Daddy vs dom?

li****

Posted
Yes. And there are softDoms too
Posted
It does. Daddy's are usually more like care givers. Their job is to help you regress and do cute things and take care of you when you feel small.
Dom's is a general term used for the whole Dominant aspect. It can vary on His personality traits and kinks and such.
Posted
If He likes using Daddy during Playtime, it's just a preference thing mostly. Or ageplay
Posted
Personally I think being a daddy allows one to be more caring. Being a master is a little more strict imo.
Posted
Master usually means He likes to be in control 24/7. It's more the Master/slave dynamics. He is probably rougher too
Posted
DDLG ( Daddy's ) shouldn't be sexual. It's supposed to be able to help Little AND Daddy kinda relax and regress as needed.

Masters are still caring but it's a....darker side I guess? If that helps?
Posted
For me when I’d Dom and it’s between Mistress and Mommy, usually it depends on the context of the scene. For everyone it’s different as to what they prefer. There’s no like strict definition
Posted
Thank you everyone for sharing! I am still learning ☺️☺️
Posted
Yes and learning is very important in this lifestyle.
Posted
What a person likes to be called is seperate from using a word to give people an idea of the kinds of things they're into / what you can expect from them. I'd say if you're ever in a situation where its unclear, just ask :) generally though, daddy is more closely related to DDLG style dynamic, Master is not, and other contexts come into play too. Or it could be personal preference. I prefer being called daddy regardless because for me personally, because master gives me the ick and being called daddy gets me hard 🤷‍♂️
Posted
A daddy is a daddy dominant. Sometimes referred to a a soft Dom or gentle Dom that I've come across but can also be sadistic. My take from encountering multiple "Daddy Doms" is that they're quite focussed on the caring and support for their sub thus "daddy". Some DDlg dynamics include age play as well, but many don't. They're separate dynamics that can be combined if it works for both.
Posted
Daddy’s are what some consider a “soft dom”, the truth in that is we are more caring, loving, supportive than your typical dom. we are still doms, but typically take joy in helping our subs become the best version of themselves. Being a safe space and supportive in their growth in kink and the dynamic. We will design rules to help achieve goals and to help a sub take care of her etc
Posted

I agree with the explanation above by @DaddysHere2please. I would add Dom’s want submissive people. Where Master’s want people that give up their self to their Master. He/she takes total control of their slave. Dom’s go with subs and Master’s go with slave. Totally different dynamics in these 2 relationships.

Posted
Daddy's can also be caregivers for little's it's used in a lot of different contents
Posted
In general, it sorta depends on the intention of terminology. You might have someone that calls themselves daddy because they tend to be more on the nurturing side of domming rather than the controlling side. Then you'll have those in the scene who mean it literally, as a way of saying they're looking for littles. So, id say there's definitely a difference, but better explained as a sub-category. Daddy's are just a style of domming, so to speak.
Posted
Dominant is the term to covers all the partners in the dynamic that have control. Daddy is a type of dominant so it’s master so it is ringer. it’s like saying baseball player and right fielder
Posted

There's an excellent article on what a daddy Dom is though there’s very little focus on age play and littlespace but yes i agree a Daddy Dom is a type of Dominant that wants a greater role in his subs life than sexual dominant. He seeks a mental and emotional connection with his babygirl. His is often a caregiver, mentor, protector and teacher to his sub. 

Posted
Not impressed with a few of these explanations. A Dom is a dominant in the power exchange dynamic. A Master is the owner of a sub or slave. A Master technically should be trained via apprenticeship but the internet age has all but obliterated the kink community as it used to be and apprenticeships along with it, unfortunately. A Daddy and a Daddy Dom are completely different. A Daddy often refers to a Sugar Daddy (but amazingly not always). A Daddy Dom is more important for a soft Dom who engages in age play. The term Daddy can as some suggested be used interchangeably during play or different scenarios. There is a subtle difference usually on ownership. A Daddy Dom may belong to his little girl yet he may not exert strict ownership rights over the baby girl. A Master definitely owns his property and expects rules and procedures to be followed. Hope this helps. Terms have gotten blurred with all the online players. 🙄
Posted

@nycgentledaddy said it on point for DD's we usually tend to be more affectionate cause we look for that emotional connection with our princess as for age play that's to each their own I can't speak for everyone but I feel as though most DD's don't really even do the whole age play kink

Posted
It's a type of dominant as mentioned above. Dominant means capable. Sure you need to be confident as well. But if you're confident and not capable you're just cocky/arrogant, maybe delusional when pertaining to this subject matter 🤷 ..JUST MY OBSERVATION
Posted
Also The people salmonant means in control I've seen plenty of uncapable people being a position of power and it's just people letting said person think they're in a position of power because behind the scenes when they're not around well you know the rest
Posted
Some of us like to be called either honestly for me it's what ever sounds Sexier coming out of my subs mouth ive had subs that one or the other felt a little off so I swapped to the other term
Posted
Personally I never request a name. Some have wanted to call me daddy, others sir, master. Some have told me they only say one but want to call me something new, because what is offered is new
I guess sometimes it comes down to a kink turn on as well.
Does it matter? If someone doesn't want to do something/call someone a particular thing, that's all that matters no?