Daddy vs dom?

li****

Posted
You would call that a kink wanting to be called something to actually proclaim yourself as such I think is just something I can't get on board with because I think nature decides who is dominant
Posted
Wow I'm done using voice text I said that I would call that a kink not you would call it a kink, sorry
Posted
Daddy’s tend to be a softer dom although don’t be fooled into thinking they are not real doms. Most daddy’s will encourage and support subs and will reward good behaviour. Each dom or daddy is slightly different and that’s why proper vetting and getting to know each other is important
Posted
Most important part is communication. There are some daddy's relationships that are 24/7 Meaning never Is breaking character. I'm sorry but that first comment is way off. It's not about pink call daddy. That person roll is daddy If you're in a relationship That you mutually enjoy the roplan as I do. So And that will play scenario at that moment I am daddy it's not an act. That's why it takes creativity and being comfortable with your partner. Nothing is black & white. A master could be Someone that texts you against your will in a role play Is scenario
Posted
Wow so many different opinions! I think what I’m taking from all of this is there are not really a set of rules. But we each get to decide what we want the dynamic to look like, everybody is different. And labels are just labels.
The one thing I do think should go across the board is communication, trust, and boundaries. And I think that when I do find my SP I will have an open honest conversation where we can come to an agreement on how things will look. And regular check ins are a must.
Posted
3 hours ago, functioningDgen said:
Also The people salmonant means in control I've seen plenty of uncapable people being a position of power and it's just people letting said person think they're in a position of power because behind the scenes when they're not around well you know the rest

With all due respect, if you do not know or have any experience on the questions asked. Maybe just not answer it or admit. You do not know, but you are just guessing.

Posted
Truthfully.....it's really just a word. It's more for the sub who may need a Father figure to look up to. To me....a Dom and a Daddy often cross paths. Both teach, both care for, and both are authority figures. It's the dynamic between the two that can change what the term/title Daddy means.......but it's more about the type of relationship that exists between the two.
Posted
48 minutes ago, lilsweetgirl said:
Wow so many different opinions! I think what I’m taking from all of this is there are not really a set of rules. But we each get to decide what we want the dynamic to look like, everybody is different. And labels are just labels.
The one thing I do think should go across the board is communication, trust, and boundaries. And I think that when I do find my SP I will have an open honest conversation where we can come to an agreement on how things will look. And regular check ins are a must.

Nailed it!

Posted
Lilsweetgirl, I wouldn’t say that there’s no set of rules. There actually are, but as BDSM becomes more mainstream, people tend to bend definitions and modify terms. Even a Dom can benefit from reviewing the basics and it helps in communication to have both parties using terms the same way.

Submissive Guide is a site that does a great I’d job reviewing terms and basics. Bad Girls Bible goes so far as to breakdown submissives into 18 different types. Choose your top list 15 most common roles including dynamics and activities.

I caution anybody from taking a definition from a discussion board. I’d encourage you to read the writings of people who have been in the lifestyle for 20+ years.
Posted
Daddys are super loveing and caring ie changing diapers things of that is how it works in my relationships/dynamic
Posted
Yes I did change my bio a little while ago, as I’m still learning and figuring out what I’m really looking for
Posted (edited)

There's more than Sir, Master, Daddy Dom types. There's Pleasure Doms, Primal Doms, Soft Doms(which imo are differnt from Daddy Doms, but Daddy Doms CAN be Soft Doms. They aren't exclusively DD!) etc as well. I am sure I am forgetting some types as well! Many Doms are a bit of a mix.

Like many things in life, Doms are a sort of spectrum.

ALSO I would like to point out that Daddy Doms are not EXCLUSIVELY in DD/LG dynamics as some are making it sound. There's Daddy Dom's that take NO part in age play. They are caring, supportive, and cuddly... and ALSO dominant. I myself DO NOT identify as a little. AT ALL! I am in a DD/BG dynamic, and prefer that type myself.( I have been with several of the mentioned types, btw.)

When trying to give simple explanations you people are leaving out a LOT of the variety that makes our world what it is.

Edited by locketheart
needed to add clarification
Posted
Ya’ll have this twisted. There’s not more love and caring from one type of Dom to the other. That’s something that is determined BTC the connection between two people. True that daddies tend to be softer and more coddling, but I’ve also known daddies who turn very sadistic. The only boy common thread is that they treat their sub as littles or children or even infants. The degree and amount of infant kink varies with the people. A Master is a true significant other with a great deal of responsibility and usually is very loving and emotionally attached. Even in poly households a Master has a deep love connection with each and every member of that household. A Master is often less sadistic than a Daddy Dom because a Daddy Dom is intrinsically the disciplinarian or the parent figure. The Master owns the sub or slave but only by the sub’s gift of submission to the Master. It is one of the most intense love connections I’ve ever seen. Sorry but I had to state what my experience over 20 years has shown me in reality.
Posted
Smelling like to be called both but am much more at Daddy's than I am just a dom there is a such thing as a daddy Doms as well it all depends on the caregiving and the pre play personality.
Posted
More than welcome to answer any questions about About daddy Dom category.
Posted
Wow this is so complex and deep. I am so intrigued, excited and nervous to explore all this deeper
Posted
I love how everyone has different opinions and takes to how they do things. Although not everyone agrees, I am able to see different sides and they all make sense in their own way. I think there is no right or wrong, simply it is just about what works for you.
Posted
2 hours ago, Tat2Doc said:

Ya’ll have this twisted. There’s not more love and caring from one type of Dom to the other. That’s something that is determined BTC the connection between two people. True that daddies tend to be softer and more coddling, but I’ve also known daddies who turn very sadistic. The only boy common thread is that they treat their sub as littles or children or even infants. The degree and amount of infant kink varies with the people. A Master is a true significant other with a great deal of responsibility and usually is very loving and emotionally attached. Even in poly households a Master has a deep love connection with each and every member of that household. A Master is often less sadistic than a Daddy Dom because a Daddy Dom is intrinsically the disciplinarian or the parent figure. The Master owns the sub or slave but only by the sub’s gift of submission to the Master. It is one of the most intense love connections I’ve ever seen. Sorry but I had to state what my experience over 20 years has shown me in reality.

I said nothing at all about the level of love between the people in the dynamic. Trust and love is needed for a successful long term dynamic, and subs as well as Doms have their preferences for the type of dynamic they prefer.

Posted
11 hours ago, DaddysHere2please said:
Daddy’s are what some consider a “soft dom”, the truth in that is we are more caring, loving, supportive than your typical dom. we are still doms, but typically take joy in helping our subs become the best version of themselves. Being a safe space and supportive in their growth in kink and the dynamic. We will design rules to help achieve goals and to help a sub take care of her etc

This. A Daddy can be a sadist, I know a couple including myself who are. There is warm empathy in the dynamic though.

Posted
All Daddies are Doms but not all Doms are Daddies if that helps 😂
Daddies tend to be a little softer, more nurturing, pleasure oriented but that's absolutely not true for everyone. Just like everything else in kink, it is very much something that you can make your own.
Posted
3 hours ago, lilsweetgirl said:
I love how everyone has different opinions and takes to how they do things. Although not everyone agrees, I am able to see different sides and they all make sense in their own way. I think there is no right or wrong, simply it is just about what works for you.

I think that you've captured the variances in opinions of the roles. Labels as you said earlier mean different things to different people. My best advice would be to identify within yourself, the traits in a person you are looking for, rather than any labels or honorifics they may prefer.

Posted
Yea I think that’s what I’ve come to realize. And I think the best thing I can do is just dive in and explore to see what I like
Posted
We love to give cuddles, hair strokes and forehead kisses 😌