Safewords

Ca****

Posted
I’d always use a safe word. Unless your certain you have no limits
tieyoudown1968
Posted
Always told my subs to pick a safeword
Posted
It really depends on the relationship the D and S have cultivated, ita entirely down to them, Limits should always be discussed. X
Posted
A safe word is a must cause if not then someone can get hurt
Posted
It's all something to be discussed with your partner really relatively speaking having one is the safer option, but if you are comfortable not having one and when you both can realize something is too much then it's okay not to have one but for first times with things I'd definitely say having one is better
Posted
Safe words are extremely important and always necessary. Even if you never need to use it, it’s an important way of stopping scenes from causing potentially lasting trauma.
Posted
Always have a safe word unless you have been playing for years and years with the same person and know everything about their reactions and limits and how they will react. Being safe is much more important than anything else. As a Dom I know that really sub is in control. If she uses a safe word everything stops immediately, and we talk. It’s empowering that knowledge.
NowIAmTheMaster
Posted
I prefer to use the traffic light system with my subs, but an emergency safeword is something I always insist they have
Posted
Well a safeword is for both sides, dom and sub so in my opinion it’s essential. Its a big indicator, if a sub is less verbal then maybe a hand signal or a specific physical contact such as squeezing the dom on the hand can be used. No safeword/indicator at all is a big no go though
Posted
Safewords are extremely strange to me. Obviously, if the dominant demands use of them, I must comply. But, true story, one of my owners came up with a safeword for me to use - it was Pineapple. But, I never had to use it, until one day that I needed to and I couldn't remember the safeword she came up with. My take on it is that if you're in any relationship with someone, that person should have a good understanding of when he/she surpassed your limit/boundary. Otherwise, to me, it's not really a relationship; it's a transaction. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Posted

Safewords are important for both sides of the slash. There are *some* people who don't use them in specific circumstances but they're usually, and imo should only be, with long time well established partners with a *lot* of work, discussing, and trust happening before hand. 

Tops/Dominants can and should safeword just a freely as bottoms/submissives. I'm fond of the traffic light system myself and using check ins when necessary/appropriate. 

Posted
I would say it's fine if you've known each other for a long time, or the dominant partner can recognize when consent is no longer given for whatever reason, but that's just my opinion.
Posted
To me safety is always key. If you don't want to use a safe word then you should still have a way of communicating so that everyone is comfortable and safe.
Posted
Better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have one ☝️
Posted
Honestly, I like having a safeword even for purely vanilla sex. It's not that I think it'll ever come up, but I think it's just a good practice to have a way to communicate, with absolutely zero confusion, when something needs to stop immediately. When I worked around some potentially dangerous machinery, every machine had an emergency shutoff. I've never seen them used, but they're there for a reason, and this is the same concept. It costs a lot less to have one and not use it than the converse.
Posted
As a dom myself it's more of a between the dom and sub sort of thing. In other words safe words don't have to be used. It's not like not using them or using them will remove fun. Play at the trust and respect between the dom and sub
Posted
I would see it as a must, but to each their own. If you feel better about having a safe word then you should insist on one. If a Dom/Domme ever tries to tell a sub that it's not needed...RED FLAG.
Posted
Hell no. Safe words should always be mandatory.

There is enough risk that comes with a Dom/Sub dynamic without removing one of the only controls.