Brats

WyrdOakDaddy

Posted

I'd like to understand the brat role better and so I've decided to ask the brats some questions.
First off, there are a lot of opinions about brats, and I'm not looking for opinions about them as that doesn't help me or anyone else try to understand them better.
So, for the brats in the audience:
Why do you identify as a brat?
What does brat mean to you?
How does it manifest in a dynamic for you?
What dynamic types do you think work best/worst for a brat type?
Is there anything you want to say about being a brat to help people understand your role better?

Posted

I think I may have some brat in me, in fact I know I do.

Think strappy ***ager.

Idk, for me I think I'm being bratty when I question my Dom, or push them. Kinda like misbehaving to get a reaction.

I was never particularly bratty with Pirate (tbf, I'd not get away with it) but I see it as more of a challenging thing and I never really challenged him. Mainly because he was so good at squashing brattiness before it got going.

I'd definitely play up to being a brat..

Funishment!

Posted

As a brat I’m the brat who likes to be funny and quirky. There are times I do it just to see if I’ll get a reaction but I know how far I can push before it goes over the line. Brat to me means you’re doing things to get a reaction or attention from your dominant but in such a way as to not be manipulative since they know exactly what you’re doing or mean spirited. Being a brat means being cheeky and pushing limits. What you don’t do is carry brat into play. That is when total submission steps in. If works well in my dynamic since Admiral is a brat tamer. I toe the line nudging it gently with my toe but walking it well. I know what the rules are and how to follow them just sometimes I choose not to so it will result in funishment. It’s much more fun for both of us instead of me just asking for it.

Posted

I Identity as a brat. Im sassy, and can get mouthy.
I think being a brat means throwing sass into a dynamic. banter, being cheeky. Teasing when im not supposed to or when its not wanted haha.
I think very high protocol dynamics may not work well for brats, or doms that are very strict or expect full obidence. It will get annoying to them and they will see a brats behavior as disrespectful or intolerable. I think brats might be better as switches or with a switch. Maybe a dom who isnt inclined to 24/7 or set strict protocols and expectations. Brats are imo random with their behavior, but predictable as well. Just pay attention and you'll see when the brat comes out.

A brat isn't just submissive, as a switch when i domme i am bratty to my sub at times, giving them a mouth full of sass (and ass).

Posted
2 hours ago, Leisa said:

There are times I do it just to see if I’ll get a reaction but I know how far I can push before it goes over the line. Brat to me means you’re doing things to get a reaction or attention from your dominant but in such a way as to not be manipulative since they know exactly what you’re doing or mean spirited. Being a brat means being cheeky and pushing limits.

From my perspective it makes for an excellent way to communicate playfully if Leisa wants more spanking. Earlier on in our relationship it was very useful at drawing out the sadist in me as I knew she was deliberately pushing for more funishment.  Leisa is very good at managing to be a brat but still retaining respect.

It may help that some Brats used to be known as SAM'a - Smart Assed Masochists

Posted
6 minutes ago, Thebian said:

From my perspective it makes for an excellent way to communicate playfully if Leisa wants more spanking. Earlier on in our relationship it was very useful at drawing out the sadist in me as I knew she was deliberately pushing for more funishment.  Leisa is very good at managing to be a brat but still retaining respect.

It may help that some Brats used to be known as SAM'a - Smart Assed Masochists

Smart Assed Masochist! That's so me!

Posted
4 hours ago, Leisa said:

As a brat I’m the brat who likes to be funny and quirky. There are times I do it just to see if I’ll get a reaction but I know how far I can push before it goes over the line. Brat to me means you’re doing things to get a reaction or attention from your dominant but in such a way as to not be manipulative since they know exactly what you’re doing or mean spirited. Being a brat means being cheeky and pushing limits. What you don’t do is carry brat into play. That is when total submission steps in. If works well in my dynamic since Admiral is a brat tamer. I toe the line nudging it gently with my toe but walking it well. I know what the rules are and how to follow them just sometimes I choose not to so it will result in funishment. It’s much more fun for both of us instead of me just asking for it.

Hi Leisa! Can you say more about not carrying it into play? Funishment and similar might be seen as a part of play, so how do you know where the line rests when it’s time to get serious? Is it about being in tune and reading your Dom/me? Do you feel it’s instinctive or something you have to learn how to do with each partner? 

Thanks @Remy22 for posting this great topic! 

Posted

I love it when KittyKuffs is being a brat.

As long as the Bratting is just being playful and fun then that's good. It doesn't mean a sub should disrespect or break any of the Doms rules (just up to the line, but never over it). I find bratting is one of ways Kitty uses if she is wanting to play so i see it as forming part of play, including the funishment. The trick is to make it something that makes your Dom smile or laugh when they are trying to be all serious. It has to be imaginative and different each time or it just gets annoying.

Its easy for me to know as she only brats when middling, so we can separated her sub from middle, then play accordingly.

Posted

I identify as a brat because I think it's fun. Also, whenever the Dominant gets mad, it kind of scares me, but in a way that gets me excited. But I don't look forward to punishment, usually I back down immediately when punishment is brought up.
Brat to me means someone who takes joy in fighting back against authority.
In a dynamic, I'll typically throw sarcasm left and right. Or I'll make fun of the Dominant, say for example they'll say "sit down." And a response I'd come up with would be "what, like a dog? Get me a collar first, sweetheart~"
I think that being a brat is best in a DDLG relationship, and probably worst in a slave dynamic.
Here's what I want to say: don't take play so seriously, have a little fun with it and ... Brat out (;

Posted

I’m not sure what happened before but will answer again. When it’s time for play it’s time to get serious. You’ll know when it’s time to get serious by knowing who your Dom/mes is and what they’re like when play begins. Thebian’s voice gets deeper and when that happens I know it’s time to put my brat away. It is mostly about intuition and knowing your partner.

Posted

It ain't no role......it comes natural.  Ha ha ha🤓

Posted

To me, I use the term brat a bit more loosely. I consider myself a brat, and I'm not even that sassy. I simply enjoy challenging Doms. I want to know I'm on a short leash and they will follow through with their position over me. It excites me when a Dom gets sparked to step up and take their position over me. I provide motive and the fire under them. Some can argue that a proper Dom would leave their mark so you wouldn't need to challenge them, but for me, it is part of fun. 

Posted

To me, its about slowly pushing buttons to see how far I can push them until I get punished. I like punishment and they know that its all my way of flirting and getting my way. A previous Dom told me I was a bratty princess because he would always feel like I'm the one holding the leash, turns out he wasn't right for me. But a Dom who won't put up with my shit for long is the right type. Its different for every person.

Posted

How would brats or brat tamers respond to those who think it’s topping from the bottom? Do people think brats have more power in a dynamic than other sub types because they are able to push their Dom/me in a direction a bit (ex. nudging toward funishment/punishment)? 

Sorry for all the questions... I’m too curious for my own good. 😁

Posted
On 7/8/2020 at 10:21 PM, TammyNatalia said:

It ain't no role......it comes natural.  Ha ha ha🤓

l,olnh,wkh,whxw,rq,brxu,suriloh,

Posted
Just now, SirGreen said:

l,olnh,wkh,whxw,rq,brxu,suriloh,

You're gonna 'ave to take my test Guvnor, not the uver way round...!🤓

Posted
5 minutes ago, TammyNatalia said:

You're gonna 'ave to take my test Guvnor, not the uver way round...!🤓

I did that, too easy. lol one should never have vanilla and brat tamer (taimee) next to each other. it just gets too messy hahaha

Posted

Yeah well give us the answers then   Bet u cant   He he   🤓👅

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TammyNatalia said:

Yeah well give us the answers then   Bet u cant   He he   🤓👅

I will have to tie you up and spank your behind but only if your mine only in a normal way you naughty girl hahahaha

Edited by SirGreen
Posted

Normal,  Wots that?  There ain't no normal on 'ere .  Besides, ow you gonna spank my bum?  🤓 Ha ha.

Posted
1 minute ago, TammyNatalia said:

Normal,  Wots that?  There ain't no normal on 'ere .  Besides, ow you gonna spank my bum?  🤓 Ha ha.

4 minutes ago, SirGreen said:

I will have to tie you up and spank your behind but only if your mine only in a normal way you naughty girl hahahaha

Posted

oh, mmm yes the wrong hole hahaha Im showing my age lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, SirGreen said:

oh, mmm yes the wrong hole hahaha Im showing my age lol

sxvvb, not bottom. lol