The internet of things

Goober-9862

Posted

So yep

Guests can browse the forum but cannot see even the profile pictures

Profile pictures also cannot be NSFW - non-verified members cannot see NSFW photos

Full information on data collection, usage, storage and retention is within the privacy policy which is here : https://www.fetish.com/policy/popup/true/

The shortest explanation is no data is retained beyond it's legal obligation.

Posted

To be clear, I am not suggesting there is a problem with this site or how it is managed, etc.. had I thought that, I would not have joined and paid to have a better experience. 

My thoughts where more general in regards to content type, personal anonymity, why to share, why not, preferences on sharing and what you share and when.

I joined, stayed and paid more due to the people in the community rather than the site itself.  The creators have also gone above and beyond in trying to make sure you are welcomed and that they take PCI and PII data seriously. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Goober-9862 said:

To be clear, I am not suggesting there is a problem with this site or how it is managed, etc.. had I thought that, I would not have joined and paid to have a better experience. 

My thoughts where more general in regards to content type, personal anonymity, why to share, why not, preferences on sharing and what you share and when.

I joined, stayed and paid more due to the people in the community rather than the site itself.  The creators have also gone above and beyond in trying to make sure you are welcomed and that they take PCI and PII data seriously. 

As well as trying to get an understanding of how some may be more confident and open in such a forum, that is internet based and even with the utmost scrutiny your information can and will generally live forever here on the interwebs. 

Posted

Thank you everyone who has participated to date, I find the conversation intriguing and informative, I hope to hear more.

Posted

What does the internet of things has to do with that? Are your pronouns toaster and alarm clock? ;)

Posted
2 hours ago, Gidorra said:

What does the internet of things has to do with that? Are your pronouns toaster and alarm clock? ;)

I'm not sure I understand your point. 

Posted

What does the internet of things have to do with you not wanting to post your pic?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Gidorra said:

What does the internet of things have to do with you not wanting to post your pic?

Ties into privacy concerns on the internet.   The internet of things, is just a random generic title intended to capture the high level thought and could be tied to anything posted on the internet as stuff tends to live forever here.

Posted

The internet of THINGS refers to connecting THINGS like your toaster, alarm clock, fridge or exterior/interior lights etc etc to the internet. So your coffee is hot and ready in the morning when you wake up, or the window shutters close in the afternoon, while you are at the office, or your fridge orders fresh milk for you.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Gidorra said:

The internet of THINGS refers to connecting THINGS like your toaster, alarm clock, fridge or exterior/interior lights etc etc to the internet. So your coffee is hot and ready in the morning when you wake up, or the window shutters close in the afternoon, while you are at the office, or your fridge orders fresh milk for you.

You’re being petty

Posted

Thanks @Leisa.

I prefer not to make arguments out of things and will typically just let things go.

I will say one thing and leave it at that on the topic of what "things" mean, in general anything connected to the internet, including my phone, produces to varying degrees privacy concerns.

My main point in posting the topic was to get an understanding of people's comfort level and understanding how they got there, hoping to better myself and be less concerned with showing everyone my fetish and/or kinky desires.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Leisa said:

You’re being petty

Sure. Whenever anything wrong gets pointed out, it is the result of pettiness.

Posted

Goober, I completely get you! I once have sent a picture to a guy on this site with my full face shown, it didn't work out with him and for the next weeks I was terrified of what he might have done with it. So I have found some ways to feel safer. My profile picture has no face on it, when I send a pic of my face, I send one that only shows one half of it and I NEVER give my full name, phone number or email. That could only happen once I've met the person in real life and decided that I want to move forward with him. I wish I could be more relaxed about it like you @Leisa, but I can't for professional reasons and I find that this is a good middle ground. 

Posted
41 minutes ago, Gidorra said:

Sure. Whenever anything wrong gets pointed out, it is the result of pettiness.

I wouldn't say petty but just meticulous. In this situation perhaps not very helpful for Goober, but surely worse things have been said. 😉

Posted

The post was certainly not to define the use of "things" (on the internet), but that it doesn't really bother me.

Thanks for your input @tazzy, I tend to error on the side of caution, but also don't want to limit growth, it kind of creates a conundrum (wait let me check the definition of that, ok good  ;-) ) for me.  I like your approach to it, I may adopt it as time goes on.

Just_A_Good_Boy
Posted

Hey Goober, I am kind of in the same type of thinking as you are.

Years ago, when I was just learning more about kinks and fetishes, I had posted vids and pics on other sites. Now, years later I think maybe it wasn't the best move.

Luckily, I never showed my face in the pictures, only body parts - but still, my images and vids are probably out there somewhere still (even though I took them all down). So for this site, I would probably only post photos without a face reveal ^^

So I get your concern regarding your privacy, data etc!