Safewords

Ca****

Posted
I guess it would have to depend on how "intense" the session would be but in my opinion its in the best interest of both parties for both emotional and physical safety
Posted
I'd see it as a red flag if anyone refused one
Posted
I wouldn’t ever be with a dom that doesn’t respect or believe in safe words
Posted
Every situation is probably different, but I had the same Dom for over 20 years. FWB. We saw each other about once a month for BDSM. She got to know and understand me to the point that she could tell immediately if she was exceeding what I could tolerate, so we never had a safe word. However, with a new Dom, I would want one. At least for a while.
Posted
I have a safe word with my Dom but never used it. He knows me well enough if I’m not comfortable with something and I can just stop and say if I’m not happy too. I have ***ful conditions so can’t always do everything.
Posted
Should always have a safe word or phrase of some sort and if your Dom says no to that then that’s a huge 🚩
Posted
Better to have it and not use it than to not have it and need it.
Posted
Always have a safeword, even if just for emergencies. Even in a CNC context there should be a safeword. If anyone ever tries to tell you that you don't need one that is a redflag if younare doing anything involving rope, restraints, impact, edgeplay, etc. Safe, sane and consensual should always be the rule :)
Posted
I'd say having a safe word for both is a good idea, to get to know each other's limits.
Posted
If you really trust your Dom, and they already know your limits, then it should be alright. I always find it safer to have one just in case
Posted
As a Dom, my subs are required to have a safe word. I believe it keeps both players within safe limits and nothing goes overboard.
Posted
I don’t have a safe word because in the event I need it I know for certain I won’t be able to remember and if I waste time trying to remember what it was things will go bad very quickly.
Posted
I would never enter into any relationship with out full understanding of the safe word, the gesture when you can not speak, etc. it doesn’t matter cnc, or the hardest fantasies. Personally I think the dom is not a actual healthy dom if they refuse to allow a safe word, like they probably have no real clue what it means to submit.
Posted
I think a safe word is absolutely necessary -
Posted
If you wouldn't be comfortable with not having a safe word in one side of the equation, I can't imagine you should be, or expected to be, comfortable without one on the other end.

Even if it's a situation you don't think you will need it, it's a good conversation to have with a possible partner to set boundaries and protect yourself and your possible partner.
Posted
No safeword means no limits. That's a discussion you both need to have.
Posted
Not a great idea. Even if physical risk is low, there is always emotional risk. You need a way to tag out. Just my two cents.
DarkArts1066
Posted
Ask yourself - why have you always used a safeword as a Domme ?
….. that’s your answer… pure and simple.
Posted
If it makes you feel safe then agree one. If a Dom refuses then avoid!!! I don’t tend to have them because I’m a sensual Domme. But if a sub says they want me to push them on something then I give them one as I feel better if I know they can stop me if it’s gone too far. Although not always necessary, if a sub wants one they should always have one.
Posted
unless you don't want to have one then you always should. They are there to allow a safty net, they benefit both sides if used well
Posted
Even in a non dom/sub situation I feel like there should be safe words. It helps everyone be safe while having fun.
Posted
Any D/s dynamic should never be entered into without an established safeword in place. It is absolutely paramount for the safety & protection of both the sub & the Dom/Domme.
Posted
There always has to be a safeword/signal! Consent and safety are paramount.