Looking for advice on asking my long term partner to be my dominant.

Wolfie93

Posted

I’ve always wanted to be submissive to someone. I’ve been with my long term partner for 6 years and honestly our sex life is bit vanilla! He’s often asked me about my fantasy’s but I’ve been too shy/embarrassed to mention a Dom/sub relationship to him. I’ve been doing research the last few days and I think I’m slowly getting more confident in what I want and I want to approach him with this! I am already fully aware of some things I want to explore and boundaries I’ll have and I’m not worried about him breaking those boundaries! Has anyone here ever started a Dom/sub relationship with a long term partner and how did you bring it up and ease into it? Thankyou all! 

Posted

Just be open and honest with him about what you want. It maybe he doesnt want the same thing, in which case you need to decide what is more important to you or see if he will be happy with you exploring that side of you with others.

Posted

I'd advice to be open with him. Most of the time the reaction is far less negative that we expect. Kink is a rather diffuser topic even if Tabu. I'm sure he has some fetishes himself. Be open discuss it and take it from there. I had a similar situation with my ex and she agreed to try many things, some she likes, some she didn't. I'm a relationship it's more important someone's, to enjoy the company of the partner and for that you may do things that you are not super fan of. Have fun und wish you a positive response. Please also not that it's not that easy to be a good Dom

Posted

Thankyou for the replies people! I spoke to him briefly last night about it after some liquid courage and we’ve agreed to have a chat tomorrow and see what interests us and what we’d definitely be up for trying and definite no areas! Thankyou all for the kind support to a newbie xo