Is age a factor in who you'll play with?

Posted

As an older guy, I wonder if age is a factor in play partner selection for both ladies and gents? My wife is 19yrs my junior so clearly it's not an issue for me but what do you all think?

Posted

Age isn't an issue for me. I've played, and had relationships with, both older and younger guys.

For me it's about the connection with someone, who they are as a person. I've met people in their early 20's with more maturity than people older than me.

I guess it could be an issue if you have different world views but maybe I've just been lucky to find people that share mine.

Posted

Although age isnt a factor for me, I do have a minimum age that I would play with if it was likely to include sexual acts. However being Demisexual, It takes a rather special person for me to want that aspect. Ive known some very mature youngsters and some very childish adults too. lol

Posted

Age has never been an issue for me, I've played with and had Doms that have been 10 years younger than me and ones who have been 15/20 years older than me. My Dom I'm with now is older than me and when we started chatting his age didn't factor at all for me cause we instantly had a connection from the start! I say the same as @Bounty and @SirGreen that I've met and chatted to some really mature youngsters and some really childish bratty adults!!!! I think age shouldn't matter as long as you have that connection and you're both happy then no one else's opinion should matter at all.

Posted

My last PLAYMATE was 52 and im 36. Se I view age as just a number containing to life experiences. Rather than a boundary. Because, one with age comes wisdom. 2 With wisdom comes the knowledge of what they truely want out of not just life but fun time too. Finally, the older crowd is more of my mentality rage at times. I mean I have my childish moments to but your as young as you feel most days and them again your as old as you feel sometimes too.

Posted

If we're talking purely about play - then, no.

The youngest I've played with was 22 (I was 37 at the time.  I guess, technically the youngest I've played with was 20, when I was 21)

Oldest, Domme 52 (I was 35 or 36) sub, I don't know their exact ages but it was in their 70s. 

-

Any form of ongoing or close relationship, above casual play, would depend on how much we had in common.  My wife is 7 years younger. 

Posted

Doesn’t matter at all. If you’re well suited it’s irrelevant. I’m 57, my sub is 25.

Posted

For me it's about the person, not the number. If the connection and chemistry is right, the age doesn't matter. Until last year my partners my oldest partner/girlfriend had been ten years older than me and the youngest ten years younger, however there was seven*** years between by most recent girlfriend and I.

Posted

For me I don’t think age should be an issue however that being said I’ve had 24 yrs age gap where I was younger part of the couple

Now being almost 48 I cannot play with anyone that is closer to my kids age than mine . I don’t judge anyone who does .

Posted (edited)

Looks like I'm Definitely in the minority on this one, because for me, age does play a part in whether I play with someone or not..its not the Deciding factor, especially for play that involves no intimacy..my biggest gap was with someone I met here actually, he's 29 I'm 55, but for relationships, which is my preference it does matter to me. I have a personal rule that I don't date guys younger than my children, which is a nuisance because I only seem to be approached by guys in their ***s or 20s, my eldest child is 36..my biggest age gap relationship was 14 years younger than me, and that was my most recent D/s partner, prior to him I exclusively stuck to my own age group..I've never dated older, vanilla or kink, not deliberately I've just not met one I've clicked with who's available, I don't share men..and a lot my age group on sites like this one aren't looking for partners, having been burned in past relationships perhaps, or are enjoying friends with benefits, or no strings attached casual liaisons, or are married, attached or poly which means we're not a match.

Edited by MzJax
Added an extra point
Posted

Well I've yet to have anything but long distance relationship, I was 63 and she was 19. Then there was one that was 22 and I was 64. There was also one that was just 18, (though my role {comma} in this case was only as a caregiver). And then there is this last one that ghosted me on the 2nd of this month we had great plans and I was going to get a ticket to fly in and be with her on her birthday on the 17th of this month. She was turning 34 and I turned 65 this last November 22nd. We had even made plans to marry I had asked her several months ago she said yes and seemed quite excited about it. I don't know that age necessarily matters, however, I do believe that long distances, (and great times apart, in isolation), can cause distractions and damage. 🐺🐾💺

Posted

It was something I was quite dubious about to start with when approached by men half my age or 10-15 years older. So I can see why you might question it. I think finding a play partner is hard enough at times without adding that restriction. I’ve had wonderful times with men 15-20 years younger than I am. I was 50, youngest play partner 27. Happy times. 

Posted

I am 41 and my partner/sub is 18 and it works for us. So I would say age is not that important.

Posted

Until recently I have tended not to respond to those more than 10 years either way. I’m not even sure why, my own insecurities I think probably.

My mind has been completely changed by my current play partner .. He is 29 and I am coming up 52. Apart from our cultural references age is not a factor at all. 
Connection is key. I would say if you find someone your click with and they are of legal age - sane, safe, consensual and fun is what matters 

Posted

Depends I am 48 so I might go for someone maybe into their early 50's but I always skewed towards younger women entire life!!

Posted
14 minutes ago, delicia said:

Until recently I have tended not to respond to those more than 10 years either way. I’m not even sure why, my own insecurities I think probably.

My mind has been completely changed by my current play partner .. He is 29 and I am coming up 52. Apart from our cultural references age is not a factor at all. 
Connection is key. I would say if you find someone your click with and they are of legal age - sane, safe, consensual and fun is what matters 

You said all that way better than I did! I’m 51 too. My insecurities meant I could not believe much younger, good looking guys were interested in me. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, delicia said:

He's a bugger for getting past walls that one 😉

Posted

I’m a Domme. I find that in my dynamics tend to work best with younger men. It’s about chemistry for me.

Posted
45 minutes ago, MzJax said:

He's a bugger for getting past walls that one 😉

Isn’t he just. Thankfully 😜

Posted

Good topic I am 42 . Up until recently I have always dated people younger. Nothing crazy, maybe 5 years. But my last partner was the same age and seemed a lot more mature. You are only as young/old as you feel

Posted

I’m usually looking for maturity. In the past, that meant older men for me but as I’ve talked to more and more younger guys, intelligence and maturity do not seem to be age related lol go figure!

Posted (edited)

Age used to be a concern BUT

Beginning of last year I had an 18 year old lass making advances, and it for whatever reason made me feel a little uncomfortable as I found myself interested, so I sought advice with a thread similar to this one. She sought a rough encounter in a Nsa capacity, a one off which in a way made my decision easier to make. As she was so young I had to be totally sure she knew EXACTLY what she was actually asking and understood through lots of chat and questioning the real way things work. Did she really understand it is actually the submissive who is the real power broker etc, things like that. I had to be sure she was firstly sane and secondly really did understand what she was asking. More for my own peace of mind but also to ensure she would be ok in the days after we met, no regrets etc. So no, i no longer have an age limit, but only if I'm comfortable that the possible play partner is clued up and knows herself first.

Edited by Deleted Member
Spelling
Posted

I'd prefer more mature women, but once in a while get the itch to test your daddy skills lol. Not like that but if she's 18 or 19, and can do damage on an older gentleman with ease bring it on. If she's a Domme it's even sweeter. But no one pleases like an older veteran queen. She'll give YOU an assignment for sure. Lol

Posted

It's all about connection, trust, respect, honesty and sometimes even love, age doesn't come into it,