Is this normal?!

Artep

Posted

As a side note, I thought that I should address the difference between "sub" and "slave"---even though no true distinction has ever been defined.  It is true that all slaves are subs, but not all subs are slaves.  Nevertheless, many folks still see the terms as interchangeable.  This was especially true, a couple decades ago.  Even more confusing, there is no exact definition of a "slave".  Here are a couple of the tropes that I have observed:

For many, "slave" refers to anyone in a 24/7 dynamic.  This is not necessarily true, as not all 24/7 relationships are Master/slave.

More commonly though, "slave" refers to someone playing as a servant or menial---typically in a "high protocol" setting.  Often, they wear a collar, to denote their status.  This could be full-time, but is more often just part-time.  A person may play the role of "slave" for only a couple/few hours at a time, once or twice a week.  The rest of the time, they are living their own lives.  They may even have a sub or slave of their own, when not serving their "Master".  At one time, this was not uncommon.

A third concept of "slave" seems more connected with play-parties and fetish events.  During such events, anyone wearing a collar and be led by a leash, is seen as a slave.

OK, is everyone thoroughly confused?  I am sure that there are more images of a "slave", that I have not mentioned.  Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Miss_Sarina
Posted

"he announced me as his slave! which is fine by me." This for me is a HUGE red flag on both sides BTW.  You are is sub when you both agree to it, and a slave is even a bigger commitment, how can someone  be consider a slave  (one sided) ?? something is not right with this picture. 

Newbiesub868
Posted
On 5/30/2021 at 7:22 AM, Artep said:

I'm a submissive, have been for many years but now is the first time I'm acting on it! I recently met a master online . I insisted on meeting him face to face first but he said he was busy and after a couple of pictures he announced me as his slave! which is fine by me. He said since I'm so new to everything we should take things very slow and be just friends in between the scenes ( online scenes so far) and he hadn't said anything about meeting up. I was wondering if this is normal. Shouldn't he be more eager to get physical with me?!!

I am seriously uncomfortable with this person.  He wants to take it slow, yet he announced you as his slave without discussing this with.  That is bad in so many ways to me.  One, sub and slave are 2 very different things.  Are you really ok giving up total control to someone e who hasn't met you in person, didn't ask you about it and therefore he hasn't discussed any limits safe words etc and you feel it is safe to do so?  Run away 

Posted

@Newbiesub868 and @Thebian

Seem to have this right.

You can't be commanded to be a sub or a slave. Anybody doing so does not understand much about D/s.

Sadly I *** you are being catfished.