Why is being a switch considered negatively ?

pa****

Posted
Curious why this is?
At least for me:
1. Being a submissive makes me better as a dominant. I understand how a submissive feels and how to trigger *** and subservience. I can replicate this as a dominant.

2. Being a dominant makes me a more subservient submissive. Since I get a glimpse of the power trip and then associate that with a disciplinarian. I give all the power to that man because I know that what’s it’s like being in power

What do you think?
Posted
Interesting and totally agree, a great submissive knows best hot to be a great dom 💯
Posted
I don't know why it's seen negatively. A few times I've had a sub do things to me that would be considered submissive. But I do agree if you know what it feels like you can better implement that when you are dominating.
Posted
I enjoy being a switch!! Ive received negative remarks for it. Someone once said since a switch has domme tendencies they can’t fully submit and bound to switch.
I feel like there should be more “switches” here. I have yet to interact with another switch woman. :/
Posted
I agree! When you are subbing you get to experience and learn what makes a good Dom xx
Posted
I am a switch. I am in a very popular areas. The main reason I hear why switches are looked at negatively is doing to us being confused, not committed, indecisive , and especially can not commit since you either can not serve completely or can not dom completely. That everyone has to fit into one box. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me and a lot of people. I see a lot of people called themselves subs or Doms due to the negativity to the term switch. 
Posted
18 minutes ago, MistressKitFox1313 said:
I am a switch. I am in a very popular areas. The main reason I hear why switches are looked at negatively is doing to us being confused, not committed, indecisive , and especially can not commit since you either can not serve completely or can not dom completely. That everyone has to fit into one box. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me and a lot of people. I see a lot of people called themselves subs or Doms due to the negativity to the term switch. 

I had this at the start of my journey I said I was a switch but there was certain parts of being a sub I didn't like and much preferred the dom side of that thing I like to please as stubby as that sounds I see my role as a dom I am giving a service to the sub they want this to happen and it brings them enjoyment and pleasure and thats what i enjoy the most I love seeing there smiles when your done with a scene and there so happy and content.

Posted
I've literally never heard that. Switches have always from my experience been highly regaurded/desired
Posted
I vacillate on labels like this. I do feel as a switch that I am less desirable because I don’t fit in someone’s else’s role definition.

Because I’m a switch, I’m far better suited to be a compassionate and creative partner. I’ve had to settle and identify myself either as a DOM or as a sub as the situation calls for and I found it especially problematic when I’m trying to connect with a Mistress when I’m in a sub role. Such are the downsides of labels. Regardless of what one might say, it’s been my experience that switches (at least make switches) are outcasts. Fuck em
Posted
It's just another homophobic type reaction and labels suck, we are all as individual as our fingerprints.
Posted
I would consider myself a switch even though my default position is more Dominant. If that makes me unpopular so be it. I'm not the type to follow the crowd or the current thing, I do my own thing. People who want to try to label you take themselves far too seriously. I would prefer a switch tbh
Posted
9 hours ago, paddledinwetjeans said:

Being a submissive makes me better as a dominant. I understand how a submissive feels and how to trigger *** and subservience. I can replicate this as a dominant.

there's bits where I get the angle, but bits where I disagree with

so doing any activity or whatever as a submissive let's you know how you feel in those situations.  The assumption is that other subs would feel the same and that's not entirely true.  

This isn't to say there is not potential for learning about one role while being in the other, but understanding it's only part of the picture.

I know amazing Dommes who have never been submissive, amazing Dommes who are really switches, and also encountered those in both who are not as good.  And sometimes with the switchy ones, it's because of assumptions made.

--

But to answer the main question.

Some people have negative experiences with switches, that is they might sometimes feel someone who is Dominant to them isn't really all that Dominant.   Or that someone who is submitting to them tries too much to top from the bottom, feels they could do a better job or that they will one day want to Dominate them.

it is what it is - and - we just need to accept not everyone will want to play with us.  Their loss ;) 

Posted
I think people that are switch's are not strong either way. They can be one or other depending on mood or situation they are in. The people with an issue with it I feel are not in touch with who they really are? We all have times in our lives we must submit to someone or something, and we all have to at sometime dominate a situation as well. Not talking sexually, but in life. I feel people should be true to themselves and not worry about what others think. If you enjoy both sides and you partner or partners enjoy it who cares. Really all this is about is you and your partners enjoyment.
Posted
Respectfully I think it allows you to see a person as a person and not just a ‘slave’ outside of any D/s context
Posted
I can liken it to the similar disparaging against bisexuality, wherein people are wanting folks to ‘pick a side’, perhaps for better comfortability for themselves. ‘Us vs Them’ of sorts and people wanting definitive lines they can easily comprehend.
🤷🏻‍♀️
Posted
17 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

there's bits where I get the angle, but bits where I disagree with

so doing any activity or whatever as a submissive let's you know how you feel in those situations.  The assumption is that other subs would feel the same and that's not entirely true.  

This isn't to say there is not potential for learning about one role while being in the other, but understanding it's only part of the picture.

I know amazing Dommes who have never been submissive, amazing Dommes who are really switches, and also encountered those in both who are not as good.  And sometimes with the switchy ones, it's because of assumptions made.

--

But to answer the main question.

Some people have negative experiences with switches, that is they might sometimes feel someone who is Dominant to them isn't really all that Dominant.   Or that someone who is submitting to them tries too much to top from the bottom, feels they could do a better job or that they will one day want to Dominate them.

it is what it is - and - we just need to accept not everyone will want to play with us.  Their loss  

Oh indeed - I despise being considered a cookie cutter under any particular label and others interacting with me and expecting me to react predictably across every board. Cease being a person and an individual at those points and it’s never a good time for me.

Posted
I've never been sub or switched, however, like all of kink it's about the individuals preference. I don't think being switch makes a person any less submissive when the choose (and its always the subs choice) and can see where it might make them a better Dom. "You do you!"