My Submission Is Mine

CopperKnob

Posted
I don't want to show you my submission.
I don't want to reveal that part of me.
It's carefully hidden away in a box.

The box is locked, but on the inside is a very soft, snuggly blanket that's wrapped around my ability to trust and to align my will with yours. No matter where the box goes, what lies inside will be safe. It's precious and breakable. Delicate and fragile. Regardless of what comes, I will protect it at all costs.

Instead, I will show you my soul. I'll draw the curtains on the windows of my mind and let you see the chaos within. I will share the parts of me that most try to hide. I will be called brave and thanked for my honesty. I will be told the imagery of my words resonates and are relatable.

But I will not show you my submission if you haven't dug into my mind to find where that box is hidden. If you haven't put my mind at ease, calmed the chaos, nor given me a safe haven, I cannot show you and so I will not.

Where there is no effort there is no return. When you do not see me, when you only see what you want to see, you do not get to see the whole me. Without trust, without building a relationship, without proving that my vulnerability is safe, you will only ever be on the outside looking in.

So go ahead, put yourself in my posts. Make bold claims that you know who I am. Envision every word and let it resonate with you. Feel like you know me, and reach out to touch what you see.

I don't want to show you my submission, but I will show you my scars. I will show you my cuts, abrasions and ***. I will show you compassion and tenderness.
You just won't see my submission. It's mine and I keep it close.
Posted
Remember what you said in my post the other day? Right back at you - words from my mind only written much more eloquently. X
Posted
1 hour ago, Freetobare said:
Remember what you said in my post the other day? Right back at you - words from my mind only written much more eloquently. X

No more eloquently, different words, same meaning/outcome x

Posted
beautiful @Copperknob, your writtenings remind me of how I have felt. It takes a pretty special person to come in wrap them selves into our world, mind and body. However they are out there and when we find each other it is amazing.