Primal

Posted
And the "human ***" happens to have a lot in common with the behavior of *** ***s, so they're a good source of inspiration.

I've been feeling like a good cry the last few days, and I'd call that as primal as struggling for dominance.
Posted
I appreciate everyone’s insight in this. I am unfamiliar with a primal dynamic, nor the terminology of it. I liked the idea of being protected.
Posted
@Just_Jen I've always thought of a Daddy Dom/Mommy Dom fitting that bill, but I do think it can also fit into primal as well!
Posted
9 minutes ago, Doitanyway said:
Because it’s about agency in the conversation. For someone to tell me they’re a little, it’s about them, has nothing to do with me. I could claim to also be a little and it would mean we have something in common to talk about. For someone to tell me they’re an alpha, they’re telling me that they think they are superior to me, which is a conversation, a topic, a concept that I have no agency in. I do not consent to your arbitrary conception of me as compared to you. Someone claiming to be an alpha is assigning me an identity that I don’t consent to. If I also claim to be an alpha, then it becomes a competition or an argument wherein either party is trying to put the other in a place beneath them. To me, it’s akin to telling a trans man that they are less of a man than me based entirely off of my own definition of what being a man means.

I can only regard on centralpark here, you are spamming this topic with off-topic comments.
Now you add trans people out of nothing.
A person seeing himself better than others is not harming anyone yet.
Of course if he would claim that on people outside him dynamic it’s offensive, but involving people outside of your dynamic in your kinks is offensive in 99% of the cases.

So what you are doing here, is disturbing the try to have a conversation about a certain topic, just because you did not agree with a certain terminology, a single word used by just someone in the ongoing conversation.

Reply to this whatever you want, I won’t reply here anymore.
Feel free to write me a direct message if you feel the urge to argue something with me specifically.

But it’s weird to see people argue about the term „alpha“ while on one hand they say the once called „alpha“ does not even exist and on the other hand argue that identifying as an alphas would be offensive towards others.

I am out here. I guess I will stick to my German topics in the future again as the topic was completely lost. (Not as if it was different in German threats though)

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bbw-breeder said:

I can only regard on centralpark here, you are spamming this topic with off-topic comments.
Of course if he would claim that on people outside him dynamic it’s offensive, but involving people outside of your dynamic in your kinks is offensive in 99% of the cases.

So what you are doing here, is disturbing the try to have a conversation about a certain topic, just because you did not agree with a certain terminology, a single word used by just someone in the ongoing conversation.

Feel free to write me a direct message if you feel the urge to argue something with me specifically.

But it’s weird to see people argue about the term „alpha“ while on one hand they say the once called „alpha“ does not even exist and on the other hand argue that identifying as an alphas would be offensive towards others.

I am out here. I guess I will stick to my German topics in the future again as the topic was completely lost. (Not as if it was different in German threats though)

Well done. I just couldn’t even dignify that whole trans diatribe with a response

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bbw-breeder said:

Maybe there’s a language barrier, because this is not an accurate response to my comments.

Posted

@Bbw-breeder and @centralpark are neither of you familiar with the concept of analogy? It was perfectly clear they were simply making an analogy with that comment. 

Posted
5 hours ago, GentlemanDomCymru said:

There are so many misconceptions to being primal.

2 hours ago, GentlemanDomCymru said:

Again it is personal preference and understanding

Wouldn't this logic have you contradicting your own OP? 

Posted
I got the analogy @ThaliaV, it was the entire comment for me. The OP was asking about something completely different and this comment, in my humble opinion, was taking a single noun out of context, choosing to get offended by it and taking the entire post off topic. There’s absolutely a time and a place for taking offence and educating others but I just don’t think this thread was it.
Posted
7 minutes ago, centralpark said:

I got the analogy @ThaliaV, it was the entire comment for me. The OP was asking about something completely different and this comment, in my humble opinion, was taking a single noun out of context, choosing to get offended by it and taking the entire post off topic. There’s absolutely a time and a place for taking offence and educating others but I just don’t think this thread was it.

I really don't see it as being off topic. Every post and thread here will relate to things like the community as a whole and consent. Discussion of "what primal means" and primal play very frequently go hand in hand with the concept of pack theory. I haven't read any of @Doitanyway comments as being from a place of offense but that of civil debate and asking people to reconsider their viewpoints that might potentially be problematic.

Posted
28 minutes ago, centralpark said:

I wasn’t taking offense, I was continuing a conversation that had started in the comments. You can read back to earlier when someone refuted OP’s use of the term alpha (some comments seem to be gone now) so I offered a source. I then added my two cents about the concept and discourse grew from there.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Doitanyway said:

I wasn’t taking offense, I was continuing a conversation that had started in the comments. You can read back to earlier when someone refuted OP’s use of the term alpha (some comments seem to be gone now) so I offered a source. I then added my two cents about the concept and discourse grew from there.

Depending on if you come to the thread via the main forum or through notifications there seems to be a glitch in the site where not all comments show up. It's frustrating that it hasn't been fixed yet because it can cause exactly these situations where people might not be responding having read all comments. 

Some people will also occasionally get upset and defensive thinking the OP or someone has been deliberately deleting comments 

Edited by ThaliaV
Posted
5 hours ago, centralpark said:
Why do these posts always go so off topic?
The OP asked for thoughts on what constitutes primal, not alpha.

Point scoring on what alpha male does or does not mean is not really relevant to the OP, besides which it seems to me that the OP’s use of the word alpha had no relationship to competition or claiming superiority over the community or men in general.
Or am I missing something here?

I think that it stems back to the ( as mentioned, now debunked theory) of alpha's within packs of wolves. If you're identifying as primal and aligning yourself as an 'alpha' wolf, it conjures up an individual focused on dominance over others gained by fighting others, it creates thoughts of competition and supremacy.
If you refer to both within the OP then it stands to reason that people are going to comment on both aspects online their responses.
Packs of wolves are nothing more than families, the lead male/female are simply those that are the sole breeding pair within the pack. They're literally parents.

Posted
3 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

I think that it stems back to the ( as mentioned, now debunked theory) of alpha's within packs of wolves. If you're identifying as primal and aligning yourself as an 'alpha' wolf, it conjures up an individual focused on dominance over others gained by fighting others, it creates thoughts of competition and supremacy.
If you refer to both within the OP then it stands to reason that people are going to comment on both aspects online their responses.
Packs of wolves are nothing more than families, the lead male/female are simply those that are the sole breeding pair within the pack. They're literally parents.

Typo, online = in

Posted
It's a part of a whole. Domination, protection, feral passion, or desire and more of course, but it's all just parts of instinctual and natural states.
Posted
Primal to me is getting in touch with and expressing primitive thoughts, emotions, behaviours and desires. Feeling stripped of all the layers of social training and cultural expectations. Getting back to nature and feeling unashamed of our nakedness.
Posted

My feeling is similar. The urge, want, feeling of duty to protect your submissive. Come hell or high water she will be safe. Your number one priority. That alpha male mentality you mention. 

I have also read many poems/stories about the hunting element associated with primal behaviour where this is a shared kink between Dominant and submissive. The running through (typically) woods, hiding, heavy breathing, racing heart beat followed by discovery and subsequent sexual activity within a controlled environment.

I believe these stories have had the '50 shades' effect on what many see as primal behaviour and depending on the experience of both the Dominant and submissive, this can taint how primal behaviour is perceived. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Your_Owner-9673 said:

My feeling is similar. The urge, want, feeling of duty to protect your submissive. Come hell or high water she will be safe. Your number one priority. That alpha male mentality you mention. 

I have also read many poems/stories about the hunting element associated with primal behaviour where this is a shared kink between Dominant and submissive. The running through (typically) woods, hiding, heavy breathing, racing heart beat followed by discovery and subsequent sexual activity within a controlled environment.

I believe these stories have had the '50 shades' effect on what many see as primal behaviour and depending on the experience of both the Dominant and submissive, this can taint how primal behaviour is perceived. 

Coming from the vanilla world very recently I can attest to this. Primal for me conjured exactly the scene you described there with the woods etc. Plus the use of words like ‘hunted’ and ‘prey’ in the BDSM quiz, which further cemented this notion.

Posted
15 minutes ago, centralpark said:

Coming from the vanilla world very recently I can attest to this. Primal for me conjured exactly the scene you described there with the woods etc. Plus the use of words like ‘hunted’ and ‘prey’ in the BDSM quiz, which further cemented this notion.

Yes, as with many things both in the BDSM world and the vanilla world, people can have different perceptions and understandings of things. 

I *** that either inexperience on behalf of either or both the Dominant and submissive, or a hidden agenda by a 'fake' Dominant of looking to exploit that hunting and prey element could lead to someone being ***d or having their boundaries ignored.

Posted
Lots of energy in the room 😏. Nature or nurture? I think everyone has a little "natural" primal in them if we are using protection as the measuring tool. I believe you are naturally going to protect anything or anyone you capture, hunt, mate, or birth, initially anyways. With the BDSM LS it's the same. Even moreso because you are free to express yourself. I'm going all in for mines. She was truly hard to find. She loves the protection and love. My nature is being nurtured. There is no pretending with any play in the BDSM scene imo. You hunt, get hunted, or lay down in the middle of the road and wait for what happens to happen 🤷🏾‍♂️. My princess say I'm a cannibal but I do not eat meat 🤣. I guess I know what umbrella I'm under. Protect those you love and live to protect. 👿
Posted
5 hours ago, Your_Owner-9673 said:

You mention the ‘50 shades’ effect and it has given a great deal of misconceptions. I feel a lot of men on here who consider themselves to be “dominant” have no idea what it really means, they just jumped on the train because it would be a good way to get their peckers wet. Sex is a very, very, small part of that IMHO. A lot of the men on here I encounter want everything and to give nothing. They like the ideas of primal, dominance, and having a woman do as they are told. You just need to read their profile name and picture. When I was new I was taken advantage of in that respect. That was in 2017 and there is still so much to learn and that I don’t know about I know I may have gotten a bit off topic. I apologize.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Just_Jen said:

You mention the ‘50 shades’ effect and it has given a great deal of misconceptions. I feel a lot of men on here who consider themselves to be “dominant” have no idea what it really means, they just jumped on the train because it would be a good way to get their peckers wet. Sex is a very, very, small part of that IMHO. A lot of the men on here I encounter want everything and to give nothing. They like the ideas of primal, dominance, and having a woman do as they are told. You just need to read their profile name and picture. When I was new I was taken advantage of in that respect. That was in 2017 and there is still so much to learn and that I don’t know about I know I may have gotten a bit off topic. I apologize.

I completely agree. I have heard many terms used for 'fake' Dominants on this platform. All at apt. 

These fakes do see Dominance as an easy route to sex. No consideration for the care or indeed the workings of a true dynamic and the responsibilities that come with being Dominant and having a submissive.

Primal to these types is the hunting element with likely rough sex as the culmination of the scene. And again likely no aftercare. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Your_Owner-9673 said:

I completely agree. I have heard many terms used for 'fake' Dominants on this platform. All at apt. 

These fakes do see Dominance as an easy route to sex. No consideration for the care or indeed the workings of a true dynamic and the responsibilities that come with being Dominant and having a submissive.

Primal to these types is the hunting element with likely rough sex as the culmination of the scene. And again likely no aftercare. 

Off topic but your mention of rough sex just reminded me. In my profile I specifically mention, more than once, my desire to meet a secure masculine man and have been so surprised by the number of folks concluding that I like to be roughed up from those statements that I had to add an explanatory edit!

I was unsure if I’d made some BDSM faux pas or if people just don’t understand masculine and feminine energetics.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Just_Jen said:

Sorry you had that experience. I put a caveat about profile names at the top of my bio- feel free to copy it hehehe

Posted
3 minutes ago, centralpark said:

Off topic but your mention of rough sex just reminded me. In my profile I specifically mention, more than once, my desire to meet a secure masculine man and have been so surprised by the number of folks concluding that I like to be roughed up from those statements that I had to add an explanatory edit!

I was unsure if I’d made some BDSM faux pas or if people just don’t understand masculine and feminine energetics.

I'm not sure I understand masculine/feminine energies?