Seek advice, can your brat be stripped?

Pe****

Posted (edited)

Not sure what I mean?

My question is: has any brat, ever lost their brattiness?

I've been a brat, enjoy being a brat. Thrive off my brat tendency.

However in my dynamic I don't want to be one at all. 

I want to be the BEST sub I possibly am capable of for him. I don't want to brat.

Why don't I want to brat?

I'm confused and have tried to compartmentalized this but still I don't get it. Why can't I get myself to brat for him? Why don't I want to? What's changed?

I tease and say maybe he smacked the brat out of me, but really the brat has not even come out to play. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks- Petite

Edited by PetiteSub007
Typo
Posted

Imo no not really if it’s part of who you are, end of the day brats are gonna brat 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted

Perhaps the question should be am I really a brat, or just a defence mechanism, or maybe it's purely because you've found your "one". Maybe try to view it in a vanilla sense, we are all different and though fitting under a blanket term such as a brat, there are nuances, which make us the unique creatures we are

Posted

As we explore and mature we evolve and the person we are, just as in normal life can become something else. Each individual relationship/dynamic can also be very different and if it works it works, no matter what you think you are or should be 😊

Posted

Hi Petite.  I checked your profile to learn a little about you before answering your query.  As my mate Donnykinkster mentions, we al grow and evolve, and with that growth opinions change, dynamics develop, respect and trust are built, and so we feel we can be a little more sure about ourselves, our desires and beliefs.

The other thing though, is that a lot of youngsters say their bratty, but in fact, they are just spoilt kids who have this level of bravado about them, and a devil may care attitude.  IF that person takes a good hard look at who it is they have taken a fancy to and the values that person has, then they make subtle changes within, and lose that supposed brattiness. In this case, it is not so much brattiness, but a case of selfishness.  I have seen this happen so many times over the years.  So yes, brattiness (selfishness) can be beaten without really trying, BUT it depends upon the individual and whether they are maturing through life.

Now in some people brattiness des exist, BUT it is something THEY have within their character.  If they are lucky, they will find someone who finds this trait cute and endearing, and so they find a place for the brattiness within the dynamic, but generally it is not always the driving *** behind or within them.  It's just a place they retreat to when it suits them.

YOU need to look within and have a good hard look at yourself to see where you are on this spectrum, and was being bratty really a true trait of yours.  I would really like your thoughts on what I have written girl.

Me personally, I like a degree of brattiness, and find it fun at times.  When I don't find it fun, my sub will soon find out.

stillstanding
Posted

I watch myself on video and I don't like it but I can't seem to stop it.  It's something I just do. 

Even though I'd like to be a totally obedient sub, to give myself fully to my dom, my character wouldn't allow me to not speak up about something, even if I like it.

• 1 month later...
Posted

Congratulations Petite :relaxed:

I think I can answer this one.

Your Brat side even as a Lifestyle Brat is a kind of defensive wall.  It is in no way a bad thing, I think it is a great side.

Once you find a Dominant that you totally trust and whom you naturally respect your deeper submissive feelings come to the surface. It is an amazing kind of emotional and power dynamic chemistry. 

From my experience the brattiest submissives are often those who have a far deeper submissive trait within a committed dynamic.

Your Brat is still there she is just having more fun not fighting back. ;)

Posted
On 11/30/2020 at 12:42 AM, PetiteSub007 said:

Not sure what I mean?

My question is: has any brat, ever lost their brattiness?

I've been a brat, enjoy being a brat. Thrive off my brat tendency.

However in my dynamic I don't want to be one at all. 

I want to be the BEST sub I possibly am capable of for him. I don't want to brat.

Why don't I want to brat?

I'm confused and have tried to compartmentalized this but still I don't get it. Why can't I get myself to brat for him? Why don't I want to? What's changed?

I tease and say maybe he smacked the brat out of me, but really the brat has not even come out to play. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks- Petite

Thanks for asking this question Petite!  I was conflicted about this myself for a bit and am coming to the conclusion that I have no control over my inner brat.  She comes out when it works for the dynamic and not when it doesn't...but I feel you on the confusion

Posted
1 hour ago, Thebian said:

Congratulations Petite :relaxed:

I think I can answer this one.

Your Brat side even as a Lifestyle Brat is a kind of defensive wall.  It is in no way a bad thing, I think it is a great side.

Once you find a Dominant that you totally trust and whom you naturally respect your deeper submissive feelings come to the surface. It is an amazing kind of emotional and power dynamic chemistry. 

From my experience the brattiest submissives are often those who have a far deeper submissive trait within a committed dynamic.

Your Brat is still there she is just having more fun not fighting back. ;)

Yes!  This makes so much sense!!!

Posted

in the past, I've had many a "I'm I really a sub?" conversations in my head.   And, one of the best things someone said to me on this when I was effectively thinking out loud was "different people can bring out different levels of submission, or willingness to submit" - and that might be the kinda case here, that you feel different around different people

this isn't a bad thing, so long as you're ultimately happy