How to get started in rope play?

le****

Posted

I've done plenty of spanking, but I want to get more into rope play. Where's a good place to start?

Posted

Exciting times ahead!!! There's many fabulous riggers and trainee riggers here who are inspirational!!! I'm also inspired to start and YouTube will be my friend and I look forward to others responses.... Good luck on your journey

🔥🔥🔥

Posted

Have a look for a local rope jam , get some books ,, you tube and if your lucky you might meet someone willing to teach you

Posted

From my perspective it will depend on what kind of experience you have had with ropes in the past. 

I've had a lot of experience with rock climbing, sailing, and tieing down items for transport so for me I have a lot of experience using ropes before entering the bdsm scene. 

I suggest learning a couple of simple knots from a climbing book or sailing book. Get used to dealing with ropes on inanimate objects first. And have fun! 

Posted

Do your homework before you even attempt any rigging .there's plenty of info on where nerves are and areas to avoid .get cotton rope to begin with as it's pretty soft .get 2 sets of medical shears .and keep them visible .you tube has a great source of tutorials I'd start with basic single column ties .simple chest harnesses non restrictive ties then work up

Posted
1 hour ago, Pete45 said:

Do your homework before you even attempt any rigging .there's plenty of info on where nerves are and areas to avoid .get cotton rope to begin with as it's pretty soft .get 2 sets of medical shears .and keep them visible .you tube has a great source of tutorials I'd start with basic single column ties .simple chest harnesses non restrictive ties then work up

That is fantastic advice! 

Posted (edited)

I became interested in ropes about two years ago, you can find Shibari tutorials on you tube, I started with a dress makers dolly. Royal Honey Ropes is a good girl to follow on YouTube. Also check out twistedmonk***. They have everything from supplies to tutorials. You’re gunna love it!!

Edited by FETMOD-TF
* external link removed
Posted

There are a lot of helpful riggers on FLife. I know someone running an online class if that would be of interest - can recommend them.

Posted (edited)

There are a ton of videos on YouTube, also like many have said there are plenty of riggers on here and FL including my Sir, who himself is a rigger he has had experience with working with boats etc so he already had that experience with rope. But there are also some really good books out there too there is one called, Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé which you can find on Amazon, it has some really good ties for beginners me and my Sir highly recommend it. 😁

Edited by lil-monster
Added more
Posted
29 minutes ago, lil-monster said:

There are a ton of videos on YouTube, also like many have said there are plenty of riggers on here and FL including my Sir, who himself is a rigger he has had experience with working with boats etc so he already had that experience with rope. But there are also some really good books out there too there is one called, Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé which you can find on Amazon, it has some really good ties for beginners me and my Sir highly recommend it. 😁

Lucky you, LilM! My Sir is learning rope. 😊

Posted
20 minutes ago, Curvykate said:

Lucky you, LilM! My Sir is learning rope. 😊

He is amazing at it. I'm very lucky as I'd never tried rope before Sir but now I am 100% rope bunny, but if you're on FL have a look he also has some pics on here too. How is your sir getting on?

Posted
16 hours ago, lil-monster said:

He is amazing at it. I'm very lucky as I'd never tried rope before Sir but now I am 100% rope bunny, but if you're on FL have a look he also has some pics on here too. How is your sir getting on?

I will look him up on FL (I keep my identity on FL quite different). 👍🏻 i don’t know when I will next get to see him but I’ve been very happy with rope so far!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Curvykate said:

I will look him up on FL (I keep my identity on FL quite different). 👍🏻 i don’t know when I will next get to see him but I’ve been very happy with rope so far!

My Sir @Liam52 normally does his own designs but yes take a look on here and on FL. I'm on FL too you can always pm me your nick on there and I can give you a follow 😊 but I'm glad you're happy with rope so far, it's amazing!!!! The best kind of sensory play!!!! 

Edited by lil-monster