Text based roleplays

Posted

Does anyone enjoy them or have a favorite type/genre? Do you prefer using paragraphs, short sentences, or one-liners? 

I used to RP frequently, but many of mine have died off and I'm not sure how popular it is with people who are older than early twenties.

Posted

I still love them. As for message length, it depends on the pacing of the current "scene." I'm always pretty detailed, so I start with paragraphs, but if things are heating up, I try to only do 2 sentences so the other person doesn't lose the mood.

Posted

Text RP is something I enjoy - although, like you say, I'm not sure it's a thing so much in here. I find it can be a lot of fun if you find someone with similar tastes, a good imagination and a wide vocabulary!

I tend to go for short sentences to try to keep some sort of flow - I'm not one for long messages with gaps in-between. A short delay is good for building tension and expectation though.

Posted

Yeah I could dig this, I got a pretty twisted imagination when it comes to this so I could aee myself liking this sorta thing and I’m the same as the others a mix of paragraphs and short sentences seems like a good mix with some descriptive detail. 😁

Posted

I usually use sentences and the occasional one-liner. A good imagination and being able to be descriptive definitely helps!

Posted

I'd dare to say I'm decently skilled in this. If you have a great imagination, it can even replace the real thing for you. It's my only way to enjoy sexual activities, since my real body is in a grave condition. So, I have to do everything through virtual avatars.

Plus, the power you have over the imaginary reality feels great.

About the way of texting, I use paragraphs to give descriptions, and one-liners for quick-time actions that require the partner's immediate reaction.

And about age, it's not just 20s. Some of my play partners are over 30, or even 40. But yeah, it's not really popular here. I find play partners on Fetlife, since there's a special group based on this topic.

strawberryvitamins
Posted

I do this quite often and really helps with long distance, but i am also into the normal RP(playing RP games)

Posted

Oh hell yes para RP every time, :clapping:

It is a different feel as it has a depth of thought to it but there is certainly a sapiosexual element in it. As for Genre I really do not mind as I have probably done most, I do rather like the tone and feel of a Cthulu.

As for age I am 54, so don't count us out either ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

I love sexting, though it can get quite time consuming can't do it all the time. It's very distracting at work. You absolutely need someone that has a good imagination and vocab so it's not all one sided nothing worse

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I enjoy it very much and it really depends on the topic and situation how long or short the reply is.

• 2 months later...
Posted

Does anyone roleplay in the following format? For example...

Character A: (walks into the room and sees character B) Hello!

Character B: *gasp* You startled me!

Posted
3 hours ago, MisterJax said:

Does anyone roleplay in the following format? For example...

Character A: (walks into the room and sees character B) Hello!

Character B: *gasp* You startled me!

Not exactly that, but similar.

• 2 months later...
Tanaka-1872
Posted

I have multiple rp servers on discord , vampire and wrestling ,bdsm servers etc I always try and get my fellow nerds to write in full detail or as much as they can there is nothing worse than a one liner 

Posted
Thursday at 05:36 PM, Tanaka-1872 said:

I have multiple rp servers on discord , vampire and wrestling ,bdsm servers etc I always try and get my fellow nerds to write in full detail or as much as they can there is nothing worse than a one liner 

Oh 100% agreed!

Like you just think of the perfect descriptive words to really set the mood.. only to have them respond with

“aNd I ConTInuEd ToO takE iT dADdy¡”😂😂😭

Posted

Oh I think I found my peeps in here lol 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm interested in doing an RP with you, tho I must warn you that I am a DOM

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 9/13/2020 at 4:37 AM, Knightmarred said:

Does anyone enjoy them or have a favorite type/genre? Do you prefer using paragraphs, short sentences, or one-liners? 

I used to RP frequently, but many of mine have died off and I'm not sure how popular it is with people who are older than early twenties.

Where I could find these rolrplays to play online?

Posted

Any Submissive women interested in Text based DRP? 

• 1 month later...
DirtyHardRocker
Posted
On 9/13/2020 at 1:07 AM, Knightmarred said:

I love it and am looking for it! For me its about natural flow. Making the text feel like spoken words, sounds and actions. A mixture of long sentences, paragraphs, and short messages and one liners. Variety is the spice of life. Doing just long messages feels robotic and just short one liners feels like the person's disinterested. So certainly a mixture. You have to engage and become absorbed like reading a book! 

Posted

I still have a lot of text based RP I share with one or two

• 3 weeks later...
DigitalxVoyuer1
Posted

I am 43 and miss the early days of aol and meeting new and exciting people to message intimate desires!!