Y U Block Me?

CopperKnob

Posted
4 minutes ago, angry_g said:
I honestly want to meet people. Get to know them even if on a superficial level because I find the person to be someone I would sincerely like to get to know.

I agree, however there needs to be consent. I have been trying to find friends with kink interests near me for a very long time, I feel I'm not being pushy, needy or rude (not saying you are by any means, strictly talking about myself), but I don't get a response back and I leave them alone.

Posted
50 minutes ago, angry_g said:

a response is the polite thing to do if someone has read your profile and has taken an interest in getting to know you.

No. It isn't.

Among anything else a "Hey" shows now evidence of having read your profile and no evidence they have an interest in wanting to get to know you.

Posted
It depends if you’re talking to someone and have a connection with them first and can tell they like you, you can gauge more or less if they’ll like a dick pic and a lot of times they do, you just ask and sometimes they say sure, after some conversation and connection…. totally different comparison to you sending random stranger women dick pics off the bat. It’s just common sense. Even if you’re a guy and get a random dick pic idk about you but I’ll get freaked out. Women sending random kitty pics, first, never even seen that happen, and different gender, a lot of guys are dogs or so horny they’d welcome it they don’t think anything about it. Even then guys are just not as emotionally and sexually threatened as women when it comes to something like that. Two totally different genders but even then still it’s all just common sense and manners, and if I were to get a random kitty pic from some stranger I never talked to even, I’d probably be weirded out by it especially a hair ugly one that I did not ask for. You just don’t do that. You go up to ppl on the street and randomly flash them your junk, you’ll even get arrested. We not only have laws for that but it’s just common sense decency and basic human social intelligence/social etiquette, and if you can’t wrap your head around that you probably should not be messaging any women at all or ppl/human beings in general, and it’s clearly obvious why you get blocked all the time.
Posted
1 minute ago, eyemblacksheep said:

No. It isn't.

Among anything else a "Hey" shows now evidence of having read your profile and no evidence they have an interest in wanting to get to know you.

He explained earlier he doesn't send just "hey" messages, it is a more thought out message with similar interests from the profile.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Geminijack said:

I don’t demand anything but everyone should give 10:20 mins to get to know to someone 

that IS a demand

48 minutes ago, Geminijack said:

do you know how many ridiculous messages come through from women I am not interested in I don’t ignore any of them because it’s morally wrong!

Most of these are scammers.  If you are too stupid to see that you deserve to get your time wasted.

49 minutes ago, Geminijack said:

There is no harm done talking actually having conversations with people

There isn't - so - message someone to be conversational instead of "Hey", "Hi" or small talk hell.  Actually make conversation. 

Posted
I think you should read everything I said with regards to reach out messages eyemblacksheep.
Posted

I have had a lot to catch up - I went for some food and come back to 50+ new posts in this thread.

But, honestly.  

I know it's frustrating - you reach out to someone and think they're a potential match and get left on read or get the "not interested" button pressed - and it sucks but... that's the response.

There might be a whole bunch of things hanging off that no response (the old "I must reply late when i have time" and then not happens a lot) 

But there is the problem sometimes that no replying annoys some, hitting 'no thanks' annoys some, replying 'I'm not interested' annoys some - and no matter what response the person does to people they're not interested in someone will bitch and moan about it.

Posted

I am going to put out that there is someone I have played with multiple times who didn't reply my opening message for 3 months. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I am going to put out that there is someone I have played with multiple times who didn't reply my opening message for 3 months. 

There’s that.😂😂🥵

Posted
6 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

You're absolutely right in what you said in your previous message, you can't please everyone. But like you I've had a similar experience, not replied to for ages and then we've hit it off. Sometimes life gets in the way for a while, and sometime it suddenly catches you up!

Posted

There is another lady I can think of also who - we passed each other on some stairs and she had left me on read... and I was nervous and she was like "Fuck, right - we'll talk in a moment - sorry I didn't reply.... so much going on, let's talk" 

Although, we, err, still haven't played together - but diary clashes and she's had a lot going on.

There is kinda the angle sometimes people do mean to reply and don't.    

Posted
4 minutes ago, SirArchA said:

You're absolutely right in what you said in your previous message, you can't please everyone. But like you I've had a similar experience, not replied to for ages and then we've hit it off. Sometimes life gets in the way for a while, and sometime it suddenly catches you up!

This is definitely a factor, it's not always deliberate

Posted
5 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

This is definitely a factor, it's not always deliberate

There is also the whole issue of keeping in touch when we all lead busy lives. No matter how hard we try, we can only respond to so many messages in a day, and if someone's inbox is busy then alas some conversations can get left for a while. If you're worth talking to, they'll catch up with you eventually.

Posted
9 minutes ago, SirArchA said:

*Lockfairy looks slightly shifty as she realised this week she hadn’t replied to SirArchA’s last message many weeks ago … *

Posted
1 minute ago, SirArchA said:

There is also the whole issue of keeping in touch when we all lead busy lives. No matter how hard we try, we can only respond to so many messages in a day, and if someone's inbox is busy then alas some conversations can get left for a while. If you're worth talking to, they'll catch up with you eventually.

I'm notoriously shite at replying, even with really good, long term friends. I also feel awkward replying if it's been a few days/weeks

Posted
3 minutes ago, SirArchA said:

LMAO 🤣

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lockfairy said:

*Lockfairy looks slightly shifty as she realised this week she hadn’t replied to SirArchA’s last message many weeks ago … *

Snap 😂

Posted
1 minute ago, CopperKnob said:

Snap 😂

I'm saying nothing 😜

Posted
1 hour ago, Geminijack said:

everyone should give 10:20 mins to get to know to someone

I had no idea that there were educational establishments teaching actual lessons in such entitlement... or did you manage to come to this conclusion all by yourself?

Certainly every creep, stalker, weirdo and worse will be relieved to learn that they can now approach any stranger they want, wherever they desire, for whatever reason they wish, and if the object of their attention does not take the time to "get to know them" then it is said target who is at fault.

Posted

you know - speed dating it's typically 3-8 minutes with each person : those which are 10 minutes are excessive.

Posted
Do you know what has been nice about the comments? That there are guys who know and do better than the OP but, even better than that, some guys who have asked questions of the females experiences and themselves and have expressed their intention of doing things differently
Posted
2 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:
Do you know what has been nice about the comments? That there are guys who know and do better than the OP but, even better than that, some guys who have asked questions of the females experiences and themselves and have expressed their intention of doing things differently

It's been a great discussion in my opinion, some poor choice of words, but overall it did open a new meaning to how messages should be delivered. Is this going to stop every single "guilty" person from continuing? Absolutely not, but overall, a mind opener to some who have done so in the past and may change.

Posted
It’s what discussions should be about. Enlightenment and discovery Copper.😌
Posted
I guess for anyone having a problem with this concept.. go ask your single female friends for a quick look at their tinder profile (or insert any dating app on the planet) and see how many likes they get.
I was playing with someone a couple of years ago and asked to see theirs out of curiosity.. she'd been on tinder for about 5 days and had in excess of 200 likes - now imagine that all of those likes could message you unrestricted, whenever they wanted.. now imagine trying to spend 10-20mins replying to each one! 😶
And potentially get an inbox of *** for your troubles.

A Man's experience is usually vastly different from a women's experience on any socail/dating/kink app. It's probably sensible to listen to those actual women... when they tell you how it is 😂

So it's not hard... give less fucks.. if you cold message someone and they don't reply... forget them and move on 🙌 it's a simple but ultimately freeing concept.