Age is just a number?

Posted
Hi beautiful people,
Why people older than me always tell me:
"You are too Young for us!!"
Why does age matters when it comes to fun!!
And what if i have a big interest for people older than me where should go then 😞
Posted
Because age equals a lot of shared experiences. You may not understand the relevance of a comment. Your music may be too different.
If all you're interested in is play, sure. But most need a connection
Posted
As someone who is one of those people. I’m older… I have a lot of life experience. I’m looking for experience in the dom front and a lot of discipline. I’m have to lead in a lot of other parts of my life so it’s hard for me to submit. Now I also have a different cultural perspective as I am in the US.
Posted
Because people like what they like, people are at different stages in their life, one day playing around with a 20yr old is fun and games but then maybe the next its time to pull their socks up and find their forever partner which might be someone a similar age.
Some just might not be attracted to those younger than them.
Where do you go if you are looking for someone older??....you go to someone looking for someone younger, and dont hassle those who state they have an age preference x
Posted
I’m 22 and dating a 33 year old, I think when people say that to you they mean you are to immature for them
Posted (edited)

Because that is their preference, some like age gaps, others don't. Just like you will have your preferences that will rule people out, whether its age, height, weight, ethnicity, kinks etc, so if someone thinks you are too young for them, too tall, too short, that's their choice & just because you have the view of age doesn't matter, for others it does & there's no point complaining about it as we all have our preferences & I'm pretty sure over the years you have ruled people out based on your preferences & in effect you are saying why won't some people give me what I want even though it's not what they want

Edited by Deleted Member
Addition
Posted
Sometimes people hide behind age - an empirical measurement - as an excuse not to engage for whatever reason. Experience does not equate to age, nor ability, but preferences are preferences and must be accepted. Stating that you're after someone older in your profile is the simplest way for people to find you plus of course there are the munches and other events.
Posted
14 minutes ago, Cheekysub247 said:
Because people like what they like, people are at different stages in their life, one day playing around with a 20yr old is fun and games but then maybe the next its time to pull their socks up and find their forever partner which might be someone a similar age.
Some just might not be attracted to those younger than them.
Where do you go if you are looking for someone older??....you go to someone looking for someone younger, and dont hassle those who state they have an age preference x

Totally agree with you, and i respect that of course: that’s why i asked where should i go as the solution is within me, not people 😇

Thanks for the reply though

Posted
26 minutes ago, tiemeupinil said:
As someone who is one of those people. I’m older… I have a lot of life experience. I’m looking for experience in the dom front and a lot of discipline. I’m have to lead in a lot of other parts of my life so it’s hard for me to submit. Now I also have a different cultural perspective as I am in the US.

I think i understand it more from what you said here, thanks 😊

Posted
Younger women = will tend to go for looks
Older women = look for stability and finances
Posted
12 minutes ago, JackySun said:
I’m 22 and dating a 33 year old, I think when people say that to you they mean you are to immature for them

Not sure if this reply is directly to me or not but in case if it is: yet here you are.

Posted
32 minutes ago, TxFrank said:
Because age equals a lot of shared experiences. You may not understand the relevance of a comment. Your music may be too different.
If all you're interested in is play, sure. But most need a connection

I do Need connection! Actually that’s my first priority here, but there is no space for a chat, i guess i have to accept others mess, and by that i mean men

Posted
If a younger guy won’t hold my hand in public, age is *not*, in fact, “just a number” - and that is the long and the short of it.
Posted
Because you are too young for them. Accept their boundaries. Respect their decision. Because, if you can't do that, it speaks of your emotional maturity and you've validated their perspective
Posted
If they're "always" telling you you're too young, have you considered that either you're connecting with the wrong people, and just have to accept that perhaps you are too young for *those* people, and move on to find others who don't think you are?
Or perhaps they use your age as a polite reason to let you down gently when actually there may be other reasons, like not having a great deal to go on from your profile, or not liking your message or many other possibles.
Either way it's their choice - the choice you have is to accept you're not for them and if necessary adapt your thinking and approach.
Posted
36 minutes ago, JackySun said:

11 years is so small difference that I didn't had any problems. Just live and have fun 💕

DeviantInside
Posted
Ok there’s a bit of a problem here… you start off with “why does age matter?” and immediately follow it up with “what if I have a big interest for older people?”

Speaking from my own experiences I have had an 8 year relationship with someone 19 years older that started when I was mid 20s and a similar ltr with someone who was 17 years younger (when I was significantly older than mid 20s…). Both were amazing relationships and in both cases the age didn’t matter… because I wasn’t interested in them for their age, I was interested in them as people first and foremost. The connection was what was important. As a general rule people don’t like to feel they are reduced to being one thing about themselves and that’s the only or primary reason you’re interested in them. It’s similar to only being interested in someone because you think they can fulfil a fantasy or kink of yours. Now there are of course some that enjoy being dehumanised or objectified like that (and no kink shaming here about it) but it’s not the norm.

One of the things I think we all have to remember is that if we are not getting the response we are looking for then we have to look at ourselves first. What do I offer, why should someone be interested in me, are my expectations and wants realistic. And then from there we should all be working on improving that, just on basic principles regardless of whatever our current “success” on whatever metric we are measuring that on.
Posted
There, you answered your own question. If you can understand basic Ds relationship then you need to learn more. But don’t worry too much, the right person would come eventually..
Posted
This is a weird topic to talk about because at its core it comes down to power. If you're really interested in understanding some of this stuff look up how grooming works with age disparities. It's all about psychology
Posted
1 hour ago, cheekykhalid said:

Younger women = will tend to go for looks
Older women = look for stability and finances

Well there's a sweeping generalisation, if ever I saw one!

Posted
You can't say age is just a number and then admit you are interested in a specific age! It's a preference, at the end of the day, as someone explained very well above. Where can you go? Look at people who say in their profile or ads that they accept your age range, avoid those eho say they are t interested in someone your age. Is that limiting? Yes. But we all limit the field to whoever suits our individual preferences.
Posted
1 hour ago, Sam1i said:

Not sure if this reply is directly to me or not but in case if it is: yet here you are.

Ooooof, kinda proving their point there, my friend 😳

Posted
It’s a personal decision. I’m raising my children and don’t want or need to raise another. I require experience and wisdom, both of which come with, you guessed it, age.
Posted
Just because you like older people doesn't mean that they have to like you. But... there are are older people who *do* like younger suitors, so keep looking and you will the right person for you.
Posted
2 hours ago, Sam1i said:

I do Need connection! Actually that’s my first priority here, but there is no space for a chat, i guess i have to accept others mess, and by that i mean men

So if you consider another's boundaries or preferences a "mess", regardless of their preferred gender, that is a You problem. 

Also, OP didn't mention chat, just fun. Pretty big difference.