Play Party

DominusEtDea

Posted

So we live in a fairly sparsely populated area of Vermont. We have built our own dungeon for rope, impact, D/s play, but would love to involve others. Since there are no clubs/munches within a reasonable distance, we would be interested in having a group of people over to play. 

Our concern is safety. Since it’s our home, we want to make sure we are comfortable with whoever we would potentially invite, and we’re curious how others vet potential play partners.

Posted

Congratulations on your new venture first off because I'm sure that involved a lot of work. I would say that you need to consider one thing when it comes to having people in your home. Covid is still an issue so you might want to include that as part of your entry process. That's really the first thing that came to mine with me when I saw your post. It's because my brother is a Senior PA in the Emergency Surgery Dept of a NYC hospital. His hospital was 1 of the 3 in NYC that was designated as COVID ONLY. So much like all the Airbnbs operate now when it comes to this. You have to think about more stringent sanitation issues after you have people in your home you see? Wishing you all the best 😉💜😎

Posted
I think it would depend upon how large you want things to be and how well you know people. The more people involved and the less you know them, the more strict things would need to be.

Some aspects of bdsm can be dangerous, especially if people are not properly trained (such as rope play).

A few close friends/couples you could probably get by with good communication. More people you may want to have waiver, rules, as well as moderators.

Not only should you be concerned about someone getting hurt, don’t forget how sue happy our nation is.
Posted
You could starting a munch .. see how things are in your area as those are the people who will be interested in accessing a local dungeon. You can make it membership only (paid or unpaid) have a strict code of conduct they must sign.. maybe they only bring toys they own .. could you hold classes for people who are interested in expanding their knowledge.. keep it safe for everyone is key .. Good luck in your new venture
Posted
Some good advice already offered - however there's another angle to consider - why would people want to come to your home and what would make them comfortable to do so?
Whilst of course it's important you consider your own safety and security - that also works in reverse for those visiting who will want to be sure they're not placing themselves at risk also.
Best option would be to enjoy your dungeon for yourselves for now, and concentrate on meeting others outside that environment for now, at munches, kink events and through interaction on sites like this - but keep any play to safe places like clubs/hotels etc until you've developed those connections to a point where *all* feel comfortable enough to enjoy your dungeon.
Posted
This is negative, but you need to keep this in the back of your head "if" deciding a play party. Sticky Fingers/You Never Know: I knew a woman who threw a party of 12 people (closes friends). She said "I had a gift card (75€) on the hallway stand, next day it was gone, and there is nothing I can do"... closes friends.
Posted
I live in Montreal and would be available to travel
  • 2 weeks later...