Vetting and Agreement

Nylon-Nellie

Nylon-Nellie
Posted

Since everyday is a school day, I have a question for those that are already in a dynamic or those that already know.

When two people start vetting each other (for a prospective D/s relationship). Is/was there a point a paper agreement would be drawn up between you both? Is this paper legally binding (I have seen it in past, that the paper isn't legally binding)?  Is it the done thing to have a paper agreement between two people? 

I am asking this question from a submissive side.

Thank you kindly for letting me pick your brains on a Monday morning.

Posted

It's not legally binding, it's more something two put together to formalise their expectations.

It's not a common thing to do either.

Posted

a paper agreement / contract

not common, but can happen

no, it's not legally binding.

But, a plus, especially if you're new/unsure - drawing up any form of 'agreement' can be a good centre for communication.  So, it gets you talking on what you are/aren't interested in and what does/doesn't work for you (and this is a two way thing)

I guess it's just whatever works for you both on communication and managing expectations 

Posted

Agreements/Contracts are not legally binding, and less and less common. Me, I always draw up a contract, it stimulate the communication plus signing a contract is a nice add to the collaring ceremony

Posted

I've only used a contract once, with a 24/7 slave, who suggested it. We also used a site called Slave Registry to "formally" record my Ownership of her.

Nylon-Nellie
Posted

Thank you kindly for everyone's comments, these have given me a starting point on my next chapter.

Stay safe :sunflower:

Posted

Not legally binding but can no a great tool for communication to begin and a great reference tool if there’s a point down the line where an issue that was discussed comes up. I’ve done both oral and written. Neither was better or worse then the other.

StringsAttached
Posted

Definitely a supporter of 'contracts', and always as limited term; though of course they're not binding in any legal sense, they do serve though as an excellent means to reference both the sub's and Dom(me)'s interests, limits and goals. Revisit and renegotiate, as needed, periodically and regularly.