What is in a name.

Ch****

Posted

I was wondering  how people  picked there name to ues on here. I have come across some cool names.

Mines just part of my 1st name 

Posted
Kinky minds are very creative 😜
Posted
Mines comes from a username generator tool out on the web
Posted
It's related to my hobby, best phrase I could think of.
Cheekysub247
Posted
Mine is because I am cheeky 😉, submissive and I'm 24/7 minded rather than bedroom only x
Posted
It's manipulation/variation of the Portuguese version of my pagan name
Posted
Hmmm now let me think why did I choose it again? 🤔 🤣
Posted
Chose mine because of past experiences as I've previously been in two cuckold relationships in chastity and used as pleasure giver
MisstressStorm
Posted

My name came outta my one and only sub experience - Storm ⛈️ was born and Mistress is owning her Domination 😈

Posted
Given by women and their logic made sense
Posted
Mine came from a character from a sci-fi show back in the early 2000s. We have similar personality traits
Posted

I’ve been known on the scene for years as ArchAngel (still am on some sites including the book of faces) but over the years it’s been shortened to Arch. Arch wasn’t available so I swapped the A to a 4 as it’s close enough.

Posted

My name came about because i once stumbled upon the word concupiscence and liked it. Then when i signed up for FetLife, I played around with the word and found out that cupio means "I desire", which seemed pretty fitting. And the name just stuck.

At the time I had just watched Zorro and considered switching the "con" for "Don", but Don Cupio doesn't really fit me - I'm far more a viking than a Spanish noble 

Posted

I have been told on multiple occasion’s that my voice is soft and ‘mesmerising’……. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:
I meant to pick Coppertop as it's Cockley rhyming slang but got confused, wrote CopperKnob and it's stuck 🤣😂

Having just Googled and seen some of the urban dictionary definitions of Copper Top I would count yourself lucky to have got confused 🤣😂

Posted
2 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Having just Googled and seen some of the urban dictionary definitions of Copper Top I would count yourself lucky to have got confused 🤣😂

OMG!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Though, also an alcoholic beverage which is fitting as it's Friday!!

Posted

Mine comes from being a massive Lady Gaga fan.....she calls her fans little monsters hence where lil-monster came from 😍

Posted
6 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

OMG!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Though, also an alcoholic beverage which is fitting as it's Friday!!

Chin chin 😊

Posted

an electronic band from Mexico called Rabia Sorda have a song called 'Eye M The Blacksheep' - I kinda, just. Like the song. And it became apt when I was looking for a user name some 10 years ago.

Some sample lyric

Nothing can silence this blacksheep now
'Cause I don't have two faces
No one puts a price to my soul
'Cause I will die naked
Listen to the voices calling out
We're going to be free

Posted (edited)

I, as a young child, was infected by reading The Lord of the Rings and for years thereafter every name I made was in an (poorly understood) imitation of elvish conventions. I've gotten a little less elaborate over the years, but I still stick to an aesthetic. This isn't a conscious choice; I'm just trying to make the name "sound good" and "sound like a name", but looking at what I've come up with, patterns emerge. 

My names will almost always be three syllables with primary stress on the first one. I prefer exclusively light syllables, although I cheat the final syllable by using a sonorant coda to make a false dipthong. (One of my names breaks these rules by having stress on the final syllable which has a true dipthong and an N coda for superheavy status.) I then try to diversify my consonant types, i.e. if I already have a sibilant I won't use another, and I tend to alternate "softer" (sibilant, liquid) and "harder" (stops, fricatives) types. Exactly one of the syllables will have a complex onset.

There isn't exactly a meaning behind the name, but there is a feeling to it. The name needs to feel good to say and to hear. 

Edited by Setrion
Found a counterexample of a complex onset in the third syllable and had to update the rule