Ready-to-use hanging devices in a room? Curtain rod?

BDSM_King

Posted

I asked about one kink/thrill thing of having a girl tied naked in a public place with many people (but not in front of people). 

Another thing I'm looking at is hanging a girl in a hotel room. If I can bring hanging devices into the hotel, that will be much better, but my guess is hotel rooms typically don't have much places on the ceiling where I can use things like hooks and rings to place the ropes.

So I'm thinking about curtain rods in hotel rooms, especially I would love to hang a girl naked, most preferably hanging in a simple upside-down position, in front of windows. Very kinky. But I'm worried whether curtain rods can take such a girl's weight (the models I'm interested in shooting with typically have weight around 50kg or 100lb). 

So do you think any types of curtain rods can take her weight? What types can't? Any other options of hanging a girl in a hotel room (not necessarily in front of a window)?

I'm less worried about being seen by others, not because I and the models would like to be seen, but we agree that such risk is relatively low. However, I would still appreciate any suggestions about avoiding to be seen. (I had tied girls and let them stand naked in front of floor-to-ceiling windows at 2nd or 3rd or 4th floors, no dramas, and I certainly prefer the thrill of having a girl tied naked in front of lower-floor windows). 

Posted

So - basically.  No.

Don't suspend people from curtain rails in hotel rooms.

If you want to do any form of suspension in a hotel room then take with you one of the suspension frames to assemble. 

Posted
The only thing I'd ever hang off a curtain rail is washing .that's one of the most stupidest ideas I've ever read ffs
Posted

No one should ever be suspended from curtain poles! Also do you know what your doing? Suspension is extremely dangerous if not done correctly! No offence intended but you used the term hanging!! 

Posted
18 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So - basically.  No.

Don't suspend people from curtain rails in hotel rooms.

If you want to do any form of suspension in a hotel room then take with you one of the suspension frames to assemble. 

I just checked how much weight curtain rods can take, apparently not enough. I can take my own suspension devices, but is there any place on the ceiling where I can hang a girl?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Bathblonde said:

No one should ever be suspended from curtain poles! Also do you know what your doing? Suspension is extremely dangerous if not done correctly! No offence intended but you used the term hanging!! 

Sorry I meant suspension bondage, but I'm somehow more used to the word hanging than suspending. Anyway, I just searched and saw curtain rods can't take human weight. Do you have recommendations on where on the ceiling I can suspend a girl?

Posted
1 minute ago, BDSM_King said:

I just checked how much weight curtain rods can take, apparently not enough. I can take my own suspension devices, but is there any place on the ceiling where I can hang a girl?

no - and that's not how suspension devices work.

Posted
I'm not being funny but you're calling yourself BDSM King but you're asking about hooks in hotel ceilings & suspending a woman from a curtain pole - you need to give your fantasies a bit of a reality check & look at what is realistic & possible & not just coming up with wild ideas like hooks & rings in hotel ceilings & look in to the actual logistics of what you are suggesting & what you want to do before you hurt someone or end up with a big repair bill from a hotel
Posted
12 minutes ago, Pete46 said:

The only thing I'd ever hang off a curtain rail is washing .that's one of the most stupidest ideas I've ever read ffs

Yea I do know this sounds stupid, but I have searched the photos of many hotels, and none of them have shown any places I can suspend a girl on the ceiling.

Maybe in a 2-storey suite I can suspend a girl by the stair, but I'm really not a fan of it.

Posted
1 minute ago, BDSM_King said:

Sorry I meant suspension bondage, but I'm somehow more used to the word hanging than suspending. Anyway, I just searched and saw curtain rods can't take human weight. Do you have recommendations on where on the ceiling I can suspend a girl?

If you knew what you were doing I’d doubt you'd ask if you could “hang” someone from a curtain pole!  Please be careful please ask your model if they have any underlying health conditions as they can be exacerbated by suspension not to mention nerve damage which can occur in seconds. Ive no advice for you other than that. Stay safe 

Posted
Just now, BDSMkinkydom said:

I'm not being funny but you're calling yourself BDSM King but you're asking about hooks in hotel ceilings & suspending a woman from a curtain pole - you need to give your fantasies a bit of a reality check & look at what is realistic & possible & not just coming up with wild ideas like hooks & rings in hotel ceilings & look in to the actual logistics of what you are suggesting & what you want to do before you hurt someone or end up with a big repair bill from a hotel

Well, the thing is: (1) a username is just a username, no one cares, I can just call myself Boris Johnson or Mr Bean or whatever; (2) I actually had occasionally seen photos of women being suspended upside-down in front of a hotel window, but the photo quality is too low for me to figure out what devices they used or what things in hotel room can help, but looks like there are places and ways where such things are doable.

Posted

Okay, edit:

(1) I just searched and saw curtain rods can't take human weight;

(2) I actually had seen women being suspended upside-down (foot-up, head-down) in front of a hotel window, but the quality is too low for me to figure out how they did that, but looks like it is doable somehow;

(3) I meant suspend a person not hang a person, for fuck's sake you can't be serious to think I mean hang by neck.

Posted
Just now, BDSM_King said:

Okay, edit:

(1) I just searched and saw curtain rods can't take human weight;

(2) I actually had seen women being suspended upside-down (foot-up, head-down) in front of a hotel window, but the quality is too low for me to figure out how they did that, but looks like it is doable somehow;

(3) I meant suspend a person not hang a person, for fuck's sake you can't be serious to think I mean hang by neck.

Use the correct terminology and then maybe the reaction wouldn’t be as strong! Ive never heard a Rigger use the term hanging. Suspension as i said before can be dangerous i was merely voicing concern. Just my opinion is all 

Posted

So. How I would do this. If this was something I wanted to do.

I would find the place I wanted to hire and I would scout it for space and dimensions (i.e. this means booking the room in advance just to sleep in)

If it was somewhere I deemed suitable - I would return again with model, a rigger and equipment and a suspension frame.

I would take empty shots of the space where the model will be.

I would set up the suspension frame.

I would have the rigger tie and monitor her while I took the pictures as quickly as possible before the rigger unties her.  

In post-production I would edit the frame out using photoshop, using the empty shots to help me.  (I might add in something else that it appears she is hung from)

Not to be funny - but if you were either a rigger or a photographer YOU WOULD KNOW THIS

Posted
2 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So. How I would do this. If this was something I wanted to do.

I would find the place I wanted to hire and I would scout it for space and dimensions (i.e. this means booking the room in advance just to sleep in)

If it was somewhere I deemed suitable - I would return again with model, a rigger and equipment and a suspension frame.

I would take empty shots of the space where the model will be.

I would set up the suspension frame.

I would have the rigger tie and monitor her while I took the pictures as quickly as possible before the rigger unties her.  

In post-production I would edit the frame out using photoshop, using the empty shots to help me.  (I might add in something else that it appears she is hung from)

Not to be funny - but if you were either a rigger or a photographer YOU WOULD KNOW THIS

Actually I have never really played any hanging or suspension devices *by myself*. All I have done is to go to the office of some bondage studio, and the suspension stuff would have been already set up and all I had to do was to tie her up and just one or two or three extra ropes will do the suspension or hanging stuff.

No any setup of suspension frames needed, and I major PhotoShop editing needed either, except for minor things like making photos lighter or darker, as I could just request to set up the room in whatever way I desire.

Yea, maybe I should learn some more about setting those frames first. I don't have much idea how to do those.

Posted
I have questions
1. What rigging experience do you have?
2. Who is your mentor in terms of rigging?
3. What classroom lessons have you attended (not the online ones)?
4. How long have you been rigging?
5. Have you ever done suspension?
6. How long have you known and been tying the individual you're suggesting you hang/suspend (whatever)?
7. Is s/he on this app as I'd really like to chat to them (as I'm sure others here would also)
Posted
20 minutes ago, BDSM_King said:

Actually I have never really played any hanging or suspension devices *by myself*. All I have done is to go to the office of some bondage studio, and the suspension stuff would have been already set up and all I had to do was to tie her up and just one or two or three extra ropes will do the suspension or hanging stuff.

No any setup of suspension frames needed, and I major PhotoShop editing needed either, except for minor things like making photos lighter or darker, as I could just request to set up the room in whatever way I desire.

Yea, maybe I should learn some more about setting those frames first. I don't have much idea how to do those.

ALL you had to do was to tie her up says a lot.

Posted

So. If you are doing shoots in bondage studios - there will be people in these studios who can probably lend you the gear so you don't even need to buy it - and - you could even probably borrow someone with those skills to set up.

I personally don't believe a model would allow an amateur tog to take her to a hotel room and tie her up unaccompanied anyway.  The models may have some people they trust that can be involved.

You probably would have less control of setting up a hotel room how you like it for the shot - given some of the furniture will be fixed or difficult to move - and - that it may be difficult to bring in a full lighting set up.   For the shots it sounds like you want - it might be a good idea to get the photoshop etc skills first before trying something adventurous. 

In general - it feels like there's a lot you can learn from some simple googles : which I'm not using to deflect - but there are a whole bunch of ready made resources which would make a better deep delve.

Posted

1 hour ago, BDSM_King said:

Well, the thing is: (1) a username is just a username, no one cares, I can just call myself Boris Johnson or Mr Bean or whatever

Well, the thing is: you can't. Fetish.com has a clear Code of Conduct which forbids you from misleading other members.

If you call yourself Boris Johnson or any other known name which doesn't belong to you, you're being misleading.

If you call yourself RedHeadedBull and you're a blond, you're being misleading.

If you call yourself NineInchHorny and have a micro-cock, you're being misleading.

If you call yourself MasterRigger and aren't a genuine top-notch Master at rigging, you are being misleading.

If you call yourself BDSM_King yet your BDSM experience does not reflect such a title, you are being misleading.

And funnily enough, here the same as with most places, people care about being misled - or community safeguarding rules being broken.

It seems as though you are genuinely trying to learn. This is great, an attitude which more people could do to take on board. You acknowledge what you don't know, which is brilliant, far more than many do and I wish I saw more of that here. Moving forward I might suggest giving consideration to how you come across when you're shooting down people who are trying to help/look out for you and the people you might be working with. There is a lot of valuable knowledge and insight to be garnered. 

Posted
This is a true story. Back in the late 1980's there was a guy on the fringes who called himself a photographer. He used to approach girls/models with the intention of doing "Predicament" photo shoots. At first all seemed reasonable, he paid the girls well, and produced some interesting work.
That was until he left a girl hanging over a stairwell when he panicked after he realised he couldn't cut her down, and she strangled to death. She was 19 years old. He was sentenced to 10 years for manslaughter.
I cannot believe, in this current climate, in a lifestyle that has evolved since then to be protective of ALL those involved, that people have responded and actually offered advice or solutions to this fucking idiotic post. I have freely admitted I know nothing of rope, or its mechanisms, but you don't need a Degree in mechanical engineering to figure out this is complete lunacy. Forgive me for being blunt, or not, but if someone actually asks questions of this kind the response should be short and sharp: Stop. Stop Now.
Nothing else, no advice on how it can be done, possible ways to achieve it, or anything else that makes you feel as though you are being helpful and/or empathetic. If anyone knows the OP they should take him aside and restrict his access to anyone who could possibly fall for his ideas.
Posted
Curtain rods? Really? You have to anchor all points From load bearing areas. Ceiling joists reirn***d with 2x4 slats bolted in between the joists Will work but not in a hotel room. Don't risk it. Research and development my friend

Posted
Based on your comments you dont have a fucking clue what you are talking about, because even a novice rigger would use different terminiology and wouldnt be asking these basic questions on here, they be asking or have asked other riggers in classes, and already know what you need and that curtain poles are far from suitable enough to suspend someone from.

You would also know about suspension frames and the amount of space required to set one up, and that most hotel rooms simply do not have the space required for the footprimt ofthe frame let alone space to tie the model without significant movement of the furniture.

Any professional or knowledgeable rope bunny/model you plan to tie will be asking all the question copperknob asked and a lot more besides. They will want to see examples of your work and potentially a demo of your skills in a safe environment, or insist on a rigger being chaperone and doing the tying.
Posted
On 11/24/2021 at 8:30 PM, BDSM_King said:

You're kidding right????????

You have never done suspension and you're talking about doing inverted suspension and curtain poles. You need to take a step back and go learn how this is done properly. I spent years learning how to suspend and fly people (as in have someone flying through the air) and I did it for a living. You don't take risks with this kind of thing. A multitude of things can go wrong, and when they do, they will go very wrong, very quickly. 

What would you do if you had a submissive suspended by her ankles and she had a panic attack?
What would happen if you had a submissive suspended mid air and YOU were incapacitated for some reason?

Seriously as a couple of people have said, and you have admitted yourself, you don't know what you're doing with this so don't even contemplate it. Go and learn, properly. Don't become a statistic by killing someone through your own ignorance.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Ok having read the post from start to finish, my thoughts ........ I totally agree with TheScribe, STOP, STOP NOW!

1. for those of us trained in suspension shibari, YOU NEVER SUSPEND ANYONE ON YOUR OWN this is the first rule you learn.

2. the assistant or second is also trained in suspension shibari and is there to provide support to the first and the model 

3. a full understanding of ground rope work is needed before progressing on to suspension

4. a full understanding of what equipment is required for any and all rope work (and I dont mean just having a safe way to cut away ropes)

5. if rope interests you, go to a local rope dojo/training centre, dont watch you tube and fudge your way through it.

6. get the right books on the subject of shibari, there are loads out there, and READ THEM.

7. go to shibari events, meet the more seasoned shibari professionals

8. think about what you are going to do, plan it in detail, discuss it with the people involved in detail, and emphasise the emergency procedures.

9, if you can't for-fill any of the above 8 simple points. STOP NOW !!!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO HURT SOMEONE

Posted

Honestly the idea of suspending 100lb plus from an object designed to hold less than a quarter of that weight in itself is inherently flawed from a logical perspective. 

How would you react if someone suggested you might like to bungee jump using some string? 🤔🤷‍♀️