Question

ma****

Posted
I highly recommend any Dom or sub to take the time and read up on the psychology behind BDSM. It really helped me understand the D/s dynamic much better. It can also help subs spot the 🚩that so many the fake Doms that use being a Dom as a cover for their abusive behavior!
Posted
I think it depends on the relationship. If this is LTR relationship I can’t imagine a Dom not showing any vulnerability. If they never showed any vulnerability I would consider them weak and not respect them. I don’t respect people who show no emotion.
Posted
IMO emotional maturity is one of the most important traits for doms, if you can't lead by example how do you hope to have a submissive trust in you?
Posted
39 minutes ago, potter420 said:

And what seems like alot of men on this app seem to forget. The dominant is not in charge. The submissive person has to say one word and everything stops. Its an illusion. Yes the submissive gives that control up, but they are still in control. One word and it all stops. Thats control.

Good point. A fair bit of the time, the responses I read in many forum posts don’t signify dominance as much as brutality. 

Submission is a gift that is EARNED and earning it frequently means showing some level of vulnerability. Done well, you don’t need to constantly assert dominance because it’s understood, respected, and adhered to. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Manny678 said:

No that means He is Weak Dom

Better bubble wrap that masculinity. It looks real fragile. A person (man, woman, Dom, sub, etc) who is incapable of being emotionally *** is the truly weak one

Posted

its Sounds like a Weak dude no offense though

Well offence taken! 

Dominants' are human beings, not robots. They have thoughts, feelings and emotions just like everyone else. 

Emotions are an integral part of the human experience, and displaying them as a Dominant allows for a genuine and authentic connection with others. A Dominant showing emotion is a powerful and positive quality that fosters deeper connections, promotes empathy, encourages healthy communication and creates an atmosphere of trust and vulnerability, inviting others to do the same.

Posted

No that means He is Weak Dom

idiotic comment.

Posted
1 hour ago, d3volo said:

No this is in any sort of relationship not just in kink there will be people that say that they love a dom that shows vulnerability so on and so forth that’s complete crap slowly the sub partner who ever mindset will change authority, will be questioned rules will be broken and sooner or later they will look for someone that is more cold mor dark i can tell you stories from all the subs,girlfriends and wives that have com to me and they all say the same exact thing when im questioning them that the person they are with is not as Dominant as they want him to be

absolute bollocks, this thread has me speechless.

Posted
1 hour ago, d3volo said:
No this is in any sort of relationship not just in kink there will be people that say that they love a dom that shows vulnerability so on and so forth that’s complete crap slowly the sub partner who ever mindset will change authority, will be questioned rules will be broken and sooner or later they will look for someone that is more cold mor dark i can tell you stories from all the subs,girlfriends and wives that have com to me and they all say the same exact thing when im questioning them that the person they are with is not as Dominant as they want him to be

Who hurt you?

Posted

A man or woman, dominant or not, who can show maturity respect love and compassion is exactly as a partner and or dominant should be.

These comments about what is "real" and being "weak" for showing a natural human emotion is exactly what is wrong with this community. In fact those people who think you are weak, fake and less than for being respectful, are those who are shambles of human beings with blurred visions and expectations on humanity. Sort yourselves out.

If I as a switch, was domming or subbing with a man, I want to know I am safe to be *** or open up and show compassion, and to know that my sub or dominant was feeling relaxed, and safe to open up to me in the same way, is very rewarding. If I met someone with this shitty attitude that you're weak for it they can get the fuck away from me. What utter tripe. That'8s not what a "real man" , "real dominant" is. That is pathetic. 

Men and women alike, be you. Respect and feel respected and may your relationship and dynamics thrive <3

Posted
Beo just cause you show some weakness does not mean your weak and if your sub does not respects you afterwards and she's not a real sub
Posted
Toxic Masculinity (or the female equivalent) exists within the kink scene as well as out in the vanilla world. Suppressing emotions, whether to impress a playmate or live up the family's standards or societal expectations or whatever is considered pretty stupid these days.
Posted
I wouldn’t trust a Dom who can’t show weakness. What are they so afraid of if they’re truly in control? I may be extrapolating things too far here, but I would almost worry about safety if a Dom couldn’t be ***. If their response to their own humanity is shutting down, how will they be able to stay in tune with a sub’s humanity and needs?
Scorpio_nl_90
Posted
2 hours ago, neko-chan said:

I think it's a sign of emotional maturity to be able to share your emotions calmly. Maturity is definitely attractive in a Dom. To me it's more weak to hide behind some stoic façade.

I think both are necessary

Posted
1 hour ago, potter420 said:
I highly recommend any Dom or sub to take the time and read up on the psychology behind BDSM. It really helped me understand the D/s dynamic much better. It can also help subs spot the 🚩that so many the fake Doms that use being a Dom as a cover for their abusive behavior!

Any recommended resources?

Posted

Looking for pleasure is one different thing Relationships are a whole other thing do you think Emotion plays a role to have Encounters with someone? Do you ?

Posted

Regardless of your opinion Kinks are kinks Kinkster goes with Kinkster right? 

Posted
2 hours ago, Manny678 said:

its Sounds like a Weak dude no offense though

Not showing vulnerability is a weak Dom. You want an emotional connection in any dynamic.

Posted

That's a relationship ever heard of Discreet play?

Posted
2 hours ago, d3volo said:

Horse sh*t..this is a closed minded stance that put subs in jeopardy of being hurt. Vulnerability is NOT a weakness its a STRENGTH in both subs and Doms. Grow-up

Posted
If someone can't be emotionally *** it's a huge red flag to me. It's completely unhealthy. We all need emotional intelligence 🤦‍♀️
What do you do with your emotions? How do you manage them? What happens when you don't?
stypes are not the only ones with emotion/who show vulnerability. Dtypes are not robots who god forbid, never smile, they aren't there to swoop in and "save" the stypes because they're always strong and stoic. D/s is ying and yang/give and take just like all relationships
Posted

I'm just eating my popcorn 🍿watching all the tough guys say showing emotions is weak sauce.

This is not directed at any individual. Itt is directly addressing the Show Now Emotions Except Anger And Jealousy types...

Gee, bro, have you ever shed a tear, been heartfelt on anything, cried then Ol Yeller died, or have any fucking clue what those feelings in your little noggin actually are?

Bro, would you rather keep shit bottled up, be emotionally constipated and explode in fits of rage as it boils over? Is that a "real" Dom to you? I guess with the likewise narrow minded sub who doesn't want anything of real substance in the relationship with you, it'd fit.

F**k that. I want open, honest, and above all authentic communication with my partner. I'm not a f**king robot. And I sure as hell would not take a sub who wants stoicism, or a Dom as a friend whos really just a bro playing games.

I know who I am. My sub knows my ***s and insecurities and I know hers.

Posted
4 minutes ago, JustAPleasureDom said:
I'm just eating my popcorn 🍿watching all the tough guys say showing emotions is weak sauce.

This is not directed at any individual. Itt is directly addressing the Show Now Emotions Except Anger And Jealousy types...

Gee, bro, have you ever shed a tear, been heartfelt on anything, cried then Ol Yeller died, or have any fucking clue what those feelings in your little noggin actually are?

Bro, would you rather keep shit bottled up, be emotionally constipated and explode in fits of rage as it boils over? Is that a "real" Dom to you? I guess with the likewise narrow minded sub who doesn't want anything of real substance in the relationship with you, it'd fit.

Fuck that. I want open, honest, and above all authentic communication with my partner. I'm not a fucking robot. And I sure as hell would not take a sub who wants stoicism, or a Dom as a friend whos really just a bro playing games.

Old Yeller died? What? No need to watch this now!

Posted
9 minutes ago, JustAPleasureDom said:

Fuck that. I want open, honest, and above all authentic communication with my partner. I'm not a fucking robot. And I sure as hell would not take a sub who wants stoicism, or a Dom as a friend whos really just a bro playing games.

It's reconforting to know doms like this exist. M4M guys around here are just the stoic stereotype

Posted
15 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

Old Yeller died? What? No need to watch this now!

Could have given a "Spoiler Alert"... how rude