Introducing pet play to DDLG.

Pe****

Posted
I have a small problem. I see someone from time to time and she adopts the role of bratty middle to my caregiver Daddy persona. All is well. Until she confided in me that she has long harboured a desire to introduce pet play into the dynamic. She has an affinity with wolves and gets excited by the whole primal/prey thing.
This is the problem… I have absolutely zero idea how to react to that. I feel completely pushed out of my comfort zone, but still want to encourage her to pursue this, because I care about her happiness. know I can read up online about primal/prey, so I’m not asking for specific scenario advice, I guess I’m looking for input from anyone that’s found themselves in a similar situation. Can you adapt? If something’s not in your nature, does it feel ***d, like bad acting? Should I just say “no”?
Posted
Nobody is able to tell you how to respond, so all I can say is from a personal (caregiver) perspective. As a Daddy, I see my role as one of nurture and guidance, thus such topics would be discussed considering the pros and cons; what, why, how, outcomes, etc.
Stepping outside of our comfort zones is healthy for growth, but you should know that your personal safety is also important within this as well as your instinct to protect her.
You cannot provide for her safety if yours is compromised, and she has to hear this if it concerns you.
Just my personal perspective, certainly not qualified advice. I wish you well with however you proceed.
Posted
Bad acting is only bad acting if even you don’t believe it. Instead of trying to pull the identity of the character into the mould of you, picture it as a silhouette floating in front of you with a piece of string tethering you to it. It needing to be filled. Think about how a wolf would act, how it would hunt, how it would sound, how it would run. Then get that girl out into the woods, give her a head start, then go catch her and fuck her brains out. Happy hunting.
Posted
Hey there! I'm a caregiver Daddy as well and I completely understand! For me, brattiness makes me uncomfortable and it's a process to adapt to it, while pet play I love very much.

My advice for ya is to always be honest, gentle, and open minded. You're little is trusting you, so always make sure to be 100% honest with her. Since this is uncomfortable for you, why not try it out slowly and steadily? Why not dip some toes outside the comfort zone?

If you end up hating it and she ends up loving it, always remain gentle and honest about it, and communicate with your little one and see if a type of compromise can be made. ☺️
Posted
There’s a much easier question to this.

“Am I into it?”

Daddy is one of those roles where in doesn’t necessarily imply a power role. Pet play might, primal play does. If you’re going to contend, you need to internalize that. If it isn’t for you, DON’T internalize it. Holding power you don’t want will burn you.

You may need to let her roam.
Posted
She wants pet play or primal play? Those are two different things. Can you clarify ?
Posted
Is it in your nature to experiment and try new things? Does your connection/dynamic facilitate exploration and being turned on by pleasing each other? This can be something you learn about and pursue slowly together. Perhaps framing it as a treat she gets as a reward for good behavior would ease the transition. If it's a huge turn off or boundary for you that's one thing. If it's simply an unknown remember it could potentially be amazing.
Posted

I am a wolf but Daddy to. Let her hesr a growl. Howl during play. You will feel uncomfotable until you see her reaction. Scratch her try it nothing ventured nothing gained

Posted
Yesterday at 12:35 AM, DenverKitten said:
She wants pet play or primal play? Those are two different things. Can you clarify ?

She loves the idea of pet play, and is curious about primal. No expectation that one would lead to the other.

Posted
1 hour ago, PeteNR2 said:

She loves the idea of pet play, and is curious about primal. No expectation that one would lead to the other.

Okay, thank you for clarifying. I used to do kitten play, and it can be very similar to DDlg. The idea of the dominant taking care of needs while the submissive gets to be a care free pet. The activities maybe different, lounging in the sun as opposed to coloring, for example. I think it is inherently still a caregiver situation and you might be able to transition to it pretty seamlessly. Ask her what kind of things she wants to do as a wolf and try them out.
On the other hand, primal play is pretty different. To me, at least, it’s pretty sexual. The primal play I have engaged in is an ***istic form of CNC. Maybe you can adapt it to more of a playful “hunt” and see how you feel about it. This seems like it would be more of a stretch from your comfort zone than pet play.

GoingDown777
Posted
12 hours ago, DenverKitten said:

Okay, thank you for clarifying. I used to do kitten play, and it can be very similar to DDlg. The idea of the dominant taking care of needs while the submissive gets to be a care free pet. The activities maybe different, lounging in the sun as opposed to coloring, for example. I think it is inherently still a caregiver situation and you might be able to transition to it pretty seamlessly. Ask her what kind of things she wants to do as a wolf and try them out.
On the other hand, primal play is pretty different. To me, at least, it’s pretty sexual. The primal play I have engaged in is an ***istic form of CNC. Maybe you can adapt it to more of a playful “hunt” and see how you feel about it. This seems like it would be more of a stretch from your comfort zone than pet play.

100%

GoingDown777
Posted
I play both as a sub. Hit me up and I can give you ideas and scenarios.