Calling yourself a Dom at 18

Zela

Posted (edited)

I think it is simply stating what role they prefer, regardless of experience 🤷‍♂️. Your role in a job is still that role, whether it is your first day or you have been doing it for years. If you want to learn what level of experience he has...that is what conversation is for. Ask him 😂! How could anyone else possibly know that. You cannot define experience by age. Some explore sex in their early ***s. Some have a fetish but don't get to explore it until they are in their 50's. So sick of similar questions being asked about the experience of a Dom. It is like finding a job! You can't get the experience because people don't give you a chance without having experience 😂

Edited by Tickler101
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tickler101 said:

I think it is simply stating what role they prefer, regardless of experience 🤷‍♂️. Your role in a job is still that role, whether it is your first day or you have been doing it for years. If you want to learn what level of experience he has...that is what conversation is for. Ask him 😂! How could anyone else possibly know that. You cannot define experience by age. Some explore sex in their early ***s. Some have a fetish but don't get to explore it until they are in their 50's. So sick of similar questions being asked about the experience of a Dom. It is like finding a job! You can't get the experience because people don't give you a chance without having experience 😂

Thank you for your thoughtful response. What you need to realize is that there are new people joining every day and they are making similar observations and questioning and learning so the question is still valid whether it was asked once or a million times before. If you're sick of the question, then don't answer and ignore it. It's pretty plain and simple.

Posted
Likely not. Is that a huge problem? No, if you as a sub can talk with him openly about your needs and desires he might actually get the experience.
Posted
I would say that a man or woman at 18 can be dominant, it's in their nature, part of their being. What I don't agree with is the ones at 18/19 that claim to be a "Master" ....that takes years of discipline, practice, experiences, learning and that's before I even mention the sexual aspects in a D/s relationship. We all have to start from someone and learn as we go. I was always submissive by nature but didn't become a submissive until I was 46yrs old. That does not mean I have 30+ years as a sub, only 4 years so I wouldn't be put off by a younger person saying they are Dom or sub - it's just who they are and how they express themselves, they are the next generation of people in the lifestyle 😍
Posted
1 hour ago, PerryDom said:

Can an 18 year old submissive call themselves a submissive without experience?

this is something which ties in with the whole kinda problem on age gatekeeping

so if someone calls themselves a Dom/Domme/etc and are deemed "too young" the arguments come up about lack of life experience, lack of emotional maturity, "brain still growing" etc.

So if someone is an 18 year old submissive - do they not also lack life experience, emotional maturity, "brain still growing" etc.

If so, then why are there 40, 50, more year olds chasing them?

So l dunno, if a 20 year old and a 19 year old are calling themselves Dominant and submissive.  What does it matter to anyone else? I think rather than arguing on their age a better approach is to encourage but also make sure there's tips to help them grow and practice safely

If someone is 18, single, and calling themselves a Dominant - they don't have to be your Dominant. Same as someone who is 40 doing the same.   Maybe the 18 year old will become Dominant to someone their age

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
This topic is talked about at least once a week. I find that interesting. but my look on it is, I feel like it all depends on the person. Some can be, some can’t. But one things we have to stop doing, is making it seem like you need 5+ years to become something in this lifestyle. You can be a master/slave dom/sub. In a year, if you put in the time to understand the dynamics. Time into research, and have someone experienced to guide you. It doesn’t take that long, every time this topic gets brought up. It’s made to seem as you need a decade of experience to be qualified as anything. We’re not training ninjas here, it’s not that deep. (Not directly speaking to anyone in particular) just putting my opinion out there.