PLAYING SAFE

br****

Posted
RACK is my personal favorite :)
Posted
Decide on the role play rules and start the adventure.
Posted
I think SSC & safewords can be good anchors, especially if something under-negotiated crops up. I definitely keep them in mind while skimming anything kink related or peeking profiles.

RACK helps me navi outside of my general bubble, especially when someone inspires me to reconsider soft limits.

PRICK isn't my favorite. Sometimes my body or reptile brain doesn't vibe with my logical or rational wisemind. It gets confusing and unpleasant outside of rational control, and it's hard to draw the line between mild discomfort and a yucky feeling. I am still learning. :-<
Br****
Posted
Talk to her and listen to her. Know who I’m dealing with.
ho****
Posted
Well you forgot the best one CCCC which I believe Is the only one a true dom should practice because otherwise I would consider you a fake dom on the basis that a true dom only achieves pleasure if and when the sub/slave does and if you don't truly care for a person as a human being you will always put your personal needs first so you have to have the care that's the only way to truly have a person completely trust and submit
ho****
Posted
April 25, Morella88 said:
I prefer the 4C's specifically because of the different levels of consent and the addition of care.

Here is an excerpt of an article found on Tickle.Life I think breaks the acronym down nicely:

Caring
Caring brings in the ethical point of view in BDSM. It gives importance to each person involved and their uniqueness. Through caring, you can also focus on trust and intimacy when you participate in kinky sexual activities. Here, partners can present their sexual values and explain them to each other. You can discuss the definition of safe or good BDSM with your partner(s).

Communication
By bringing in proper communication, it will help in creating a better understanding of the participants. Since people have different limits, communication can help the partners know about them beforehand. Say, for example, that you want to bring something a little more out there into the bedroom (like a dragon dildo, for example). Communicating that with your partner will help you to learn more about their fantasies. It will also help in embracing the uniqueness of your identities and assist you in conveying your needs.

Consent
Even though consent is present in SSC and RACK, 4C's approach tries to bring clarity to the same. It is because, in most cases, the consent remains unclear, which brings in confusion. Hence, the 4C's approach presents consent in three different levels. They are:

The first level is surface consent, which focuses on the concept of "yes means yes," and "no means no."
The second level is scene consent. Here, the focus is on discussing and negotiating the scene in detail. Even in the middle of the scene, any partner(s) can withdraw their consent using the safe word.
The third level is deep consent, which is an ambiguous level. Here, the partner(s) might not be in a mental capacity to use the safe word.
Caution
Caution has a close relationship with consent, communication, and caring. Here, it is about emphasizing the unique experiences of each person involved in the activities. Caution also brings in flexibility and variation. It is a way to navigate through risk and bring in safety for different sexual practices coming under kink, especially BDSM.

I love it

st****
Posted
It's a mutual respect thing. Communication, love and trust is key to the lifestyle.
ju****
Posted
Agreed, but role-playing powerplay must include a definite point of no control. That's where the trust comes in. Being pushed beyond one's limits, with trust is amazing
Ga_hypnotist
Posted

SSC is a complete misnomer that should be struck from the lexicon. It's just something that is designed to make what we do more palatable for the general public.

This isn't safe...that's the fun of it. And anyone saying they are "safe" is an instant red flag.  

And most of it is not sane, we only got out of the DSM in the last iteration.  

Consent is, of course, mandatory.  

I definitely prefer PRICK.  Personal responsibility is the most important part.  

st****
Posted
that's exactly what I'm looking for from a woman. I'm a hard core bondage enthusiast. But that has turned me into a escape artist too. I need a woman to help with my bandage so I can't escape. But finding a woman that understands rope and knots is almost impossible. It has almost become a obsession.