“A Daddy is forever,” and I miss mine..

se****

Posted
Personally, this is the hardest dynamic to grieve.
He was my Daddy as long as I was his babygirl.
My loudest cheerleader and my confidant. My guide stripped away because it was time to say our goodbyes. Capped on the lessons to be taught, capped on the advice I was able to receive.

As a babygirl, my goal is to grow. My wish has always been to grow. To be guided in the areas in my life where I feel no certainty.

But then there comes a point where a Daddy finds himself unable to provide the support that his babygirl needs. Where babygirl has come to a point in her life where Daddy cannot advice any further in specific aspects in her life. Where babygirl finds herself needing to seek guidance from someone with more experience in the areas she is wanting to focus her growing in.

I think it is rarely talked about.
“He is a Daddy as long as I am his babygirl,” and we have reached a point. Where our thank you’s and our goodbyes are exchanged. Where we find ourselves needing to grieve. But separately.

How do other babygirl’s handle this grief? This princess really needs some advice..
Posted
I assure you it’s a time of loss and mourning for daddies as well. The only way to cope is to be thankful for the amazing times you had together and to keep a little spot in your heart that will always be theirs. Sending supportive hugs.
Posted
I don’t know what happened and I’m not great with words but he was foolish to let you go, heal soon young lady and stay beautiful always
Posted
It’s the hard part babygirls don’t like to think about. But we all know that it can ultimately happen…
Posted
you never hurt the things you love unless they deserve it, and unless you can kiss it better and hold it tight. if you can find a person who lives your demons then hang on with everything you hot
Posted
2 hours ago, selenophilicnani said:
It’s the hard part babygirls don’t like to think about. But we all know that it can ultimately happen…

It happens both ways. Littles outgrow their daddy also. Sadly.

Posted
I think I get it, and it does seems hard to let go - good luck on your journey
Posted

Nani... first of all make some time for yourself, do not get caught up into what others want from you, take some YOU time to process things. Something that will also help you is to make some arts and crafts as a remambrance of your time together.. this can be a collage of pictures, a poem you write or even a collection of drawings you made yourself, there are lots more remambrance arts and crafts options like this. Also like with any grievance period it really helps to talk about it. (but im pretty sure you already know this) Surround yourself with people who lub you for who you are and are not looking for "favors" from you (you know who they are) and just take your time to heal.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dutch013 said:

Nani... first of all make some time for yourself, do not get caught up into what others want from you, take some YOU time to process things. Something that will also help you is to make some arts and crafts as a remambrance of your time together.. this can be a collage of pictures, a poem you write or even a collection of drawings you made yourself, there are lots more remambrance arts and crafts options like this. Also like with any grievance period it really helps to talk about it. (but im pretty sure you already know this) Surround yourself with people who lub you for who you are and are not looking for "favors" from you (you know who they are) and just take your time to heal.

Thank you, Dutchy🫂🖤

Posted
I’ve been here before. Awww sorry! It sucks but you’ll be okay. *hugs*
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
I have had one other daddy that was my first love. When we broke up, I completely changed. I left my baby girl side for a while and knew a huge piece was missing, but I lost something so great- it broke my heart and a piece of me went. In more ways than one, I carry this trauma with me despite this being years old. I’m deeply afraid of being abandoned because “always and forever”, right? I have a deep belief everything happens for a reason, regardless if we want it to. In my opinion, these relationships are harder to heal due to the level of intimacy and how deep the bond is intended to be. My Daddy and I have both had traumatic experiences and have broken up twice. Both times, I felt my heart break all over again and again. It destroyed me. How I healed from the first time? I devoted my time elsewhere.

Talking has helped the most.