Who believes this is a hookup site?

Ne****

Posted
I see it as a hookup/dating/make new friends kind of site depending on what your looking for but just because what you want doesnt align with what other want doesnt allow them to trash you over it.
Posted
Definitely not a hook up site. But a site that you can find like minded people and chat.. and hopefully make a match that you won’t find on hook up sites…
Posted
25 minutes ago, gemini_man said:
Whilst some may see it as a "hook up" site, and there's nothing wrong with that if they do, they should also respect that no everyone does - I certainly don't and nor do many of the people I've chatted to.
Anyone trying to tell anyone else how to use the site is clearly wrong and not on the same page as the other person.
Sadly sites like this will always attract those that think signing up immediately guarantees them whatever they want and when it doesn't pan out that way frustration kicks in and things go awry from there.
Personally I see this site as somewhere to interact with likeminded people and if anything develops off the back of that then it's a very pleasant additional thing rather than being my main aim.

I agree with you if Something Happens that’s great but it’s a place to go to have someone reassure you of your fetishes help me greatly to see who I am and where I belong I’ve always felt like I’ve been standing on the outside, looking in and for once I feel like I belong here and I’m not standing on the outside anymore. I came inside, and I was welcomed by a lot of people. Of course, I’ve had people take it vantage of me or try to anyways and some people hurt my feelings but I just dusted off and keep on going. I mean Life is going to hand, you lemons to make you cry it’s gonna give you lemons to make some lemonade at a little sugar to it and enjoy.

Posted
Like many things, it is what you make it, to an extent, anyway. Its clearly marketed at kinky people - and those with fetishes, not always the same thing - but many kinky people aren't promiscuous. Kink isn't about sex at all for some. The important thing is to approach people how they ask to be approached and not treat everyone like human kink dispensers. So no, it isn't a hook up site for me, nor is that what kink is necessarily about. At all. Fine for those who want to use it that way as long as those you interact with are like minded (I get really exhausted with the messages on here, many of which are nasty).
Posted
I’d venture to say why yuck someone’s yum? If the profile and their goals don’t align, scroll by. But to expect everyone’s kink or fetish to match yours defeats the purpose of having a kink or a fetish. Just my two cents. 🤷‍♀️
Posted
I don't use this site for hookups. We are looking for more..and I say that in my first message.i dont want any confusion.
Posted
I mean, it's clearly meant for kinky people to find other kinky people (regardless of what they're looking for). And I'm sorry, but just vanilla hookup sex is NOT kinky in my book—never has been, never will be. AFF is a hookup/sex site, this is not.
Posted

do I believe it is a hook-up site : no

do I believe some people are here for hook-ups : yes

do I think there's anything wrong with that (in general) : nope, not at all

are there some people who are here for hook-ups completely inappropriate and annoy a lot of people : yep, absolutely

Posted
32 minutes ago, TheDoobTube said:
Isn't this literally a fetish app?

That doesn’t mean ‘have sex’ and ‘have sex with anyone who just messages me.’ Especially when there are plenty of sites and places for exactly that - this isn’t what I want from this place. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted
Any dating app is a tool. Anyone can use it for whatever they want. This one in particular I think is more guided towards sex(all kinds of different kinks)but that doesn't necessarily mean is to just hook up. That's a very limited way to see anything. You can literally find anyone to date/hook up/friends anywhere as long as you're open to the experience. Anyone limiting anything-in my opinion - is short sited and closed minded. You can meet people at a coffee shot, grocery store, at work-are any of those places design for dating? No, but it happens all the time 🤷🏼‍♀️. You never know who you're gonna meet or where. People who say this is just a hook up site are just probably frustrated because they haven't had any in a while. They are probably very limited in understanding of consent and probably think they are entitled to everything..
Posted
59 minutes ago, letshaveFun069 said:

If your looking for love id probably not be on a site like this more for people who have different fettish. Maybe tinder would be more for you wouldn't run into so many people wanting weird sh**

I’m not looking for quick sex nor love. Not into hookups without the adequate amount of mental exchange I require.

Posted
57 minutes ago, DonkeyDiick said:
Is a site for fetishs, so if your not wanting to be in a fetish like situ than I'd suggest not using the site

My post isn’t arguing against fetish….

Posted
50 minutes ago, TheDoobTube said:

Perhaps some folks are viewing fetish as synonymous with sex and desire for it.. which would be erroneous.

Posted
This app seems to be full of mean girls who are only looking for social media followers.......
Posted
1 hour ago, DonkeyDiick said:
Is a site for fetishs, so if your not wanting to be in a fetish like situ than I'd suggest not using the site

Thing is though it may well be a site for fetishes and kink - but that still doesn't make it a "hook up" site by default.
Some will use the site to get information about their specific fetish/kink, others might use it simply to interact with others with similar fetishes/kinks, and yes others might use it with the aim of meeting people, and even those may not see it as a "hook up" site preferring to take their time to get to know people before meeting.
So as you can see not everyone uses it for the same person and regardless of that everyone has as much right to be here as the next and use the site however they choose.

Posted
I definitely see it as more of a hookup app than a dating app. I mean, the whole purpose of this app is to meet people who are into the same kinky sex that you are
Posted
It's an option. You can use it to look for hook ups or for something else, you can also put it on your profile, the same app has options about it. The problem is that some people don't read those tags or even the profile and make the experience frustrating for everyone.
I'm ok with people being here only to hook up, but if it's not my vibe, I would love them to respect it.
Posted
While this app has the capabilities to cater to those interested in dating, I’d hardly limit my description of Fet as a simple dating app. It’s also a community, an educational resource, a forum, a place to converse, exchange ideas, gain perspective, learn, grow…but of course this is the internet after all, so you’re going to encounter your fair share of rude people and those looking to satisfy their base urges. The answer to your question is this app is whatever you want it to be, but unless you’re looking for casual sex, you might want to keep one hand on the block button. Best of luck.
Posted
Yes and No, this is technically a hookup site. But as a 2nd generation kinkster I Grew up always hearing about Safe, Sane, and Consensual. And communication and trust.. to really play in this world. all 5 of those are absolute musts for me.
Posted
1 hour ago, TheDoobTube said:

It is a fetish app, like I hate tinder because people are too vanilla on it. Doesn’t mean I’m looking to not have an emotional connection first before agreeing for a dom/sub situation

Posted

While I do not use this or some other fetish sites primarily as hook up sites. I have to say when using this site in particular, when I have had people respond to messages, unless I knew them from another site, they have been generally quick hook up messages, with people wanting a quickie or wanting to dive straight in and play, then there are others who even though they say they are looking for friends/chat, then basically ignore me if I am not wanting to hook up. 

Do not get me wrong I do message some people with regards to possibly getting to know them, with a view of possibly going further if we get on well (if both looking), at the same time, if we simply end up being friends that is also a win.

Do not get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with people using sites like this as a hook up site, people are free to do as they wish, however I do feel it can make it harder for those, not necessarily wanting to just have quick hook ups.

Posted
It’s a dating site for people who’s tastes and preferences run darker not just for hooks but can be comes down to the individual and the core tenant of kink communication communication followed by communication if someone is on here to explore or hook up cool but that’s not all this app is it is what you make it