothes or no clothes ?

Posted

If you are naked in your house & there is a knock on the door
How often do you open the door naked?
Iv done it a few times over the years & the reactions always make me laugh

( I may stop on the day where I am being laughed at haha)

Posted
I have but peaked my head around the door (the head on my shoulders)
Posted
I do the head peak if I can’t find something to wrap up with right away
Posted
Have done it quite often, my main postman knows me well enough now. Doesn't get sole funny looks from some delivery ppl mind
Posted
Would never open the door naked and inflict something on the innocent unknown person behind the door - if done deliberately (and I'm not sure a defence of "I forgot I was naked" will hold up in court) it's tantamount to flashing and risking a charge of indecent exposure
Posted
50 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Would never open the door naked and inflict something on the innocent unknown person behind the door - if done deliberately (and I'm not sure a defence of "I forgot I was naked" will hold up in court) it's tantamount to flashing and risking a charge of indecent exposure

This, it's also a consent issue so generally a shitty thing to do. 

Posted

even though it's your property, answering the door naked would go against indecency laws in many places

(you're on private land but can be seen naked from public land)

so really, it's a form of sex offending

Posted
I'd never do something I wouldn't want done to me myself.
I always find something to cover myself up (usually dressing gown), if I'm not ready after a shower or tan or something.
It may seem harmless but still isn't consented to from them and could come across very badly 😕
Posted
In my 20's and under, yes I have done this on several occasions, most of the time to expected company though. However, I have grown for the reasons previously mentioned, it's nonconsensual.
Posted
I put on a robe and peak my head.. isn’t that illegal?
Posted

Yes, I'm Guilty...so flog me.

I was in my twenties.  A time where my actions spoke louder than my words and neither were preceded with a great deal of forethought.

Except on this one occasion...every entrance into my town had huge signs reading NO SOLICITING and it was strictly en***d.  Unfortunately, I lived on the opposite side of town so the holy rollers would always start on my street at 7AM ON EVERY SATURDAY MORNING!

I guess you know how this story ends...needless to say that when the two twenty sumpin bible thumper babes made it back to their car they were able to get their eyes back far enough back  into their heads to drive their wood paneled station wagon right out of town.

Now, I can't say they never came back to the neighborhood but it was the last time I was ever rousted out of bed, hung over and with all of my angry pulsing pride in all it's glory waving in the dawns early light on a Saturday morning.

Warriors for Jesus beware...*** the devil but obey the rule of Cesar's laws or don't complain about sexual assault when it's at least partially self inflicted and totally justifiable.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Lostwings said:

Yes, I'm Guilty...so flog me.

I was in my twenties.  A time where my actions spoke louder than my words and neither were preceded with a great deal of forethought.

Except on this one occasion...every entrance into my town had huge signs reading NO SOLICITING and it was strictly en***d.  Unfortunately, I lived on the opposite side of town so the holy rollers would always start on my street at 7AM ON EVERY SATURDAY MORNING!

I guess you know how this story ends...needless to say that when the two twenty sumpin bible thumper babes made it back to their car they were able to get their eyes back far enough back  into their heads to drive their wood paneled station wagon right out of town.

Now, I can't say they never came back to the neighborhood but it was the last time I was ever rousted out of bed, hung over and with all of my angry pulsing pride in all it's glory waving in the dawns early light on a Saturday morning.

Warriors for Jesus beware...*** the devil but obey the rule of Cesar's laws or don't complain about sexual assault when it's at least partially self inflicted and totally justifiable.

Sexual assault is *never* justifiable regardless of provocation is all I would say to that, and I'm not sure it's ever self-inflicted for that matter.
That said I sympathise with the frustration of being disturbed from sleep on a regular basis.

Posted
I was pretty hung over...Friday night in my twenties was an incorrigible night.
I might well have forgotten I was nekid?
Times havve! changed. They DO change and conventional and socially acceptable thinking goes with it.
This is a perfect example of trying to judge behaviour of the past by standards of the current day. Public nudity on the west coast of America in the not so distant past was practically blaza. Nearly ubiquitous in it's nature especially in coastal beach towns.
Just BEING there qualified as partially self-inflicted.
Besides, I'm pretty sure the younger gal, judging by here protruding eyeballs, had never seen one before when it was so...angry, in some small way I was providing a public service by furthering the sex education classes that she took in high school. Not to mention saving her a life altering premarital unwanted pregnancy. I would never brag but Im QUITE sure she was scared to death of encountering another one for the next 5 years at least. I just might have been the first pro-choice anti-abortion warrior.
Posted
One small overlooked point...once they rang my door bell they were no longer IN PUBLIC but on MY front porch. In their own words...you reap what you sow. Disrespect has a nasty way of bouncing back at ya, don't ya know?
Posted
1 hour ago, Lostwings said:
I was pretty hung over...Friday night in my twenties was an incorrigible night.
I might well have forgotten I was nekid?
Times havve! changed. They DO change and conventional and socially acceptable thinking goes with it.
This is a perfect example of trying to judge behaviour of the past by standards of the current day. Public nudity on the west coast of America in the not so distant past was practically blaza. Nearly ubiquitous in it's nature especially in coastal beach towns.
Just BEING there qualified as partially self-inflicted.
Besides, I'm pretty sure the younger gal, judging by here protruding eyeballs, had never seen one before when it was so...angry, in some small way I was providing a public service by furthering the sex education classes that she took in high school. Not to mention saving her a life altering premarital unwanted pregnancy. I would never brag but Im QUITE sure she was scared to death of encountering another one for the next 5 years at least. I just might have been the first pro-choice anti-abortion warrior.

Not judging a thing from the past - as you say times change etc and we evolve/mature with it.
What I did take exception to was the line about sexual assault being justifiable and self-inflicted - which it never is, and never has been.

Posted

@Lostwings this conversation is happening *today* though and the words you choose as your contibution to the conversation is a representation of your current character. 

On your own property while still in view of the public is no different than in public. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Lostwings said:
One small overlooked point...once they rang my door bell they were no longer IN PUBLIC but on MY front porch. In their own words...you reap what you sow. Disrespect has a nasty way of bouncing back at ya, don't ya know?

The law will be different in different countries and changes over time dependent upon who is in Government however, your front porch may well be your property but if it's in view of the public, here you'd be up on indecency charges.
No excuses
Not justifiable context to sexual assault, all parties either consented or they didn't.
Many of us have been sleeping off a hangover, pottering around the house half dressed/naked when the doorbell rings. We have a choices, to answer the door or not and if we choose to, to put on a dressing gown or something to cover our modesty.

Posted
7 hours ago, Lostwings said:

So you're in Mississippi 

and I have the law from Mississippi in front of me

"In Mississippi, it’s a crime to intentionally expose one’s genitals or private parts in public places. If convicted, you could be facing misdemeanor or felony charges, depending upon the unique circumstances in your case"

and you might be "ah, it was in my house - not a public place"

so which when we get into the appropriate law further

"A person who willfully and lewdly exposes his person, or private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, is guilty of a misdemeanor"

So this falls under "place where others are present"

the law you want is
§ 97-29-31 - Indecent exposure

-

So, yeah, you were in the wrong and if they had filed a complaint you would have been prosecuted even though it was your porch. 

Posted

Well this went dark.
I didnt think about anybody fully opening the door & showing off all their bits
(although I have done that when I saw my gf walked passed my window then knock on my door).

Posted
4 minutes ago, u-6195578a4437c said:

Well this went dark.
I didnt think about anybody fully opening the door & showing off all their bits
(although I have done that when I saw my gf walked passed my window then knock on my door).

You didn't think "about anybody fully opening the door and showing off their bits" - when your OP clearly says "How often do you open the door naked?" and then go on to talk about the reactions it gets
Not sure how that could be any more thinking about anybody opening the door and showing off their bits?!

Posted

Iv always just popped my head/shoulders around the door.
All awkward trying to keep my hips to the side.
it's obvious that I am nude & it shocks people. Their reaction is always amusing.
It's a brilliant way to get sales people to fuck off. Thats why I enjoy doing it really

Posted
47 minutes ago, u-6195578a4437c said:

Iv always just popped my head/shoulders around the door.
All awkward trying to keep my hips to the side.
it's obvious that I am nude & it shocks people. Their reaction is always amusing.
It's a brilliant way to get sales people to fuck off. Thats why I enjoy doing it really

You didn't say that in your op, though.

You could also just not answer the door and have to deal with them at all. 🤷🏻‍♀️