What is edge play?

Qui-

Posted
To me, edge play has always been the cutting of flesh with very sharp things, with consent and safety in mind..
but I’ve heard edge play described as something else. What are your thoughts.
Posted
My take on edge play, is to create a level of wanting by your subject, when they are extremely close to orgasm, and then denied it, multiple times. It's a very powerful form of ***, since you can bring them to the brink many times before denying them, and the denial has to be more effective each time to bring them back from the edge.
Posted
If it’s the same thing edge play is when a dom gets the but right to the brink of an organism but stops not letting them cum.
Posted
I think that’s edging. I’ve heard edge play described as play that’s on the margins of kink, particularly physically dangerous ones like knife play, breath play, etc.
Posted
To me, it’s bringing a sub to the edge of orgasm. A form of orgasm control.
Posted

Omygod. The amount of mixing up of 

Edging

And 

Edge play. 

😭😭😭😭😭

This is a classic mix up between people. 

Edging is the denial of an orgasm and build up towards it. Etc etc. 

Edge play is more mind games, with utensils such as knives and so on, things that are more risky and dangerous, or the person made to believe as much. 

People who think Edging is Edge play please read up and learn the difference. It's not unheard of for people to mistake the two and end up very confused and in awkward positions.

Posted
Just now, Jeneral_Whore said:

Omygod. The amount of mixing up of 

Edging

And 

Edge play. 

😭😭😭😭😭

This is a classic mix up between people. 

Edging is the denial of an orgasm and build up towards it. Etc etc. 

Edge play is more mind games, with utensils such as knives and so on, things that are more risky and dangerous, or the person made to believe as much. 

People who think Edging is Edge play please read up and learn the difference. It's not unheard of for people to mistake the two and end up very confused and in awkward positions.

Thank you ❤️

Posted
Just now, DenverKitten said:

Thank you ❤️

Both are very very different, shockingly not many people know this and its quite basic too 🙈🙈

Posted

Both are very very different, shockingly not many people know this and its quite basic too 🙈🙈

I didn’t know this difference. Thank you for correcting me.

Posted
Just now, DenverKitten said:

I didn’t know this difference. Thank you for correcting me.

Your comment didn't come through until I refreshed after my comment posted haha. The ones above did say along the same tho ❤❤

Posted

Your comment didn't come through until I refreshed after my comment posted haha. The ones above did say along the same tho ❤❤

Nothing wrong with being ignorant of something as long as you are willing and open to learn.

Posted
I think you are describing knife play? Edge play is bringing someone to the edge of climax but then keeping them there and not letting them cum. It is so much fun 😁
Posted
Just now, Tickler101 said:

I think you are describing knife play? Edge play is bringing someone to the edge of climax but then keeping them there and not letting them cum. It is so much fun 😁

No that is edging. Not edge play.

Posted
I think edge play challenges the whole SSC side of things. I think, at least from Wikipedia and my experience, this is where RACK, PRICK, and IC come in. Understanding and consenting to the risk. Cnc could be added to edge play. I think it is somewhat subjective though.
Posted
2 hours ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

No that is edging. Not edge play.

Oh ok, that is interesting. Always more to learn...

Posted
I think we are allowed to do Wikipedia links. here is a description of it there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgeplay