Aftercare

Pe****

Posted

largely, yes

a lot depends on the activities done - but discussing possible aftercare needs should be part of the scene negotiation process.

Cheekysub247
Posted
Completely depends on the people, for some its not needed or not wanted.
Sometimes tea and a biscuit is enough.
Sometimes a cuddle ect.
Posted

Like with all things in kink, communication is king. If you need aftercare after every session then make it known in advance because not everyone does and it's not fair to assume your partner knows what's in your head. You're not being used if it's not automatically offered to you either but if YOU ( or anybody else ) are going to feel that way if you don't get it then why leave it up to chance in the first place? 

Posted
There should be an element of aftercare of course - what that looks like though is a very individual thing - but something that should be discussed up front, along with boundaries, limits etc.
For some aftercare may just be a check-in or a cuddle, for some it may be a lot more, but it should be discussed and not disregarded as being important, especially so in a casual encounter.
That said, I was recently asked what aftercare I needed and honestly couldn't answer as I had no idea - but we talked it through and agreed to go with the flow and if I felt I needed it I was to speak up - as it turned out I didn't need any.
DeviantInside
Posted
As a general principle yes. Though there are people who do not want that aftercare precisely because they want that ‘used’ feeling. But that should be something that was agreed beforehand, not the rule.
Posted
Yeah, I’ll have a brew if you’re making one. 😉
Posted
Not necessarily they could just not do after care or not know it is a thing
Posted
Yes. Don’t play with people that don’t care….
Posted
No question. The extent of the aftercare is something that should be discussed before a play session so you're both looked after. I've had friends who've played and then had the "Dom" just leave and they've experienced terrible sub drop.
Posted
It depends on the negotiation. With a casual play partner I don't feel there's a lot of commitment. The bottom has the responsibility, prior to the scene, to alert the top of what their aftercare needs are. This very well could sway the decision to play.